Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Also also what can I do with the Triumph.

Where exactly am I in relation to everything? I was at Medium range from the queen before she skedaddled into the ship (I doubt the Z-6 is a good choice in that situation :( ), and I think I was at Short range from the stairs. The starfighter isn't in sight range, is it?

14 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Where exactly am I in relation to everything? I was at Medium range from the queen before she skedaddled into the ship (I doubt the Z-6 is a good choice in that situation :( ), and I think I was at Short range from the stairs. The starfighter isn't in sight range, is it?

Hmm.. She is probably still Medium range, though probably a bit closer than she was. Starfighter is out of sight, above and forward, inside an enclosed channel specifically designed for launching fighters.

34 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Also also what can I do with the Triumph.

I’m open to your ideas.

If I use Brawl, will the attack be upgraded for the nearby allies? You said that Melee is upgraded, but the wrist blades are technically Melee, even though they are much less indiscriminate.

If the Wrist Blades (trying to use them with Ensnare) would be upgraded, I think I'll either use a stun grenade or Brawl.

As for the stun grenade, would it be upgraded? I wouldn't exactly be trying to miss the Imps.

It’s like a mosh pit in there, so I would upgrade the wrist blades. Stun grenade would work, with no further upgrades beyond Adversary 2 (but some hostages will also be effected). @P-47 Thunderbolt

Edited by Edgehawk
1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

It’s like a mosh pit in there, so I would upgrade the wrist blades. Stun grenade would work, with no further upgrades beyond Adversary 2 (but some hostages will also be effected). @P-47 Thunderbolt

I didn't realize just how crowded it really was! :D

Stun Grenade it is then (they'll sleep it off ;) ).

Maneuver: Move to Short
Second Maneuver (2 Strain): Drawn Stun Grenade
Action: Miss completely: Grenade Out! : 1eP+2eA+1eC+1eD 2 failures, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png a-a.png a--.png c-f-th.png d-f-f.png

Seriously..? I'll recover a Strain.

@Edgehawk I can’t crit can I? I technically did damage?

16 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk I can’t crit can I? I technically did damage?

I think a Crit is reasonable.

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

I think a Crit is reasonable.

Cool how many has she suffered?

5 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Cool how many has she suffered?

Just the eye.

Crit : 1d100+10 22

What’d she get? Away from book.

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

Crit : 1d100+10 22

What’d she get? Away from book.

Me too. Also afb.

Easy, Off-Balance: Add Setback to character's next skill check.

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Easy, Off-Balance: Add Setback to character's next skill check.

(I stand corrected, below).

Edited by Edgehawk
19 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Actually, as this is her 2nd Crit, it would be 22 +10 (31-35, easy, Stunned: staggered until end of next turn); not her day, indeed. @Shlambate

He rolled a d100+10, so it was already factored in.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
17 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

He rolled a d100+10, so it was already factored in.

Dang migraines...

@Edgehawk , just to check, how far are the guns that gunners ere told to head to?

17 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , just to check, how far are the guns that gunners ere told to head to?

Medium range. There is access to two turret-mounted light ion cannons on either side of the main deck (you are on the main deck, amidships).

@Rabobankrider @bsmith23 You guys are up. To Den’s knowledge, he is the only imperial able to reach a gunnery station this turn. The fighter has not exited from the Intrepid’s forward launch just yet, but there are two Sorority fighters standing off at Short range, with concussion missiles armed and targeting the Intrepid.

Weapons on both the Intrepid and Phantom are limited to Close range, but Ral could fly closer to fire. Den obviously does not have control of the helm, but the turret station has systems to “spoof missiles” (not really drop flares, but defensive measures in place which could help disrupt tracking systems to the same effect).

Lastly, the light cruiser lurking beneath the Intrepid appears to be powering up its heavy ion cannons.

I'm going to take care of the fighters first. I'm guessing the shields and armor are too tough to crack on the cruisers...

1 hour ago, bsmith23 said:

I'm going to take care of the fighters first. I'm guessing the shields and armor are too tough to crack on the cruisers...

The fighters would certainly be quicker and easier, though the cruiser would not be impervious. It meets the description of the Pirate Queen’s flagship, called Renegades’ Blood , and painted the deep red color of dried blood. It is a Corellian light cruiser, with Armor and Defense probably nearly on par with that of the destroyer. It is Silhouette 5, so Easy for a fighter to attack (and Hard for it to return fire).

edit to add: the 2 Sorority Cutlass-9 Patrol Fighters are Defense 1. @bsmith23

Edited by Edgehawk

All right, ya talked me into it.

So, a maneuver to aim, action fire on cruiser aft region, then 2 system strain for 2nd maneuver to give the Cutlasses a harder time going after me, which is what I'd assume they'd do. I'll use High-G Training to split the SS between me and the ship.

Attacking the Cruiser : 1eA+2eP+1eB+1eD+1eS 2 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph
a-s-a.png p-tr.png p-s-a.png b-a-a.png d-f.png s-th.png

NICE!

Spend 2 advantage to activate Linked once (16 damage before armor), 1 advantage to recover 1 strain, rolling crit.

: 1d100 19

Losing power to shields: Decrease affected defense zone by one.

Edited by bsmith23
Spelling, damage calculation fix
17 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

1 Triumph

Do you have something in mind for this, or should I make a narrative suggestion?

The ship blows up