Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Ok can I move off the ship without losing the bind?

6 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Ok can I move off the ship without losing the bind?

I believe Range only directly impacts initiating the Force Power, so you could move away, and the effects would still last through the end of the next round.

Honestly I'd be fine either way. I think that the hunt for the girl could have some interesting plot twists, but I also think that the galactic civil war even on the fringes of it would be more interesting morally for Briar.

Sounds like we're going to end up defecting to the Rebellion and get killed by Drogos. :P

15 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Sounds like we're going to end up defecting to the Rebellion and get killed by Drogos. :P

So be it.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

I believe Range only directly impacts initiating the Force Power, so you could move away, and the effects would still last through the end of the next round.

Alright then I’ll spend the Destiny point to spend the DS points and then move off the ship in an attempt to look like I’m cooperative with their wanting to leave, hopefully the strain of the ship trying to leave tears itself apart.

On 2/28/2020 at 4:31 PM, Edgehawk said:
  • Fourth Brother Drogos @Shlambate 3s,2a
  • IPD Intrepid 3s,0a,1t Defense 2,2,2,1
  • Lt. Ral Somar @bsmith23 2s,2a
  • Sgt.Major Garand Hale @P-47 Thunderbolt 2s,1a
  • (Banshee Squad)
  • Wpns.Sgt. Den Luks @Rabobankrider 2s,0a
  • Porel Vakra (Venlana’s Lt) 1s, 4a Adversary 1, Dodge 1
  • Dr. Evon Taltron @Rimsen 1s,3a
  • Baroness Venlana Sipal 1s,2a Adversary 2
  • Cutlass-9 fighters (x2) 1s,2a Defense 1

Anyone in this bottom half of the round who has not acted, or narrated their action in the IC, please do so when you find the opportunity.

On 2/29/2020 at 9:44 PM, Shlambate said:

hopefully the strain of the ship trying to leave tears itself apart.

I do not think this would happen? For instance, when Vader force chokes someone on a (presumably) moving ship, they are bound in place relative to the ship they are on.

11 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

I do not think this would happen? For instance, when Vader force chokes someone on a (presumably) moving ship, they are bound in place relative to the ship they are on.

Not literal tearing apart just engine damage.

50 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Not literal tearing apart just engine damage.

Sorry for the confusion regarding Bind. I believe this particular power targets entities, not mechanical or electrical systems in general. This came up previously with the fleeing fighter and astromech, when I determined that droids could be targeted. In the current situation, I offered either the autopilot or astrogation droid brains as possible targets, following that precedent.

As Astrogation is an Action, it would require Bind Mastery to deprive it of operation; Binding the autopilot droid brain, however, could seize key functions and prevent pertinent Maneuvers (Accelerate, Fly). In either case, using darkside pips could wound (damage) the system targeted.

I’m trying to work with you here, but while Bind can be a versatile tool, I don’t think I want to let it target ship systems such in this way. Either flying or astrogation functions can be targeted, and possibly damaged, if you wish to use Bind to hinder the yacht’s escape.

2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Sorry for the confusion regarding Bind. I believe this particular power targets entities, not mechanical or electrical systems in general. This came up previously with the fleeing fighter and astromech, when I determined that droids could be targeted. In the current situation, I offered either the autopilot or astrogation droid brains as possible targets, following that precedent.

As Astrogation is an Action, it would require Bind Mastery to deprive it of operation; Binding the autopilot droid brain, however, could seize key functions and prevent pertinent Maneuvers (Accelerate, Fly). In either case, using darkside pips could wound (damage) the system targeted.

I’m trying to work with you here, but while Bind can be a versatile tool, I don’t think I want to let it target ship systems such in this way. Either flying or astrogation functions can be targeted, and possibly damaged, if you wish to use Bind to hinder the yacht’s escape.

Sure targeting a droid brain works, I narrated it as Drogos thinking he got the hyperdrive he's no mechanic he has no clue what he grabbed and is trying to crush.

5 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Sure targeting a droid brain works, I narrated it as Drogos thinking he got the hyperdrive he's no mechanic he has no clue what he grabbed and is trying to crush.

Awesome. I was kinda thinking this a little, too. Do you have a preference which system (autopilot or astrogation) is targeted and damaged?

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

Awesome. I was kinda thinking this a little, too. Do you have a preference which system (autopilot or astrogation) is targeted and damaged?

If they can't Astrogate Ral can shoot them out of the sky.

Did I get kicked off the yacht?

1 minute ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

I guess? I thought he would need to get to his turn @Edgehawk

Edited by Shlambate
16 minutes ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

Not if you didn’t follow Drogos off. You can be on board or off. Your call. I can rewrite if Val wants to challenge Logan closing the ramp.

36 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

I guess? I thought he would need to get to his turn @Edgehawk

Val acted earlier in the round, a favorable social check with Logan if you recall. 😍 Logan would let Val go or stay. Honestly, he’s not sure what-the-**** side anybody is on anymore, anyway.

Hmm, I guess I would have followed Drogos off since he had a plan. So I'll leave.

Den will be more than happy to hunt rebels if that's what others want.

I've enjoyed the game a lot, sometimes it just moves a bit faster than I'm used to. Other than that, no complaints!

Also what was the difficulty to hit the fighters, average gunnery?

9 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

I've enjoyed the game a lot, sometimes it just moves a bit faster than I'm used to. Other than that, no complaints!

Also what was the difficulty to hit the fighters, average gunnery?

Good! One of my goals for this game is a somewhat brisk pace, which we’re managing reasonably well, I think.

Destroyer vs fighters is Hard (Sil 5 vs 3) +1 Defense; Destroyer vs cruiser is Average, w/ Defense currently down in rear quadrant as it veers off.

On 2/28/2020 at 6:09 PM, bsmith23 said:

Whaddya all think, do I need to do something with the cruisers or just keep showing the fighters who's boss?

For Ral, it will be Easy vs cruiser, or Average w/ 1 Setback vs fighters.

12 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

For Ral, it will be Easy vs cruiser, or Average w/ 1 Setback vs fighters.

Show them!

5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Good! One of my goals for this game is a somewhat brisk pace, which we’re managing reasonably well, I think.

Destroyer vs fighters is Hard (Sil 5 vs 3) +1 Defense; Destroyer vs cruiser is Average, w/ Defense currently down in rear quadrant as it veers off.

I like the pace. Faster is better!

Gunnery vs. Cruiser : 1eA+2eP+1eD 2 successes, 1 Triumph
a--.png p-s-a.png p-tr.png d-th.png

Place holder. Let me stew on the Triumph for a few...

8 damage with the fighter's guns.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:47 AM, Edgehawk said:
  • Agent Val Kaan @CloudyLemonade92 4s,4a
  • (4 stormtroopers-ranged)
  • Renegades’ Blood PQ flagship 4s,2a,1t Defense 2,1,1,0
  • Sorority Saboteurs x3
  • Queensguard (3x1) Adversary 1, Defense 1
  • Agent Briar Ostell @Imperial Stormtrooper 4s,2a
  • (3 stormtroopers-melee)
  • Crimson Guard (hangar) 4s,2a Adversary 1, Defense 1
  • Crimson Guard “Logan” 4s,1a Adversary 1, Defense 1
  • Fourth Brother Drogos @Shlambate 3s,2a
  • IPD Intrepid 3s,0a,1t Defense 2,2,2,1
  • Lt. Ral Somar @bsmith23 2s,2a
  • Sgt.Major Garand Hale @P-47 Thunderbolt 2s,1a
  • (Banshee Squad)
  • Wpns.Sgt. Den Luks @Rabobankrider 2s,0a
  • Porel Vakra (Venlana’s Lt) 1s, 4a Adversary 1, Dodge 1
  • Dr. Evon Taltron @Rimsen 1s,3a
  • Baroness Venlana Sipal 1s,2a Adversary 2
  • Cutlass-9 fighters (x2) 1s,2a Defense 1

Once Den’s gunnery action and Ral’s attack are up, I’ll post for the two fighters, then it will be top of the next round. @CloudyLemonade92 The yacht, of course, has just departed. The ranged troopers (freed stormtroopers, unarmored but wielding scavenged blasters) stand between (short range) the queensguard and the task force’s shuttle, where Evon and a couple troopers have loaded the PQ and wounded trooper (now healed).