Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

8 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk are the fighters still up?

Both of the Sorority’s Cutlass-9 patrol fighters are still up, though one is badly damaged.

5 hours ago, Shlambate said:

I can see the art in Discord, I still don’t understand where I am?

Near base of spiral stair.

4 hours ago, Rimsen said:

I was at the yachts ramp, treating the wounded, but as the troopers brought the PQ aboard the Stormcrow, Evon follows them with his eye. I believe 1 of them is still alive, right on the deck, under fire.

The four stormtroopers still without ranged weapons were carrying the PQ to the task force’s shuttle. The queensguard cut down one of the troopers in a hail of blaster fire, and badly wounded another. Two troopers carried on, taking the PQ into the shuttle, but the injured one is pinned down midway between the yacht and shuttle.

14 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Both of the Sorority’s Cutlass-9 patrol fighters are still up, though one is badly damaged.

Near base of spiral stair.

The four stormtroopers still without ranged weapons were carrying the PQ to the task force’s shuttle. The queensguard cut down one of the troopers in a hail of blaster fire, and badly wounded another. Two troopers carried on, taking the PQ into the shuttle, but the injured one is pinned down midway between the yacht and shuttle.

Okay, I think I'll use my turn when it comes around to go there and stabalize him, then try to get out.

Edited by Rimsen
5 hours ago, Rimsen said:

I was at the yachts ramp, treating the wounded, but as the troopers brought the PQ aboard the Stormcrow, Evon follows them with his eye. I believe 1 of them is still alive, right on the deck, under fire.

Evon can go ahead and act now, if you’re ready to post. Average Medicine. Maneuver to get to the injured trooper, Maneuver to get him aboard the shuttle or back to the yacht. The other trooper is beyond help. Edit to add: I feel I should add Setback, if you are treating him in place, under fire... but also, if you move him first, as it could aggravate the injuries. @Rimsen If you have not already rolled, please apply 1 Setback.

Edited by Edgehawk

@Edgehawk will the droid do any thing against me?

Also is there a way to use a coercion check to get them to leave us alone long enough for me to stick a sword in the hyperdrive?

2 hours ago, Shlambate said:

will the droid do any thing against me?

Again, Drogos really cannot predict npc responses. The droid is not an established, recognizable model, with known capabilities. OOC, closer to Lando’s droid in the Solo movie, than to threepio.

2 hours ago, Shlambate said:

Also is there a way to use a coercion check to get them to leave us alone long enough for me to stick a sword in the hyperdrive?

Logan’s only job is to see to Venlana’s security. Drogos and team have made clear that they are a potential threat, so he is not likely to leave you alone aboard her ship. He is not hostile, but he has been made wary.

The PQ’s weapon is an “ancient sword” for lightsaber skill purposes, and crafted of materials that permit reflect/parry; it does not have Breach, however. Damaging the hyperdrive with a melee weapon... is possible, I suppose, but reliant upon some knowledge of exactly what and where to apply the damage. Okay... Average Mechanics to remove the protective cover and locate a vulnerable spot inside (This should probably be an Action, so you may need to enlist Val); Easy lightsaber or melee with 1 Setback for tight quarters, little room to generate force with the weapon. I also feel like I should Upgrade the Difficulty die to a Challenge die.

Alternatively, you could try Bind on either the autopilot or astrogation droid brains (either would be opposed by 4eD).

Edit to add: I know Coercion is your go-to skill, so if you can narrate an appropriately (coercing) oration/manner in the IC, Drogos can give it a shot. It will be a tough roll, though. These guys are not just Cool, but Disciplned.

Edited by Edgehawk
Coercion

Banshee squad was also at Medium range, so they are now at Short. I'll have them shoot using Auto-fire

Maneuver: Aim
Action: All guns blazing: Take 'em All Down! : 2eP+1eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+1eS 0 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Despair
p-s.png p--.png a-a.png b-a-a.png c-d.png d-th.png s--.png

Well that didn't help.

I'll wait on the Advantage until I know what you want for the Despair

How far am I from all the things I could potentially bind?

15 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Banshee squad was also at Medium range, so they are now at Short. I'll have them shoot using Auto-fire

Maneuver: Aim
Action: All guns blazing: Take 'em All Down! : 2eP+1eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+1eS 0 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Despair
p-s.png p--.png a-a.png b-a-a.png c-d.png d-th.png s--.png

Well that didn't help.

I'll wait on the Advantage until I know what you want for the Despair

Well, RAW I think positive symbols are spent first, then negatives. It was some time ago I read the skill check sequence.

Just now, Rimsen said:

Well, RAW I think positive symbols are spent first, then negatives. It was some time ago I read the skill check sequence.

Yeah, I think you're right. In my games, we generally resolve Despair first because of the typically bigger consequences. (not that that should happen here, just that that's what I'm used to)

@Edgehawk , do you want me to do the Advantage first? I guess I'll just pass on a Setback to the pirates.

27 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

How far am I from all the things I could potentially bind?

Medium from the yacht droid brains, but you could move aft to be below them at Short, without going up to the upper deck.

@P-47 Thunderbolt Stray autofire overshoots and strikes the console where Briar is working, damaging it.

Edit to add: the console is not directly in the line of fire, being farther back, and a little off to the side. But close enough for a Despair.

Edited by Edgehawk
16 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Medium from the yacht droid brains, but you could move aft to be below them at Short, without going up to the upper deck.

@P-47 Thunderbolt Stray autofire overshoots and strikes the console where Briar is working, damaging it.

Edit to add: the console is not directly in the line of fire, being farther back, and a little off to the side. But close enough for a Despair.

Okay. I'll narrate it as fire from the off-balance pirates (I forgot to specify, but I was target the group that had one left).

Would I need to bind it in operation or would crushing it now break it?

16 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Would I need to bind it in operation or would crushing it now break it?

Hmm... that’s a fair point. Since neither are actively operating at the moment, I’m not sure it should even be an opposed check. You can pick either system to Bind, unopposed, though it would not effect an individual from manually piloting or astrogating.

51 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Hmm... that’s a fair point. Since neither are actively operating at the moment, I’m not sure it should even be an opposed check. You can pick either system to Bind, unopposed, though it would not effect an individual from manually piloting or astrogating.

Ok should they turn it on within the next turn would it break things?

Sorry for the tons of questions I just want to be sure what I’m doing.

14 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Ok should they turn it on within the next turn would it break things?

If you apply damage through the force power, it will effect that system immediately.

16 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Sorry for the tons of questions I just want to be sure what I’m doing.

No worries, and don’t sweat it. I’m rarely sure what I’m doing.

So is there a will power check? Or just a bind activation?

15 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

So is there a will power check? Or just a bind activation?

Just Force Power (Bind activation) check. Discipline is just for opposed checks, which this isn’t, at this point.

Looking forward, I am interested in your input regarding the future of this campaign. The next chapter could be the hunt for the girl, but it does not have to be.

Also, in the larger picture, do you want the galactic civil war to properly get under way? I have kept the timeline vague, some unspecified time before R1/ANH. I am happy to keep it this way, but if you want to explore the traditional empire versus rebels conflict, I am open to it.

Let me know what you want! Might not be able to please everybody, but I am interested in hearing your thoughts on the subject. Also willing to subject my GMing to your constructive criticism, either here in the OOC, or privately. Thanks for playing!

@Rabobankrider @Imperial Stormtrooper @Shlambate @P-47 Thunderbolt @bsmith23 @Rimsen @CloudyLemonade92

Hale most definitely does not want to hunt for the girl! :D He's relieved she got away.

I'll yield to the others, but I'd like to do some more in the way of anti-rebel action. They are exactly what Hale does not want to see happen, so should be interesting for the character. However, I am also enjoying the current theme, so I'm fine with continuing that way if everyone else is.

Val would likely not want to search for the girl either. He isn't a big fan of the inquisitors and their goals. Personally I'm not sure I'd want to go head first into Galactic Civil war, but perhaps more on the fringes of its conflict?

Like Thunderbolt, I'm pretty easy and will yield either way.

Edit - also being the new kid on the block, consider my opinion the least. ;)

Edited by CloudyLemonade92

I'm in for the Civil War. Evon thinks the Empire is a necessery inconvenience to maintain the galactic peace. So I'm interested in either keeping up or challenging that view.

However, it's morally more defined and clearer to put lowlifes and criminals to justice if you don't want to wander on ambigous territory.

The girl will be mine.

(I am fine with whatever but would like to capture the girl.)

Bind : 2eF 3 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png

How do you rule Strain in your game @Edgehawk is it KO at 17/17 or 18/17?

8 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Evon can go ahead and act now, if you’re ready to post. Average Medicine. Maneuver to get to the injured trooper, Maneuver to get him aboard the shuttle or back to the yacht. The other trooper is beyond help. Edit to add: I feel I should add Setback, if you are treating him in place, under fire... but also, if you move him first, as it could aggravate the injuries. @Rimsen If you have not already rolled, please apply 1 Setback.

I use my maneuver to reach them, and give the surviving soldier a quick first aid.

Treating the fallen soldiers : 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 5 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png a-a-a.png a-s-a.png b-a-a.png d-f-f.png d-th.png s--.png

Boost for the medpac. He heals 2+3 wounds from Surgeon. I'd like to use 2 advantages for a free maneuver to get him to safety and for the 3 more, maybe the pirates hit a coolant pipe and the deck is filled with a thick mist, as the pressurized coolant is evaporized, covering us.

Edited by Rimsen
2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Looking forward, I am interested in your input regarding the future of this campaign. The next chapter could be the hunt for the girl, but it does not have to be.

Also, in the larger picture, do you want the galactic civil war to properly get under way? I have kept the timeline vague, some unspecified time before R1/ANH. I am happy to keep it this way, but if you want to explore the traditional empire versus rebels conflict, I am open to it.

Let me know what you want! Might not be able to please everybody, but I am interested in hearing your thoughts on the subject. Also willing to subject my GMing to your constructive criticism, either here in the OOC, or privately. Thanks for playing!

@Rabobankrider @Imperial Stormtrooper @Shlambate @P-47 Thunderbolt @bsmith23 @Rimsen @CloudyLemonade92

Other than the less than occasional con game, I'm just happy to be playing g instead of GMing.

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

How do you rule Strain in your game @Edgehawk is it KO at 17/17 or 18/17?

Not down until threshold has been surpassed (18/17).

1 hour ago, Rimsen said:

Boost for the medpac. He heals 2+3 wounds from Surgeon. I'd like to use 2 advantages for a free maneuver to get him to safety and for the 3 more, maybe the pirates hit a coolant pipe and the deck is filled with a thick mist, as the pressurized coolant is evaporized, covering us.

All sounds good. The trooper is good as new, mechanically speaking. Coolant mist adds 2 Setback dice, or 1 for those in laminate, with enhanced optics.