Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Ah i see. Well. Here it is XD. Luckily i passed :P

: 2eA+1eB+4eD 1 success, 1 threat
a-a-a.png a-s-s.png b-s.png d-th.png d-f-f.png d-th.png d-th.png

@Von3679 Take a Strain for the Threat.

Edited by Edgehawk

Ok done! Total 11/15 strain now XD. Probs wont be able to do 2 manuevers anymore

@P-47 Thunderbolt @Barbaross41 Is autofire in conjunction with stun setting a thing? I’m having trouble finding anything definitive, and am inclined to think not? Certainly not portrayed in any visual media, that I’m aware of?

4 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt @Barbaross41 Is autofire in conjunction with stun setting a thing? I’m having trouble finding anything definitive, and am inclined to think not? Certainly not portrayed in any visual media, that I’m aware of?

As far as I am aware, there is no mutual exclusivity there. Reading the descriptions, there is no suggestion of incompatibility.

In my games, I rule that it is compatible.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
49 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

In my games, I rule that it is compatible.

Fair enough. In the spirit of keeping player options open, as opposed to taking them away, I can accept and adopt this perspective.

On 5/31/2020 at 9:38 AM, Edgehawk said:

Shoals Initiative :

• Briar 5s, 1a, 1t
  • Hale 5s
  • Crispin 4s, 1a, 1t (Adversary 2, Defense 1)
  • Assassin 3s, 1a
  • Den 2s, 1a
  • Squamatan x4 grp1 2s, 1a
  • Banshee Squad 2s
  • Drogos 2s , 1 th, 1 tr
  • Veitra 1s, 5a
  • Ral 1s, 3a
  • Evon 1s, 3a
  • Squamatan x4 grp2 0s, 2a
  • Hawk @Barbaross41

Top of the next round. Briar and Hale are up first, in any order. @P-47 Thunderbolt @Imperial Stormtrooper

@bsmith23 @Barbaross41 Each of you took down a minion. With autofire, soak applies to each hit, unless I am mistaken?

Edited by Edgehawk
2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

@bsmith23 @Barbaross41 Each of you took down a minion. With autofire, soak applies to each hit, unless I am mistaken?

Correct.

5 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Top of the next round. Briar and Hale are up first, in any order. @P-47 Thunderbolt

The red streak, is it like blood, or something else?

I was halfway to engaged range of the rogue agent, so a single Maneuver to engage.
Action: Brawl: Tackling Crispy : 2eP+2eA+2eC+1eS 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s.png p-s.png a-s.png a-s-a.png c--.png c--.png s-f.png

7 stun damage, and I'll recover a Strain with the Advantage.

12 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The red streak, is it like blood, or something else?

Average Perception with 2 Setback for the environmental conditions at the time (which have now subsided). Edit- go ahead as an incidental.

Edited by Edgehawk
Just now, Edgehawk said:

Average Perception with 2 Setback for the environmental conditions at the time (which have now subsided).

Wait, is it an Average Perception, or Average with 2 Setback?

I don't think I want to make the check. If it's a matter of actually needing to determine what it is as opposed to just clarifying what you were describing, it wouldn't make much sense for Hale to do it, he's a bit preoccupied.

The red is a clue, but its exact nature is being obscured by npc Advantage expenditure. No need for Hale to delve into it- I was allowing for a check, since you asked.

So how far away is Briar from the various hostiles? How big does the red streak appear to be?

10 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So how far away is Briar from the various hostiles? How big does the red streak appear to be?

A Maneuver will get you to Short range with Crispin and the Squamatans this round. The red was something caught briefly in your peripheral vision. Average Perception w/2 Setback to learn more (as an Incidental, in addition to your Action); or, focusing on this specifically as your Action can remove the Setback.

I'll try the incidental.

Perception : 2eP+1eA+2eD+2eS 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png p--.png a-s-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png s--.png s--.png

Strain for threat or something else?

It takes Briar a moment to put it together, but it was a lone plasma bolt, possibly with a reduced signature. Following its likely trajectory, she finds herself looking up at the observation platform above. For the Threat, the shooter notes Briar’s recognition. @Imperial Stormtrooper

Edited by Edgehawk

Does she see the shooter, or just the location that the shot was taken from?

5 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Does she see the shooter, or just the location that the shot was taken from?

She can see the shooter, though little is visible over the guard rail (figure is hooded, can’t make out features). Looks like Den’s firing into the air scared off the more casual observers. The observation deck is Medium range directly above the beach, but Long range from any vantage with a chance of hitting the sniper (unless attempting to shoot directly through the floor plating). The tightly spaced balustrade provides cover, adding a Setback.

Edited by Edgehawk

@Edgehawk , what is the current Duty result?

Both Hale's WT and ST are both too high somehow, and I'm trying to track down why (or if they actually aren't).

Could Briar yell out a warning, in addition to maneuver and action? If so, I'll use the maneuver to pull out the blaster pistol and action to fire it at one of the minion groups. Otherwise I'll just go with pulling out the blaster and the warning.

45 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Could Briar yell out a warning, in addition to maneuver and action? If so, I'll use the maneuver to pull out the blaster pistol and action to fire it at one of the minion groups. Otherwise I'll just go with pulling out the blaster and the warning.

Go ahead. A shouted warning can be an Incidental.

Attacking Minions : 1eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-a-a.png a-a.png d-th.png d-th.png

I'll use the advantage to recover strain.

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Edgehawk , what is the current Duty result?

Both Hale's WT and ST are both too high somehow, and I'm trying to track down why (or if they actually aren't).

You are men and women of the Empire, dammit- Duty is always activated! Seriously though, I was struggling to adequately incorporate Duty into the narrative, and did not even roll for the current session. I do not think it would break the game to just let everyone keep the +2 WT and +2 ST going forward. @Imperial Stormtrooper @Rabobankrider @Shlambate @Rimsen @bsmith23 @Von3679 @Barbaross41

13 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

You are men and women of the Empire, dammit- Duty is always activated! Seriously though, I was struggling to adequately incorporate Duty into the narrative, and did not even roll for the current session. I do not think it would break the game to just let everyone keep the +2 WT and +2 ST going forward. @Imperial Stormtrooper @Rabobankrider @Shlambate @Rimsen @bsmith23 @Von3679 @Barbaross41

Okay, I'll adjust accordingly.

42 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Permanent 2 WT and ST? Nice

Nice! @Edgehawk , just to check, when am i up in the initiative order?