Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

It is a fairly narrow strip of beach, with shallows that seem to extend well out, though this may be tidal. The task force is at the far end of Medium range from the target, but sand and shallow water, combined with thirty or so spectators and fighters, make for Difficult terrain.

Target appears to be wearing some sort of thin protective clothing, but Hale cannot be certain from his vantage. It would make sense, with the planetary issues of extended exposure.

Then Hale will push forwards, taking 2 maneuvers to get into Short range. He gets Ranged Defense 1 from having acted this round. Since he isn't in his armor, he'd have 4 Soak and 1 Ranged Defense (unless the uniform gives +1 Soak).

Should I go ahead and post IC?

On 5/23/2020 at 6:40 AM, Edgehawk said:

Shoals Initiative :

• Briar 5s, 1a, 1t
  • Hale 5s
  • Crispin 4s, 1a, 1t (Adversary 2, Defense 1)
  • Den 2s, 1a
  • Banshee Squad 2s
  • Veitra 1s, 5a
  • Ral 1s, 3a

@P-47 Thunderbolt You can post. Unfortunately, uniform does not provide Soak.

Edited by Edgehawk

Oh, forgot the Banshees: Initiative : 2eP+1eA 2 successes
p--.png p-s.png a-s.png

Working on posting now, sorry for the delay with the Banshees.

Where is Briar relative to everything, is she in the same place as the rest of the task force or somewhere else? How many people are there that are not part of the task force?

4 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Where is Briar relative to everything, is she in the same place as the rest of the task force or somewhere else? How many people are there that are not part of the task force?

Aside from the task force, there are ~30 or so others (fight participants and spectators). Briar can be on the strip of beach, but does not need to be right with the other party members. Medium range from the target (Difficult terrain), in any case. There is a balcony overlooking the scene from the resort above, also at Medium range.

Maybe i shd jump to that balcony and snipe :P put my czerka sharpshooter rifle to gd use XD. The boosts wld come in handy against his adversary i guess.

7 hours ago, Von3679 said:

Maybe i shd jump to that balcony and snipe :P put my czerka sharpshooter rifle to gd use XD. The boosts wld come in handy against his adversary i guess.

I think it’s fair to say she wasn’t touring the resort with her long rifle. Sidearms and sabers are okay, though.

38 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

I think it’s fair to say she wasn’t touring the resort with her long rifle. Sidearms and sabers are okay, though.

XDDD. Haha yeah that wld make sense. Once it gets to my turn i’ll see if i shd pull away his weapon or jump towards him(can only jump max short range so that shd put me at engaged range....?)

lets c how much dablage he deals first XD.

21 minutes ago, Von3679 said:

jump towards him(can only jump max short range so that shd put me at engaged range....?)

With 2 Maneuvers, the force leap can avoid most of the terrain difficulty, and allow Veitra to Engage the target.

Would it be reasonable to assume that Briar would not be recognized as an Imperial in her off-duty clothes? If so I'll take the free maneuver to get to short range, and use the Valuable facts action, if not I'll not move and still use the same action.

Valuable Facts (Warfare) : 2eP+2eA+2eD 0 successes, 3 advantage
p-a.png p-s-a.png a-s-a.png a--.png d-f.png d-f.png

Which fails, so that's that then.

It is reasonable to assume that Briar has not been recognized, if she has not acted to draw attention to herself. She is not a covert agent, however, and it is not impossible that the empire’s enemies could be aware of her. For the 3 Advantage, you can at least pass on 2 valuable Boosts, unless you have something else in mind? @Imperial Stormtrooper

That sounds fine. I'll post IC later today.

Where am I?

2 minutes ago, Barbaross41 said:

Where am I?

With the Banshees, if you want to be. Medium range (difficult terrain) from the guy Hale is chasing.

Initiative Check : 2eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-s-a.png a-s.png That's Den's initiative check, unless someone tells him there's an enemy, there's a good chance Den won't realise 😛

On 5/23/2020 at 1:08 PM, Edgehawk said:

Shoals Initiative :

• Briar 5s, 1a, 1t (Acted)
  • Hale 5s
  • Den 2s, 1a
  • Banshee Squad 2s
  • Drogos 2s , 1 th, 1 tr
  • Veitra 1s, 5a
  • Ral 1s, 3a
  • Hawk @Barbaross41
  • Evon @Rimsen

Edit: Regarding Hawk, Drogos, and Evon- they can participate here or not, but I need to know their locations either way.

Edited by Edgehawk

@Edgehawk what would I roll to see if Drogos perchance came upon this fight without being called, as he is just taking a stroll around the grounds to determine the layout of the resort currently.

Unless V's Force warning was sent out far enough to warn Drogos by the ship but then again he would be very far at this point.

Edited by Shlambate
1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk what would I roll to see if Drogos perchance came upon this fight without being called, as he is just taking a stroll around the grounds to determine the layout of the resort currently.

Unless V's Force warning was sent out far enough to warn Drogos by the ship but then again he would be very far at this point.

Veitra’s warning could have reached you, and even given you an idea of where to go; I figure she could have done it via coms.

Make an Athletics check, your choice of Hard (success = arrive next turn), or Daunting (success = arrive end of this turn). Failure, Threat, Despair will obviously delay/complicate your arrival.

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

Veitra’s warning could have reached you, and even given you an idea of where to go; I figure she could have done it via coms.

Make an Athletics check, your choice of Hard (success = arrive next turn), or Daunting (success = arrive end of this turn). Failure, Threat, Despair will obviously delay/complicate your arrival.

If I may make a suggestion, perhaps he rolls a [difficulty] Athletics check as his initiative roll? Failure, he arrives next turn and rolls initiative as per usual. Success, he gets to act in the current round.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

If I may make a suggestion, perhaps he rolls a [difficulty] Athletics check as his initiative roll? Failure, he arrives next turn and rolls initiative as per usual. Success, he gets to act in the current round.

This could work, too. @Shlambate Here’s another option for you, Daunting Athletics for initiative.

Athletics Initiative : 1eP+3eA+4eD 2 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a-s-s.png a-s.png a-s-s.png d-th.png d-f-f.png d-f.png d-f.png

I guess I make it

If there is a need to, can I help with crowd control? I'mean sure there's more than just the one dude listed, and the crowd might take offense to what's going on. ..

13 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

If there is a need to, can I help with crowd control? I'mean sure there's more than just the one dude listed, and the crowd might take offense to what's going on. ..

By your slot, crowd control may well prove useful.

On 5/25/2020 at 10:35 AM, Edgehawk said:

Shoals Initiative :

• Briar 5s, 1a, 1t (Acted)
  • Hale 5s
  • Den 2s, 1a
  • Banshee Squad 2s
  • Drogos 2s , 1 th, 1 tr
  • Veitra 1s, 5a
  • Ral 1s, 3a
  • Hawk @Barbaross41
  • Evon @Rimsen

Den is up! @Rabobankrider

Sometimes it pays to not like the beach and vacation in general, then you aren't exploded with sand, if it didn't get everywhere before it did now.

Can I spend the Triumph on anything?