Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Alright so two maneuvers?

3 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Alright so two maneuvers?

Yes.

Before I Roll do I have any boosts going in?

4 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Before I Roll do I have any boosts going in?

I don’t think so, but you can take Val’s Setback if you want. 😜

I’ll pass.

: 1eP+3eA+2eC+2eD+2eF 3 failures, 1 advantage, 1 Despair, 2 Dark Side
p-s.png a-s-a.png a-a.png a-a.png c-d.png c-f-f.png d-th-th.png d-f-f.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Oh well

You get a migraine.

4 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

You get a migraine.

Nice

@Imperial Stormtrooper For your Triumph, I was going to Upgrade the astromech’s computers check, but I could also see it as turning it into an opposed check. Would you prefer that?

So how much strain is this migraine?

25 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

So how much strain is this migraine?

None, but the PQ is free.

Well that’s given from the not targeting her again.

1 minute ago, Shlambate said:

Well that’s given from the not targeting her again.

She has a 2nd Action at the bottom of the round that she will also be able to Maneuver on, now.

I wouldn’t have been able to prevent that unless I rolled another check, I don’t have the FD or the ability to sustain the power after one successful check.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

@Imperial Stormtrooper For your Triumph, I was going to Upgrade the astromech’s computers check, but I could also see it as turning it into an opposed check. Would you prefer that?

I would prefer the opposed check.

She's free! 😧

10 hours ago, Shlambate said:

I wouldn’t have been able to prevent that unless I rolled another check, I don’t have the FD or the ability to sustain the power after one successful check.

The wording is “until the end of the user’s next turn,” which I have always interpreted as the end of (everybody’s) next turn.. but I could be wrong? In my mind, the PQ would have been Immobilized until the very end of this turn, the one following the use of Bind- So she would have been unable to act (edit: unable to Maneuver) , really, until the start of next turn.

I am going to stick with this interpretation for now, but am willing to revisit it in future (after this scene), as this timing could also impact duration of effects on PCs. I know it only buys the PQ maneuvers for a single action, in this instance, but it could make a difference in her outcome at this point.

Go ahead and narrate your turn, maybe using the shift in your focus as allowing the PQ’s Bind to relax.

Edited by Edgehawk
2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

The wording is “until the end of the user’s next turn,” which I have always interpreted as the end of (everybody’s) next turn.. but I could be wrong? In my mind, the PQ would have been Immobilized until the very end of this turn, the one following the use of Bind- So she would have been unable to act (edit: unable to Maneuver) , really, until the start of next turn.

I am going to stick with this interpretation for now, but am willing to revisit it in future (after this scene), as this timing could also impact duration of effects on PCs. I know it only buys the PQ maneuvers for a single action, in this instance, but it could make a difference in her outcome at this point.

Go ahead and narrate your turn, maybe using the shift in your focus as allowing the PQ’s Bind to relax.

That is not how I read it, as I would interpret my turns as between my initiative slots not the end of the last slot in the turn.

Either way it is your game and your ruling will stand good to know for future reference.

I have class tonight, but probably can post after it.

4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

I think bind, as long as kept up and not interrupted by anything, stays until the end of the users next turn. So the Inquisitor would have bind going for a whole round. The only time she would be free is unless he doesn't continue it on his next go, by choice or failure, or is somehow interrupted in the interim. Or if on her turn she breaks free somehow.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:07 AM, Edgehawk said:
  • Lt. Ral Somar @bsmith23 2s,2a
  • Sgt.Major Garand Hale @P-47 Thunderbolt (has already Acted)
  • Wpns.Sgt. Den Luks @Rabobankrider 2s,0a
  • Bridge Pirates (x3) 1s,4a (have already Acted)
  • Dr. Evon Taltron @Rimsen 1s,3a
  • Baroness Venlana Sipal 1s,2a Adversary 2
  • Lounge Pirates (x4) 2nd group 1s,2a
  • Cutlass-9 fighters (x2) 1s,2a (coerced into standing down until the end of this turn)
  • Pirate Queen (2nd Action) Adversary 2, Defense 1 (no longer Bound)!
  • Pirate Queen (top of the next round)

Lineup for the remainder of this round, edited to show actions taken and current conditions.

What is the range between me and the PQ? It's still medium, right? It seems like I can't do much to stop the fleeing fighter. If it's true, I switch to stun setting close the range and shoot the queen.

1 hour ago, Rimsen said:

What is the range between me and the PQ? It's still medium, right? It seems like I can't do much to stop the fleeing fighter. If it's true, I switch to stun setting close the range and shoot the queen.

Correct. Stopping the fleeing fighter is likely beyond Evon’s control. Closing to Short range versus (Adversary 2, dp Upgrade, and Defense 1), opposing dice will be 2eC+1eS.

Unless he rolls two Trimuphs and miss somehow then he can by luck destroy the engines.

9 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Unless he rolls two Trimuphs and miss somehow then he can by luck destroy the engines.

There is no line-of-sight, and the fighter has effectively moved forward, on the next deck up. It would take a force leap, flight, or ascension gear to follow up into the launch tube (essentially just a runway for silhouette 3 or smaller ships to launch out the front).

edit: There are forward compartments on the lower deck, which would be directly beneath the launch tube.

Edited by Edgehawk