Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Watercrest_Outpost

Image is also on Discord, and p.401 of the AoR core book. Not all of the information is relevant or correct for this campaign, but the image is good for reference, minus the ships. I’ll get something up in the morning.

Edited by Edgehawk

@Rimsen I know I have just been referring to Evon as Doctor (partly beacause the myriad ranking systems are a complicated mess), but he would not be an Agent. As a medical doctor with quite a bit of education and training, he would have an officer’s commission within the ISB- Captain, say? While technically this would rank him slightly higher than Briar, it would generally be considered strange to pull rank in non-medical matters.

@bsmith23 Average Perception for aerial recon, but the potentially available information is also dependent upon whether you are decloaking and using active scanners or not.

Edited by Edgehawk
Stupid spellcheck
49 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

@Rimsen

@bsmith23 Average Perception for aerial recon, but the potentially available information is also dependent upon whether you are decloaking and using active scanners or not.

Yeah I was going in visible, no cloak. So still perception?

17 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Yeah I was going in visible, no cloak. So still perception?

Yes, Avg Perception, unless you are specifically scanning a particular ship (Hard Perception) or attempting to slice a ship’s systems (Hard Computers).

Perception : 1eA+1eP+2eD 1 success
a-a.png p-s-s.png d-f.png d-th.png

3 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Perception : 1eA+1eP+2eD 1 success
a-a.png p-s-s.png d-f.png d-th.png

Checking the place out prior to landing, Ral is confident there are no immediate threats to the safety of the task force .

@Edgehawk , I forgot to ask about this. Den would like to swap his heavy blaster pistol for a regular blaster pistol so he can keep it concealed in his jacket, but he would like to try and conceal his blaster rifle in a bag or something so he can smuggle it into his room (just in case the place has a different version of 'subtle'). If possible he's also like to request some armoured clothing, if not though he'd just wear his casual gear. I'm assuming that wearing laminate here will stand out too much.

@Rabobankrider Swap for the smaller pistol is fine. Sneaking heavier weapons to your rooms is no problem, but they will not be allowed to into other areas of the resort (same with armor). Den could have purchased Armored Clothing (May do so now, retroactively) but it would not have been issued.

11 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@Rimsen I know I have just been referring to Evon as Doctor (partly beacause the myriad ranking systems are a complicated mess), but he would not be an Agent. As a medical doctor with quite a bit of education and training, he would have an officer’s commissioner within the ISB- Captain, say? While technically this would rank him slightly higher than Briar, it would generally be considered strange to pull rank in non-medical matters.

Fair enough. I keep that in mind 🙂

@P-47 Thunderbolt You guys aren’t undercover here. Uniform and sidearm would be acceptable as a security detail.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt You guys aren’t undercover here. Uniform and sidearm would be acceptable as a security detail.

Sorry, I got confused. My bad.

For ease of not changing everything, I'm keeping it as Hale wearing civvies. He'll change into armor when he goes "on duty."

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

For ease of not changing everything, I'm keeping it as Hale wearing civvies. He'll change into armor when he goes "on duty."

Uniform for security detail. Armor is only approved planetside here for outside the resort on maneuvers.

2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Uniform for security detail. Armor is only approved planetside here for outside the resort on maneuvers.

Okay, well, then it's a good thing I didn't mention it IC.
For me, "uniform" and "armor" are synonymous for Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers. Do stormtroopers even have a non-armor uniform? I kinda figure they should, but I don't ever remember seeing one.

Sorry for my confusion.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
25 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Do stormtroopers even have a non-armor uniform?

I’m not certain, but let’s just go with a black uniform and cap.

Just now, Edgehawk said:

I’m not certain, but let’s just go with a black uniform and cap.

Sounds good.

5 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Okay, well, then it's a good thing I didn't mention it IC.
For me, "uniform" and "armor" are synonymous for Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers. Do stormtroopers even have a non-armor uniform? I kinda figure they should, but I don't ever remember seeing one.

Sorry for my confusion.

I was wondering the same thing, for pilots. Probably some variation of a USAF flight jumpsuit (black, of course).

Astrogation Check : 1eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 threat
p-s.png a-a.png a-s-a.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png Intuitive navigation adds an advantage to the check, so it's just 1 success.

Missed Boost Dice : 1eB 1 success
b-s.png Ok 2 success it is.

Warfare Check : 1eP+2eA+2eD 1 success
p--.png a-a-a.png a-s-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png @Edgehawk I assume the check to learn about Dorn is the same, I'll edit the ic with any info I know if you let me know. :)

Sorry for the duplication, not sure how that's happened.

@Rimsen , Hale's gonna stick pretty close... If something tries to eat the doc, he might finally get some use out of his Body Guard talents! :D

If he's not needed, Ral is going to go hit the tables.

16 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

As will Hawk....

On 5/5/2020 at 5:32 PM, bsmith23 said:

On 5/5/2020 at 5:49 PM, Barbaross41 said:

As will Hawk....

You guys can hit the tables. I’ll get something up today or tomorrow.

Hale wouldn't really know what he's looking for, but he'll assist Evon as much as he can. That'd remove an upgrade, right?

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Hale wouldn't really know what he's looking for, but he'll assist Evon as much as he can. That'd remove an upgrade, right?

Yes, that or remove 1 Setback. It is too small for more than two PCs to effectively inspect at the same time.

I'll downgrade the difficulty.