Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Did you ever say what weapons the flagship has? I can't find anything.

30 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Did you ever say what weapons the flagship has? I can't find anything.

weapons: 2 forward mounted twin heavy ion canons [fire arc forward, port, starboard, Damage: 7 Critical Hit 4, range [medium], Ion, linked 1, slow firing 1]; 1 port dorsal and 1 port ventral twin light turbolaser [Fire arc: port, Damage: 9 Critical Hit 3, range [medium], Breach 2, linked 1, slow firing 1]; 1 starboard dorsal and 1 port ventral twin light turbolaser [Fire arc: starboard, Damage: 9 Cri tical Hit 3, range [medium], Breach 2, linked 1, slow firing 1]; 1 dorsal turret mounted heavy tractor beam projector [ Fire arc: all , Damage: - Critical Hit - , range [short], tractor 6]

Modified advanced targeting array : when firing the ship's weapons upgrade the gunnery check twice . All weapons have the innate talent Sniper Shot. This occupies one of the ship's HP

I would like to disable both of the turbolasers on the side that is facing the Intrepid (whichever side that is). I'll post IC either tonight or tomorrow morning.

6 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I would like to disable both of the turbolasers on the side that is facing the Intrepid (whichever side that is). I'll post IC either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Just keep in mind that those lasers are slow firing, so it’s the ones on the other side you’ll need to worry about next! The Intrepid initiated a spin to escape the tractor beam, and the pirate ship matched it at first, though they have now separated. Both ships are moving now, at Speed 1, so the flagship will likely to bring its portside cannons to bear this round. Pirate ship = flagship = Renegades’ Blood, for clarity; sorry if I keep referring to the same vessel in different ways. The Sorority only has a single capital ship invested here, along with two fighters (one badly damaged).

Oh missed that when I read those, I'll disable the other ones then.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:47 AM, Edgehawk said:
On 2/17/2020 at 8:11 AM, Edgehawk said:
  • Fourth Brother Drogos @Shlambate 3s,2a
  • IPD Intrepid 3s,0a,1t Defense 2,2,2,1
  • Lt. Ral Somar @bsmith23 2s,2a
  • Sgt.Major Garand Hale @P-47 Thunderbolt 2s,1a
  • (Banshee Squad)
  • Wpns.Sgt. Den Luks @Rabobankrider 2s,0a
  • Porel Vakra (Venlana’s Lt) 1s, 4a Adversary 1, Dodge 1
  • Dr. Evon Taltron @Rimsen 1s,3a
  • Baroness Venlana Sipal 1s,2a Adversary 2
  • Cutlass-9 fighters (x2) 1s,2a Defense 1

Okay. Everyone left on the lineup above is up! The PQ has been placed aboard the task force’s shuttle. Venlana’s two guards are basically standing by, the one on the bridge actively protecting his charge. I’ll sort the Intrepid’s attack tonight or tomorrow morning.

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

Okay. Everyone left on the lineup above is up! The PQ has been placed aboard the task force’s shuttle. Venlana’s two guards are basically standing by, the one on the bridge actively protecting his charge. I’ll sort the Intrepid’s attack tonight or tomorrow morning.

What's my range to the Queensguard?

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

What's my range to the Queensguard?

If it was Medium last round, it would be Short now (they have moved forward).

Just now, Edgehawk said:

If it was Medium last round, it would be Short now (they have moved forward).

*Rubbing hands in anticipation*
*Instantly regretting it because I know I've jinxed myself*

Average, Upgraded once for Adversary, with a Setback for defense, correct?

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

*Rubbing hands in anticipation*
*Instantly regretting it because I know I've jinxed myself*

Average, Upgraded once for Adversary, with a Setback for defense, correct?

Looks good!

Maneuver: Prepare
Action: Miss everything (flipping DP to upgrade): Take 'em All Down! : 3eP+1eA+1eC+1eD+1eS 3 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s.png p-s-s.png a-s-s.png c-f-f.png d-th.png s-f.png

Wow! I take a Strain for the Threat because I was so shocked that I gave myself whiplash.

15 Damage, and I'll use the Triumph to get a second hit.

Are they Rivals or Minions? If they are Rivals, I'd like to hit two of them. If they are Minions, I'd like to hit both groups once.

@Edgehawk what would happen should I exit their Line of sight going toward the ships engines?

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Are they Rivals or Minions? If they are Rivals, I'd like to hit two of them. If they are Minions, I'd like to hit both groups once.

They are rivals, but I grouped them like minions. If you attack the group that already lost a member, you can take the wounded one out of the fight, and wound the last one. The other group of three is untouched, and damage past soak would be just shy of taking one down.

4 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk what would happen should I exit their Line of sight going toward the ships engines?

You're not sure!

What's the situation around Drogos?

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

They are rivals, but I grouped them like minions. If you attack the group that already lost a member, you can take the wounded one out of the fight, and wound the last one. The other group of three is untouched, and damage past soak would be just shy of taking one down.

Nice to see someone using Minvals. I had talked about them a while ago, but never had a chance to try it out. Glad it's not just me! :D

I'll land a hit on each then. I'll go ahead and post IC.

17 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

and I'll use the Triumph to get a second hit.

Oh! Okay, you can finish off the one group with that second hit! That leaves the other group of three untouched.

or... You can attack the untouched squad, taking one down and wounding another (leaving two groups of two, with one wounded each).

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

What's the situation around Drogos?

You are on the lower deck of the yacht, in a foyer of sorts, with a spiral stair leading up to the upper level. Logan is not quite Engaged, but very near. I believe Val and Evon are about? The Droid is still on the stair, having stopped a few steps short of the bottom. Above, you assume the Baroness, her Twi’lek assistant, the other crimson guard. Forward, a ramp leads down and out to the hangar.

Edited by Edgehawk
Forward, not aft

Where is the Engines from here?

5 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Where is the Engines from here?

Can you access the Libertine cross-section on discord?

46 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Aft, a ramp leads down and out to the hangar.

This should be Forward, not Aft, sorry (edited in above post).

Whaddya all think, do I need to do something with the cruisers or just keep showing the fighters who's boss?

I believe Val is engaged with Logan right now. Just for reference

1 hour ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

I believe Val is engaged with Logan right now. Just for reference

I edited the IC to reflect Logan regaining a little personal space. The guards aren’t acting this round, due to the uncertainty in the events unfolding. He is not assuming a guarded stance, just keeping you at arm’s length.

@Edgehawk are the fighters still up?

I can see the art in Discord, I still don’t understand where I am?

I was at the yachts ramp, treating the wounded, but as the troopers brought the PQ aboard the Stormcrow, Evon follows them with his eye. I believe 1 of them is still alive, right on the deck, under fire.