Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

I'm thinking on buying the Stim Application (reflecting on my time spent analyzing Fitz's collar). @Shlambate Drogos would be happy, if Evon gives him +1 Willpower (or other characteristic) for the encounter or he would chop his head of for sticking a needle into him? :D

3 hours ago, Rimsen said:

I'm thinking on buying the Stim Application (reflecting on my time spent analyzing Fitz's collar). @Shlambate Drogos would be happy, if Evon gives him +1 Willpower (or other characteristic) for the encounter or he would chop his head of for sticking a needle into him? :D

+1 willpower please

He won’t kill you if you don’t surprise him, never surprise stab an inquisitor.

9 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

Weapons can't be fired while cloaked. I'll have to drop them and engage. I think I'm leaning towards taking them out, since no coerce ranks

I’d allow a combined Hard Coercion/Gunnery check w/ a Boost for surprise, to make the 2 fighters stand off until next round (Triumph for longer).

6 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

So what would be the difficulty to engage the ships?

Opposing dice for a gunnery attack will be 2 Difficulty + 1 Setback.

7 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Sorry for the delay, @Edgehawk I'll have Den run to engaged range and tackled the pirate with his knife (I lost track of the initiative order post so I'm guessing it's a standard check): Den Combat Check : 1eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a-a.png a-s.png d-f.png d-th.png So that would be 5 damage before soak, but if they're a minion I would like to activate a crit. If you're ok with that I'll put up the ic post.

Nice! The Pirate was a minion, so the Crit takes him down/out.

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

+1 willpower please

He won’t kill you if you don’t surprise him, never surprise stab an inquisitor.

I forgot that it also gives the user 4 strain. Still okay?

The girl did not act during her slot, so I’m flipping a destiny point to allow her to react to Drogos binding the Queen. @Shlambate The lightsaber is effectively sundered for the balance of this encounter, but both saber and crystal can be repaired (this will not be an issue).

Also, while everybody was shopping, I leveled-up the girl as well.

How would the Coercion/Gunnery combo work? 2G+2Y1G?

Edited by bsmith23
14 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

How would the Coercion/Gunnery combo work? 2G+2Y1G?

Make a standard Coercion check using Willpower, but you can Upgrade using your ranks in Gunnery. 2eP+1eB+3eD

5 hours ago, Rimsen said:

I forgot that it also gives the user 4 strain. Still okay?

Earlier in this fight yes, now probably not

Coerce with Gunnery : 2eP+1eB+3eD 1 success, 3 threat
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png b--.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png

So decloaking in front of them and issuing order, but...

You suffer a Migraine

21 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

So decloaking in front of them and issuing order, but...

The Sorority fighters back off for the moment, upon being surprised by the your ship and your demand. Phantom takes 1 System Strain for charging weapon systems rapidly after dropping from stealth. One of the fighters will get a Boost next round.

Whose turn is it now?

On 1/30/2020 at 6:18 PM, Edgehawk said:

Initiative :

• Pirate Queen 5s,3a,1t Adversary 2, Defense 1
  • Lounge Pirates (x5) 1st group 5s,2a
  • Agent Val Kaan @CloudyLemonade92 4s,4a
  • Agent Briar Ostell @Imperial Stormtrooper 4s,2a
  • Crimson Guard (hangar) 4s,2a Adversary 1, Defense 1
  • Crimson Guard “Logan” 4s,1a Adversary 1, Defense 1
  • “Hettie” (the girl) 3s,3a
  • Fourth Brother Drogos @Shlambate 3s,2a
  • Lt. Ral Somar @bsmith23 2s,2a
  • Sgt.Major Garand Hale @P-47 Thunderbolt 2s,1a
  • Wpns.Sgt. Den Luks @Rabobankrider 2s,0a
  • Bridge Pirates (x3) 1s,4a
  • Dr. Evon Taltron @Rimsen 1s,3a
  • Baroness Venlana Sipal 1s,2a Adversary 2
  • Lounge Pirates (x4) 2nd group 1s,2a
  • Pirate Queen (2nd Action) Adversary 2, Defense 1

Pirates, Evon, then more NPCs and we're back to the top of the order.

49 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Pirates, Evon, then more NPCs and we're back to the top of the order.

Indeed! Bridge Pirates failed Coercion vs. Lounge Pirates #2. @Rimsen You’re up! I failed to fully envision the necessary height of the lower deck hangar bay, so maybe narrate yourself doing something awesome like climbing onto the shuttle’s wing and sliding down?

edit to add: not reflected in the current roster quoted above, the girl has graduated to Adversary 1.

Edited by Edgehawk
Adversary

Got around to spending XP.

Picked up a rank in leadership, a rank in knowledge education, two ranks in negotiation, 3rd rank in computers, a second rank in the codebreaker talent, tactical combat training from the cadet tree, and encoded communique.

That's the 75 plus 5 I had saved up.

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

Since the Inquisitor wouldn't take 4 strain, I try the Stim Applicaton on myself to boost my Agility.

Stim Application : 2eP+2eA+2eD 2 failures, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png p--.png a-s.png a-a.png d-f-f.png d-f-f.png

So I failed the medicine check, maybe I can use the 2 advantage to take a maneuver (beside the default free maneuver)? Another maneuver to land next to Drogos.

46 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

Since the Inquisitor wouldn't take 4 strain, I try the Stim Applicaton on myself to boost my Agility.

Stim Application : 2eP+2eA+2eD 2 failures, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png p--.png a-s.png a-a.png d-f-f.png d-f-f.png

So I failed the medicine check, maybe I can use the 2 advantage to take a maneuver (beside the default free maneuver)? Another maneuver to land next to Drogos.

That’s fine.

It's getting interesting 😬

On 1/30/2020 at 6:18 PM, Edgehawk said:

Initiative :

• Pirate Queen 5s,3a,1t Adversary 2, Defense 1
  • Agent Val Kaan @CloudyLemonade92 4s,4a
  • (4 stormtroopers-ranged)
  • Agent Briar Ostell @Imperial Stormtrooper 4s,2a
  • (4 stormtroopers-melee)
  • Crimson Guard (hangar) 4s,2a Adversary 1, Defense 1
  • Crimson Guard “Logan” 4s,1a Adversary 1, Defense 1
  • “Hettie” (the girl) 3s,3a Adversary 1
  • Fourth Brother Drogos @Shlambate 3s,2a
  • PQ’s astromech/fighter 3s,1a
  • Lt. Ral Somar @bsmith23 2s,2a
  • Sgt.Major Garand Hale @P-47 Thunderbolt 2s,1a
  • Wpns.Sgt. Den Luks @Rabobankrider 2s,0a
  • Bridge Pirates (x3) 1s,4a
  • Dr. Evon Taltron @Rimsen 1s,3a
  • Baroness Venlana Sipal 1s,2a Adversary 2
  • Lounge Pirates (x4) 2nd group 1s,2a
  • Cutlass-9 fighters (x2) 1s,2a
  • Pirate Queen (2nd Action) Adversary 2, Defense 1

Okay! So Venlana’s silver tongue failed her, and she almost got skewered. The PQ moved the girl to relative safety (final Action of Round 1); though the fighter has not gotten away yet, it is now only visible from the farthest-forward position of the hangar (basically, where the PQ is).

PQ is still immobilized until the end of this new round, but takes Action both first (highest initiative slot) and last (2nd attack). For the opening Action of Round 2, her attempt to Strain (Influence) Drogos and Evon Failed w/Despair, and she stressed her own mind. Success would have taken the Inquisitor @Shlambate past threshold, so I took the liberty of flipping a light side point to Upgrade for a roll of such consequence. Until further notice, all incoming Checks versus the PQ will be Upgraded (via flipping dark destiny points). Val @CloudyLemonade92 and Briar @Imperial Stormtrooper , you are up, in any order. The group of pirates in the hangar has been subdued, but there is conflict near the stairwell (lounge) on the main deck. Also, of course, the PQ at the forward most part of the hangar (Long Range, but only a single Maneuver away from Medium).

Edited by Edgehawk
Added troopers

Can Val get to short range with two maneuvers?

1 minute ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

Can Val get to short range with two maneuvers?

Yes. Two Maneuvers can get you to Short range of PQ.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

PQ is still immobilized until the end of this new round, but takes Action both first (highest initiative slot) and last (2nd attack). For the opening Action of Round 2, her attempt to Strain (Influence) Drogos and Evon Failed w/Despair, and she stressed her own mind. Success would have taken the Inquisitor @Shlambate past threshold,

Just curious what did she roll against, My Discipline?

9 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Just curious what did she roll against, My Discipline?

Yes. It was an Influence (base power) attack vs both of you, but your Discipline was highest.

Any boosts to attack rolls as shes immobilized?

4 minutes ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

Any boosts to attack rolls as shes immobilized?

My understanding of the Immobilized condition is that she is only prevented from using Maneuvers. She is in the grip of the Inquisitor’s Bind, but not defenseless, which would require Mastery of the force power.