Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Thanks fr the help :)

@Von3679 @P-47 Thunderbolt is correct, the attack was successful, but malfunctioned immediately afterward.

@Edgehawk , After running there I don't know how much turn is left, but can Den try to coral those leaving back onto the balcony?

Ohhh ok thanks! So that’s a dmg 8 shot.

15 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , After running there I don't know how much turn is left, but can Den try to coral those leaving back onto the balcony?

Yes, but some are attempting to leave the scene.

55 minutes ago, Von3679 said:

Ohhh ok thanks! So that’s a dmg 8 shot.

Actually it's 9 damage. The Despair didn't affect your damage, the "your last shot fails to fire" was purely narrative, so it's 6 base damage+3 success=9 damage.

46 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Actually it's 9 damage. The Despair didn't affect your damage, the "your last shot fails to fire" was purely narrative, so it's 6 base damage+3 success=9 damage.

The success to hit counts as an extra dmg? Oh i didnt know that :0 i thought only extra successes give extra dmg?

6 minutes ago, Von3679 said:

The success to hit counts as an extra dmg? Oh i didnt know that :0 i thought only extra successes give extra dmg?

I did too at first, but it's net success.

Great, I want to move in in a way so I can gain some sort of advantage on finding who/what ever is going on.

6 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Great, I want to move in in a way so I can gain some sort of advantage on finding who/what ever is going on.

Just posted IC.

On 6/14/2020 at 6:49 AM, Edgehawk said:
On 6/6/2020 at 6:43 PM, Edgehawk said:
  • Briar 5s, 1a, 1t
  • Hale 5s
  • Crispin 4s, 1a, 1t (Adversary 2, Defense 1),
  • Assassin 3s, 1a (Adversary 1)
  • Tactical watercraft 3s
  • Zyi 2s, 2a (Slicer, Adversary 2)
  • Den 2s, 1a
  • Squamatan x5 grp1 2s, 1a (2 down, 3 surrendered)
  • Banshee Squad 2s
  • Drogos 2s , 1 th, 1 tr
  • Veitra 1s, 5a
  • Ral 1s, 3a
  • Evon 1s, 3a
  • Squamatan x5 grp2 0s, 2a (all down)
  • Hawk @Barbaross41

Briar @Imperial Stormtrooper and Hale @P-47 Thunderbolt are up!

Edited by Edgehawk

@Edgehawk , you never responded when I asked about Banshee Squad:

On 6/18/2020 at 9:34 AM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Edgehawk , is there any way to get closer faster (like an Athletics check), or just Maneuvers? Hale ain't gonna stop, so the Banshees are going to go play backup to try and keep him from getting his fool head blown off.

If possible, I'd like for them to spread out to so they aren't grouped together in Blast range.

What's Hale range to Crispin and to the watercraft?

On 6/18/2020 at 9:34 AM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

is there any way to get closer faster (like an Athletics check), or just Maneuvers?

A Daunting Athletics check with 1 Upgrade (vs 3eD+1eC) can get Hale to the boat while it is picking up Crispin. Triumph can Engage Crispin prior to boarding.

6 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

A Daunting Athletics check with 1 Upgrade (vs 3eD+1eC) can get Hale to the boat while it is picking up Crispin. Triumph can Engage Crispin prior to boarding.

Would that be his whole turn, or the equivalent of 2 Maneuvers (so 2 Strain)?

10 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Would that be his whole turn, or the equivalent of 2 Maneuvers (so 2 Strain)?

It should probably require 2 Maneuvers, so yes, 2 Strain. If Successful, Hale can reach and board the boat (no additional roll); Triumph will allow Hale to actually Engage and Attack Crispin (immediately) as he is attempting to board.

Athletics : 1eP+3eA+1eC+3eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
p-a-a.png a-a-a.png a-s-a.png a-a.png c-th.png d-th.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

Nope. So close. I'll add a Setback to any attacks against him with the Advantage (unless you've got any better ideas), and Moving Target gives him +1 Ranged Defense.

Close! Hale would not have otherwise been able to reach him, regardless. Hale is able to effectively reach Engaged range of Crispin and the boat, but is unable to maneuver or act further at present. @P-47 Thunderbolt

How far is Briar from the boat, and has Crispin reached the boat or is just closer? Also how far is it back to the resort by this point?

Perhaps a Desti y flip could give me some sort of "security protocol" I could activate (biofeedback shock, ejection seat 😝 )

12 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

How far is Briar from the boat, and has Crispin reached the boat or is just closer? Also how far is it back to the resort by this point?

Medium, approaching Long, from Crispin in the water, as he swims toward the boat. Medium back to dry land.

3 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Perhaps a Desti y flip could give me some sort of "security protocol" I could activate (biofeedback shock, ejection seat 😝 )

I like it!

Ok I'll suffer two strain to aim twice, then shoot at Crispin.

Attacking Crispin : 1eP+1eA+2eB+2eC+1eS 3 failures, 3 advantage, 1 Despair
p-a.png a-a.png b-a.png b--.png c-d.png c-f.png s-f.png

lol. I forgot the challenge dice the first time... It went so much better then...

I'll give a boost to the next person with 1 advantage and recover strain with the other two, unless there's something cool that could be done with it. What's the despair?

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper
31 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

I’m going to say you can activate the protocol of your choice, remotely, from the same fob that alerted you. Let’s call it ranged light, for game purposes. Long range, Adversary 2.

6 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

lol. I forgot the challenge dice the first time... It went so much better then..

You could have just re-rolled the reds in place of the purples, and kept the rest of the initial roll. This would have netted 1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Despair.

59 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

You could have just re-rolled the reds in place of the purples, and kept the rest of the initial roll. This would have netted 1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Despair.

If you'll allow that I'll do it, and still pass on the boost and only recover 1 strain. What does the despair do?

Ejection it is! (hopefully)

Get off my plane! : 2eA+1eP+1eD+2eC 0 successes
a-a-a.png a-s.png p-a.png d--.png c-th-th.png c-f-th.png

Ok, using Second Chance on Yellow, this just HAS to be cool...

Second Chance talent : 1eP 1 success, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png

Ha ha! 1 net success. Off to IC.

17 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

If you'll allow that I'll do it, and still pass on the boost and only recover 1 strain. What does the despair do?

Good, and noted. For the Despair.. curse Briar’s fair skin! Sunburn!! Briar’s exposed skin suffers an extreme exposure reaction, suffering 1 Wound, and continuing to suffer an additional wound for each round of further exposure, moving forward (until back inside the resort).