Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

7 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Val also inflicted 3 Wounds past soak... Crap! And an Agonizing Wound crit, meaning the PQ has actually suffered 3 crits, not two as I previously asserted. I'll let you keep the current crit (gives pq a Setback to next check), but also the additional +10 "discouraging wound," which will effectively flip your spent destiny point back to the players (the effect - not actually an additional fourth crit).

Evon also inflicted 1 Strain past soak, with the eye crit (and the PQ Strained herself in a Force Check despair).

**** That Crit would have been the Stagger then. as it would be 32 not 22

27 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

**** That Crit would have been the Stagger then. as it would be 32 not 22

Okay. Effective immediately, PQ is Staggered, through the end of next round.

With the Pirate Queen unable to either Act or Maneuver, Drogos may narrate her capture or execution as you see fit. @Shlambate

I'm going to do the valuable facts action. Using Warfare, since it seems the most applicable here.

Valuable Facts (Warfare) : 2eP+2eA+2eD 3 successes
p-a.png p-s-s.png a-s-s.png a-a.png d-f.png d-th-th.png

Oh, did the rest of the Stormtroopers in our shuttle come out at any point so far, or are they still in the shuttle? Also, where are the new pirates in relation to the yacht, our shuttle, and the stairs?

Three stormtroopers from Banshee Squad are just outside the task force’s shuttle, while the pilot remains at his station. There are also two squads of 4 troopers each available (1 ranged, 1 Melee, both in armored). The Pirate boarding party is Long range from yacht and shuttle, medium from stairs. 6 saboteurs and 6 elite guards.

I'm going to head towards the stairs, I don't know how far I can get this round. But, since the Inquisitor seems to have handled the Pirate Queen I'll take the ranged squad of stormtroopers with me, unless someone has an idea for them.

@Edgehawk , it's fine if the answer is no, but is there any way for Hale to recover some Strain? Any more and he's out.

If not, I'll just have to hope for a lot of Advantage on my next check.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Edgehawk , it's fine if the answer is no, but is there any way for Hale to recover some Strain? Any more and he's out.

If not, I'll just have to hope for a lot of Advantage on my next check.

You can roll for Strain recovery, but that will be it for this turn. I think it is cinematic, ducking behind something and taking a quick breather.

This goes for anyone. If anyone wants to forgo Maneuver(s)/Action to recover Strain, go ahead. That will be your character’s turn, however. For now, I will limit this to once per character, per encounter.

11 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

You can roll for Strain recovery, but that will be it for this turn. I think it is cinematic, ducking behind something and taking a quick breather.

Thanks!

Simple Cool/Discipline? Any difficulty or Setback?

6 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Thanks!

Simple Cool/Discipline? Any difficulty or Setback?

Simple! No opposing dice.

Watch me get all blanks: Strain Recovery (Discipline) : 1eP+2eA 1 success, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png a--.png a-a.png

Well, better than nothing. I'll take it! :)

On 2/17/2020 at 8:11 AM, Edgehawk said:

Here’s the lineup for the remainder of the turn. Against all odds, the captain beat tractor 6 with his modest die pool, so the ship is free. For the 4 Threat he generated, I’m giving the pirate cruiser 2 free maneuvers to temporarily match speed and spin.

6 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Here’s the lineup for the remainder of the turn. Against all odds, the captain beat tractor 6 with his modest die pool, so the ship is free. For the 4 Threat he generated, I’m giving the pirate cruiser 2 free maneuvers to temporarily match speed and spin.

Where are the Banshees in relation to us? I'm pretty lost on the layout.

On 4/20/2019 at 3:38 PM, Edgehawk said:

ADZ-Class Patrol Destroyer IPD Intrepid https://www.pinterest.com/pin/269371621448067365/

The Banshees are in the main hangar, not far from you. The yacht is portside, shuttle starboard. Boarding party is approaching from the aft bay, where the transport is secured.

3 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

The Banshees are in the main hangar, not far from you. The yacht is portside, shuttle starboard. Boarding party is approaching from the aft bay, where the transport is secured.

Alright, if I'm reading this right, we're all in the same room. The boarders are on the mid deck, at long range.

47 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Alright, if I'm reading this right, we're all in the same room. The boarders are on the mid deck, at long range.

Boarding party in the adjacent Hangar Bay. You're in the main.

7 minutes ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

Boarding party in the adjacent Hangar Bay. You're in the main.

This. Very limited line of sight into the aft bay, so 2 Setback for cover until they emerge.

3 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

This. Very limited line of sight into the aft bay, so 2 Setback for cover until they emerge.

Oh, I didn't realize we already had line of sight (I'm sorry for being so befuddled on this). In that case, can I have Banshee quad take a Maneuver forward and fire? Would they still be at Long range, or would that put them in Medium?

Are any of the opponents minions? I assume the elite guards are all Rivals with Adversary 1.

9 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Oh, I didn't realize we already had line of sight (I'm sorry for being so befuddled on this). In that case, can I have Banshee quad take a Maneuver forward and fire? Would they still be at Long range, or would that put them in Medium?

Are any of the opponents minions? I assume the elite guards are all Rivals with Adversary 1.

I’m giving line of sight now, because ship actions have motivated the queensguard to exit the aft bay with more haste, and less strategy (the hatch has been blown away, so if the boarding tube goes, decompression will occur). Originally they were flanking the doorway, but they are now preparing a more direct egress into the main hangar. They do still have cover, though, until they make their move next turn. I’ll sort the troops moving forward and attacking sometime today.

Edited by Edgehawk
10 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Sorry, yes. Adversary 1, Defense 1.

I’ll note it on the initiative roster.

@bsmith23 Ral sees the fighter before it disappears into hyperspace. It is definitely some sort of TIE prototype, the kind reserved for test pilots, sometimes inquisitors or top-tier imperial agents.

You suspect a lot of the tech may be similar to yours, and that the initial jump was one of desperation- just the first one available with a reasonable chance of success. Using their approximate heading, Ral might be able to follow their first jump (Hard Astrogation with a Setback, 3eD+1eS); following subsequent jumps would be opposed Astrogation versus the astromech, however (no easy task, 1eD+3eC).

This would require leaving the Intrepid undefended though, so it’s a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

@bsmith23 Ral sees the fighter before it disappears into hyperspace. It is definitely some sort of TIE prototype, the kind reserved for test pilots, sometimes inquisitors or top-tier imperial agents.

You suspect a lot of the tech may be similar to yours, and that the initial jump was one of desperation- just the first one available with a reasonable chance of success. Using their approximate heading, Ral might be able to follow their first jump (Hard Astrogation with a Setback, 3eD+1eS); following subsequent jumps would be opposed Astrogation versus the astromech, however (no easy task, 1eD+3eC).

This would require leaving the Intrepid undefended though, so it’s a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.

Plus, I don't think I've had time to repair the Navicomputer from the encounter with the droids yet.

@Edgehawk , if Den is following orders how long would it take for him to reach the others from the gunnery area?

Banshees: Shooting at the Saboteurs : 2eP+1eA+2eD+2eS 3 successes, 1 threat
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png a-s.png d--.png d-th.png s-th.png s-th.png

I rolled for Medium range. If they are at Long, I'll add a Difficulty.

As it stands, that's 13 damage and 1 Threat.

32 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Banshees: Shooting at the Saboteurs : 2eP+1eA+2eD+2eS 3 successes, 1 threat
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png a-s.png d--.png d-th.png s-th.png s-th.png

I rolled for Medium range. If they are at Long, I'll add a Difficulty.

As it stands, that's 13 damage and 1 Threat.

Being Z-6 user in another game on this forum myself you need to add a difficulty anyway as the Rotary cannon has the tag Autofire Only