Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

If you immobilize the droid, the droid can't make piloting maneuvers.

As far as opposing the check, I guess it should probably still be Discipline. I am also rather disinclined to use Bind on droids, but from what I've read on the forum, it is RAW.

A possible alternative would be athletics, but stat-wise, I don't think it would change anything.

1 minute ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

There's one pirate left near the stairs right? Can I order them to pick up the blasters and fire on the last pirate?

Den took out that last pirate.

Ah, ok. Can they pick up the blasters then if they are in range of the pirate queen fire, and if not move to get into range?

8 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Ah, ok. Can they pick up the blasters then if they are in range of the pirate queen fire, and if not move to get into range?

Yes. They can move to Medium and fire at the PQ.

@Imperial Stormtrooper The troopers were unsuccessful in their attack, but there is an Advantage and also a Triumph to sort.

I can't think of anything better to do, so upgrade the next attack against the pirate queen, and pass on a boost.

I'll post IC soon.

They miss the Queen but instead they hit an explosive barrel which explodes naturally, on top of the barrel was some shrapnel which lodges into the fighter's engine immobilizing it.

54 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

If you immobilize the droid, the droid can't make piloting maneuvers.

Truth.

@Shlambate In the case of droids, I think I am going to oppose the check with the skill relevant to what the droid would be trying to do. The droid actually has *no* way to sense or see a force attack like Bind coming, no way to willfully oppose it or dodge it... But for narrative purposes, this would work.

5 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

They miss the Queen but instead they hit an explosive barrel which explodes naturally, on top of the barrel was some shrapnel which lodges into the fighter's engine immobilizing it.

Damaging an item is a core book example of how to spend 2 Triumphs on a Successful attack.

48 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

I thought for sure you were going to say it gives the droid a migraine.

@CloudyLemonade92 The girl succeeded in an opposed Move check to yank your whip out of your hands, and throw it. It is now behind you on the deck, at Short range away. 2 Advantage to add a Setback to Val’s next check.

Okay, I'm sort of lost. Hale is at the bottom of the stairs, which I believe means he is in the hangar. Where is he in relation to opponents and allies?

12 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Okay, I'm sort of lost. Hale is at the bottom of the stairs, which I believe means he is in the hangar. Where is he in relation to opponents and allies?

Den, and the eight freed stormtroopers are near you, or have moved forward a bit to fire on the PQ. Briar is near the stairwell accessing a console.

Venlana, her guard and the bridge Pirates are just above in the main deck lounge- fighting a small group of PQ loyalists.

Drogos, Evon, and Val are fighting the PQ at the far forward end of the hangar; PQ is 3 Maneuvers away. The other crimson guard is indisposed on the deck, where his reflected noise grenade sent him last round.

Just past the PQ, out of sight now, the small fighter with the girl and droid has risen up somewhat- but not yet moved forward and out of the ship.

Ral is in his fighter outside, along with a couple sorority fighters, and the cruiser beneath.

Edited by Edgehawk

If I take one Move maneuver, then the Pirate Queen is at Medium range, correct? You are still flipping a DP to upgrade by 1, correct? Difficulty for the Z-6 (Medium range and auto-fire) would be 3eC+1eS, correct?

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

If I take one Move maneuver, then the Pirate Queen is at Medium range, correct? You are still flipping a DP to upgrade by 1, correct? Difficulty for the Z-6 (Medium range and auto-fire) would be 3eC+1eS, correct?

Looks right!

27 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

@CloudyLemonade92 The girl succeeded in an opposed Move check to yank your whip out of your hands, and throw it. It is now behind you on the deck, at Short range away. 2 Advantage to add a Setback to Val’s next check.

Does taking it from my hand also drop its hold on the PQ, I'm guessing so, right?

2 minutes ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

Does taking it from my hand also drop its hold on the PQ, I'm guessing so, right?

Yes, but depending on Hale’s attack results, it might not matter.

8 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Wouldn't it be

2eC+1eD+1eS

or does auto fire make it a 3 difficulty shot?

Just now, CloudyLemonade92 said:

Wouldn't it be

2eC+1eD+1eS

or does auto fire make it a 3 difficulty shot?

You got it. Auto fire increases difficulty.

Hale's turn:

Maneuver: Move to Medium range
2nd Maneuver (2 Strain): Prepare
Action: Shooting at the Pirate Queen: Missing Everything and Overheating My Weapon : 3eP+3eC+1eS 1 failure, 2 advantage
p-a.png p-a.png p-s-s.png c-f.png c--.png c-f.png s-f.png

Phooey. Guess Hale's rusty from so much not shooting things. Could've been worse. I'll recover the two Strain from the Maneuver.

Sorry for the delay, here's my ic post for the attack.

13 hours ago, Edgehawk said:
On 1/30/2020 at 6:18 PM, Edgehawk said:

Initiative :

• Pirate Queen 5s,3a,1t Adversary 2, Defense 1
  • Agent Val Kaan @CloudyLemonade92 4s,4a
  • (4 stormtroopers-ranged)
  • Agent Briar Ostell @Imperial Stormtrooper 4s,2a
  • (4 stormtroopers-melee)
  • Crimson Guard (hangar) 4s,2a Adversary 1, Defense 1
  • Crimson Guard “Logan” 4s,1a Adversary 1, Defense 1
  • “Hettie” (the girl) 3s,3a Adversary 1
  • Fourth Brother Drogos @Shlambate 3s,2a
  • PQ’s astromech/fighter 3s,1a
  • Lt. Ral Somar @bsmith23 2s,2a
  • Sgt.Major Garand Hale @P-47 Thunderbolt 2s,1a
  • Wpns.Sgt. Den Luks @Rabobankrider 2s,0a
  • Bridge Pirates (x3) 1s,4a
  • Dr. Evon Taltron @Rimsen 1s,3a
  • Baroness Venlana Sipal 1s,2a Adversary 2
  • Lounge Pirates (x4) 2nd group 1s,2a
  • Cutlass-9 fighters (x2) 1s,2a
  • Pirate Queen (2nd Action) Adversary 2, Defense 1

@P-47 Thunderbolt has already Acted, but next up I need @Shlambate to go, after which I will sort the Astromech/fighter (followed by @bsmith23 @Rabobankrider and @Rimsen in any order).

Oops, sorry. I didn't realize the droid was ahead of me, so I thought we could go in any order like last time. Well, I didn't really affect anything, so there's that.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Oops, sorry. I didn't realize the droid was ahead of me, so I thought we could go in any order like last time. Well, I didn't really affect anything, so there's that.

No, it’s fine. I’m sticking with initiative order for this scene, excepting that adjacent PCs can go in any order, but I don’t think I came right out and stated as much.

Edited by Edgehawk

What’s the difficulty on The droid Bind? Do I need to move into range?

19 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

What’s the difficulty on The droid Bind? Do I need to move into range?

2eD+2eC.

I think Drogos is still Medium range from the PQ? He would need to move forward that distance- not Engaged to the PQ, but that far forward, to see the droid and fighter above in the launch tube. The map is on discord, if you need a visual.