Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

Just to check, Den should NOT try and blow up anyone else at the minute, right?

This is correct. The sorority fighters broke off to engage the yacht, but refrained, as it landed back on the Intrepid.

The cruiser has released Ral from the tractor, and is not attempting to target imperial ships.

Hm, Den would still very much like to shoot some pirates 😛

3 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Hm, Den would still very much like to shoot some pirates 😛

It is possible Den did not get the memo, with his helmet off...

I think Hale might've yelled loudly enough for Den to hear him, helmet or no. :D

@Edgehawk , Can I discuss some elements of my character's background with you via PM?

(Duty, etc.)

1 hour ago, player2026527 said:

@Edgehawk , Can I discuss some elements of my character's background with you via PM?

(Duty, etc.)

Sure!

I tried to PM you, but it came up with a message saying "Edgehawk cannot receive messages"

4 hours ago, player2026527 said:

I tried to PM you, but it came up with a message saying "Edgehawk cannot receive messages"

Sorry! Had to delete some older messages to free up space. Should be good to go, now.

On 3/18/2020 at 7:27 PM, Edgehawk said:

The poor engineer sergeant is probably going to have an accident while repairing the Z-6, because April’s character is named Grif, and this game isn’t big enough for the both of them. PBPs are confusing enough already, without duplicate names.

Not really, of course, but I think I will edit and change his name. Is there something else you’d like to call the engineer sergeant? @P-47 Thunderbolt

On 3/18/2020 at 7:51 PM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Just have to change the first letter, call him Kriff! :D

I'll think on it.

If April still intends to go with Grif, perhaps we change his name to Grease? Easy enough to come up with an excuse to change his name to that... ;)

Griff is just what most people call him he could be called Kriff at this period.. he’s old for a Jawa probably pushing 300 now

Edited by April
32 minutes ago, April said:

Griff is just what most people call him he could be called Kriff at this period.. he’s old for a Jawa probably pushing 300 now

Kriff is an expletive, so you may wish to reconsider.

How would I got about confirming Venlana's story? Most likely that is what I would like to do next.

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

Is there a chance for Den to hunt down our medic or find a medi-bay, he is very low on blood.

27 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

How would I got about confirming Venlana's story? Most likely that is what I would like to do next.

Is Briar trying to communicate with officials/ informants, for verbal confirmation? Or attempting to access/ slice into relevant records (and if so, would she be trying to access imperial records she might not necessarily be authorized to view)?

40 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Is there a chance for Den to hunt down our medic or find a medi-bay, he is very low on blood.

There’s a droid that can take care of you in the med bay.

Would it be possible to do both? Contact someone to get verbal confirmation, while also checking to see if the records match what that person says?

2 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

I'm also heading to the medbay with the other soldiers. We can meet there. Or call me on comlink and I go to you :)

6 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Would it be possible to do both? Contact someone to get verbal confirmation, while also checking to see if the records match what that person says?

What Briar can potentially learn through verbal confirmation will be dependent upon whom she reaches out to, and how she goes about it. Make an Average (social) check, using the skill you narrate; 1 Boost for ISB, or 1 Setback for other entity. Confirmation through official channels won’t necessarily require a roll, but could take some time.

Checking records... Again, will depend where Briar is looking. Average Warfare for access to records available to her. Daunting Computers, Upgraded Once, to slice into files she does not have clearance to access (with possible consequences).

Ok, I think Briar would only look through the files that she is supposed to have access to, so here goes.

Official Records : 2eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage
p--.png p-s.png a-s.png a-a-a.png d-f.png d-th.png

Not great, but still a success, could the advantage reduce the time it takes to find the files? I can't really think of anything else, at the moment.

Briar would probably try to contact the senator that Venlana named saying that she is investigating someone who says they are associated with the senator. I think this would be negotiation, since it is technically true. But, I can re-roll it if you think it should be something else @Edgehawk

Oh, and just for fun (mostly), I'll use encoded communique when I communicate with the senator, so if someone tries to listen in the check to do so is upgraded 3 times (computer ranks).

Contacting the Senator : 2eP+1eB+2eD+1eS 2 failures, 2 advantage
p-s.png p-a-a.png b-a.png d-f.png d-f-f.png s-th.png

Well... that could have gone better. I don't really know what to do with the advantage in this case.

Official Records : 2eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage Not great, but still a success, could the advantage reduce the time it takes to find the files? I can't really think of anything else, at the moment.

Official records confirm Venlana’s recent (very recent, as of today) appointment as Lieutenant Governor of Saleucami. Bank a Boost for your next “official records” check, as saving a little time here is not terribly relevant.

Oh , and just for fun (mostly), I'll use encoded communique when I communicate with the senator, so if someone tries to listen in the check to do so is upgraded 3 times (computer ranks).

Attempts to listen in were unsuccessful, but failed to generate Threat or Despair, so nothing interesting to play with.

Contacting the Senator : 2eP+1eB+2eD+1eS 2 failures, 2 advantage Well... that could have gone better. I don't really know what to do with the advantage in this case.

Okay. So the senator is evasive, but thanks you for your excellent service (he sits on the intelligence committee), and tells you he is recommending you for promotion. He also asks if there is anything else you require?

Please narrate as much of this as you wish, and I will respond in turn.

Testing rolls:

Test : 2eP+3eA+2eD 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
p--.png p-tr.png a-s-a.png a-s-a.png a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f.png

It works!

In regards to my squad, I am thinking 4 other scouts: 1 slicer, 1 driver, 1 commando, and 1 pathfinder (all with sharpshooter as their major spec)

Feel free to stat them how you wish.

(names TBD)

@player2026527 Your character has been selected for detached service, pulled from his unit, and will be working with Banshee Squad. The Banshees are a Special Commando Advanced Recon (SCAR) Squad , attached to Task Force 99 , which is under Colonel Yularen’s purview.

The task force concept is the glue that makes this work for disparate character concepts, and I do not wish to introduce another squad of NPCs at this time. At present, Hale is squad leader, with Den as weapons sergeant, and four others (NPCs):

• Sgt. Major Garand Hale TK-210 (PC)* Banshee Squad Leader
  • "Grease" Engineer Sergeant
  • "Slowdive" Intelligence Sergeant
  • "Backbeat" Communications Sergeant
  • "Stark" Sgt. Castar Arkmeda, Combat Driver
  • Den Luks (PC)* Weapons Sergeant, Pilot & Medic

The roles above overlap with your proposed scouts, and are essentially at your disposal to use as circumstances dictate. Work on filling in Hawk’s background and motivations, and I will work you into the game shortly!

Edit: Oh, and there’s a bike rack on the shuttle for your 74-Z!

Edited by Edgehawk

@Edgehawk Can I intimidate Velana into getting her to lead us with the intrepid.

Also If I am not mistaken the Girl Jumped well before V left the Hangar bay.