Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

@Edgehawk , I forgot Banshee squad was up (twice!).

Last turn, I guess they'd have run crowd control with Luks. I'll see how to include that in the narrative.

For this round, they'll move to Short with 2 Maneuvers (minions are pretty much useless in difficult terrain if they don't have blaster rifles drawn).

Do I need to see him to choke him?

5 hours ago, Shlambate said:

Do I need to see him to choke him?

I tend to prefer line of sight, but since you can see him from your current vantage, I will say you can make the attempt with an Upgrade (vs 2eD+1eC instead of just vs 3eD); Drogos will still need to use 2 Maneuvers to reach the position directly beneath the balcony where the sniper is in range.

5 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

I tend to prefer line of sight, but since you can see him from your current vantage, I will say you can make the attempt with an Upgrade (vs 2eD+1eC instead of just vs 3eD); Drogos will still need to use 2 Maneuvers to reach the position directly beneath the balcony where the sniper is in range.

From what Drogos sees Crispin is quite covered right. Just want to make sure no one gets away here.

8 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

From what Drogos sees Crispin is quite covered right. Just want to make sure no one gets away here.

Well... Crispin is backing away from the shore, and will have to go through Hale and the rest of Banshee Squad to reach the beach.

When it's my slot, I'll follow the pilot.

Edited by Barbaross41
On 6/8/2020 at 4:18 PM, Edgehawk said:

Well... Crispin is backing away from the shore, and will have to go through Hale and the rest of Banshee Squad to reach the beach.

Drogos will hope that the stormtroopers are competent enough to stop him

Force Choke : 1eP+3eA+2eC+1eD+2eF 2 advantage, 2 Dark Side
p-s-a.png a--.png a-a.png a-a-a.png c-f-th.png c-th.png d--.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Well then I will give the Sniper a Detriment to his aim.

On 6/6/2020 at 6:43 PM, Edgehawk said:

Shoals Initiative :

• Briar 5s, 1a, 1t
  • Hale 5s
  • Crispin 4s, 1a, 1t (Adversary 2, Defense 1)
  • Assassin 3s, 1a
  • Den 2s, 1a
  • Squamatan x4 grp1 2s, 1a (Acted)
  • Banshee Squad 2s
  • Drogos 2s , 1 th, 1 tr
  • Veitra 1s, 5a
  • Ral 1s, 3a
  • Evon 1s, 3a
  • Squamatan x4 grp2 0s, 2a
  • Hawk @Barbaross41

@Barbaross41 Hawk is up, finishing up this round. Also Briar and Hale at the top of the next round. @Imperial Stormtrooper @P-47 Thunderbolt

On 6/6/2020 at 6:52 PM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Wait, so the squamatan are fighting Crispin too? I thought they were working with him.

Ah, you said "latter" which refers to Crispin, but since I didn't read the spoiler text, I didn't realize they were actually attacking Hale and it was a mistake.

Hale:
Maneuver: Stand from prone
Action: Brawl attack Squamatans: Brawl : 2eP+2eA+2eD 5 successes, 1 Triumph
p-s-a.png p-tr.png a-s.png a-s-s.png d--.png d-th.png

Yowzah! 9 Stun damage, and with the Triumph can I disengage entirely, even though it would normally take 2 Maneuvers? If not, I'll just crit, so they take wounds equal to WT+1.

With 5 Successes and a Triumph, just go ahead and narrate laying waste to all four of the minions, taking them out of the fight- unless you would prefer to do something different with the Triumph? @P-47 Thunderbolt

Edited by Edgehawk

Nope, that's fine. :D

I'll work on the IC post. How many are still up?

14 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Nope, that's fine. :D

I'll work on the IC post. How many are still up?

4/5 of the other group are still up.

O_O Hale's mad.

@Edgehawk , any chance Hale can force Crispy to make a Coercion check? Methinks his Nuna is cooked!

16 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

O_O Hale's mad.

@Edgehawk , any chance Hale can force Crispy to make a Coercion check? Methinks his Nuna is cooked!

To keep the others fighting, like a morale check? I was already thinking along those lines.

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

To keep the others fighting, like a morale check? I was already thinking along those lines.

Either to encourage allies or discourage Crispy, whatever you find appropriate.

So has the sniper ran or is he still up there? Also, how many Squamatans are left in the remaining minion group?

6 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So has the sniper ran or is he still up there? Also, how many Squamatans are left in the remaining minion group?

4 minions left, looking more than a little hesitant at this point. Not sure who might have eyes on the sniper right now, from within or without, but it is unlikely that he could have departed the balcony.

Is Briar still at medium from Crispen, and is it still difficult terrain to get closer?

1 hour ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Is Briar still at medium from Crispen, and is it still difficult terrain to get closer?

Oops! Yes and yes. And a quick glance can catch the sniper withdrawing from view.

In that case I'll aim and fire at the last minion group.

Blaster Attack : 1eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 2 threat
p-s-s.png a-s.png b--.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

That's 8 damage before soak. What's the threat?

4 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

That's 8 damage before soak.

That can remove an injured one from the fight. Stun setting, or is Briar escalating? Either way, the three remaining are questioning their life choices.

4 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

What's the threat?

Briar’s foot sinks into the sand and catches on something, temporarily immobilizing her. It will require a Maneuver to extricate (2 Strain for a second Maneuver in the current round is acceptable, or wait for next round).

Isn't stun setting limited to short range, which would require 2 maneuvers to reach because of the terrain?

Yes, Stun is limited to Short.

22 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Isn't stun setting limited to short range, which would require 2 maneuvers to reach because of the terrain?

11 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yes, Stun is limited to Short.

Ah, yes. Between Hale’s display of prowess, and Briar’s live fire, the remaining few surrender. Not Crispin, however.

On 6/11/2020 at 2:24 PM, Edgehawk said:

On 6/6/2020 at 6:43 PM, Edgehawk said:

Shoals Initiative :

• Briar 5s, 1a, 1t (acted)
  • Hale 5s (acted)
  • Crispin 4s, 1a, 1t (Adversary 2, Defense 1), acted
  • Assassin 3s, 1a (Adversary 1), acted offscreen
  • Den 2s, 1a
  • Squamatan x5 grp1 2s, 1a (2 down, 3 surrendered)
  • Banshee Squad 2s
  • Drogos 2s , 1 th, 1 tr
  • Veitra 1s, 5a
  • Ral 1s, 3a
  • Evon 1s, 3a
  • Squamatan x5 grp2 0s, 2a (all down)
  • Hawk @Barbaross41

Banshees @P-47 Thunderbolt , Luks @Rabobankrider , Drogos @Shlambate , Veitra @Von3679 , Ral @bsmith23 , Evon @Rimsen , Hawk @Barbaross41 : You are all up, in any order!