Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

What's the range to Crispin?

I remembered a post from two and a half weeks ago where I referenced "clogging helmet filters." No one else cares, but I do, so I went back and fixed it. :P

@Edgehawk , what's the range to Crispin for the Banshees and for Hale? I'm befuddled as to the layout and where everybody is. If you're willing and able, a rundown of the team would be appreciated.

At this point, Crispin is Medium Range from Hale and the Banshees, and swimming (essentially prone, so add a Setback for ranged attack purposes). The boat is just entering Long range (personal scale) and closing fast, with no exposed targets. @P-47 Thunderbolt

Can we reach the balcony this round with Den? Do we see the sniper? Or it's trail?

Making my way to the Phantom.

Did the sniper move perchance?

26 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Did the sniper move perchance?

From your vantage directly beneath the balcony, you cannot tell, but Briar saw the shooter withdraw from the rail.

6 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

From your vantage directly beneath the balcony, you cannot tell, but Briar saw the shooter withdraw from the rail.

So he would be too far and I wouldn't know where he went?

59 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

So he would be too far and I wouldn't know where he went?

Drogos positioned himself immediately beneath the shooter on the balcony, in order to get as close as possible (Medium range for Bind). From there, he cannot see through the deck, but can no longer see a rifle sticking out over the balcony.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Drogos positioned himself immediately beneath the shooter on the balcony, in order to get as close as possible (Medium range for Bind). From there, he cannot see through the deck, but can no longer see a rifle sticking out over the balcony.

Is he too far from Crispin

8 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Is he too far from Crispin

At this point, yes. He has been steadily maneuvering away from the beach, and Drogos has retreated back in the opposite direction, toward the resort. I’m afraid with the Difficult terrain, there is no way to get him in range this round.

Is there any way to scale the tower?

4 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Is there any way to scale the tower?

Sure, but it will be a Daunting Athletics check, with a Setback for the armor. The crux will be at the top (nearly 40’ up), surmounting the balcony itself, which juts out. If you commit to spending your next xp on Enhance, you can roll your Force dice with the check.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Sure, but it will be a Daunting Athletics check, with a Setback for the armor. The crux will be at the top (nearly 40’ up), surmounting the balcony itself, which juts out. If you commit to spending your next xp on Enhance, you can roll your Force dice with the check.

Enhance is not the current Plan with Drogos, Athletics it is.

Athletics : 1eP+3eA+4eD 0 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a-a-a.png a-a.png a-s-s.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png d-th.png d--.png

I take it I don't fall, Could the Triumph be I get there but not this turn?

Missed setback : 1eS 1 failure
s-f.png

4 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

I take it I don't fall, Could the Triumph be I get there but not this turn?

I tend to interpret failure as failure, but the Triumph could allow for another check next turn, with an Upgrade.

3 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

I tend to interpret failure as failure, but the Triumph could allow for another check next turn, with an Upgrade.

What if he got partway, so the check is easier next time? An upgrade doesn't do all that much to increase the chance of success, and I think it stands to reason that he'd have made it at least partway up.

6 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

What if he got partway, so the check is easier next time? An upgrade doesn't do all that much to increase the chance of success, and I think it stands to reason that he'd have made it at least partway up.

Fair enough. The top is the hardest part of the climb to negotiate, but I can see your point. @Shlambate The next check can be Hard instead of Daunting.

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

Fair enough. The top is the hardest part of the climb to negotiate, but I can see your point. @Shlambate The next check can be Hard instead of Daunting.

Cool I'll make a post Shortly

Coercing the guests to follow the sniper : 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png a-s.png d-th.png d--.png s-th.png

Maybe using the advantage, that the guest saw something that helps us later? Something to identify the sniper?

Veitra’s short range right? Can she get to engaged and swing her light stick? :D

1 hour ago, Von3679 said:

Veitra’s short range right? Can she get to engaged and swing her light stick? :D

I believe Veitra was at Short range, prior to Crispin continuing to withdraw this turn? Which means two Maneuvers (or Force leap as Action) to Short (difficult terrain).

@Von3679 The same offer stands for you, with regards to committing your next XP to something which could help you in the current scene.

@Rimsen , but what if they don't love the Emperor? :D

2 hours ago, Von3679 said:

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

I believe Veitra was at Short range, prior to Crispin continuing to withdraw this turn? Which means two Maneuvers (or Force leap as Action) to Short (difficult terrain).

So Force leap+2 Maneuvers would put you to Engaged, and if you match his two Maneuvers next turn you'd be able to act. Do you have the strain for that though? That's 4 Strain.