Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Ok Val will command them to open fire at the pirates and will spend 2 strain to move into engaged range. Then open up with a dual wield attack on the closest pirate.

Using the Frenzied Attack talent to upgrade the dice once and take 1 additional strain.

http://: 3eD+2eP+1eA 1 success d-f-th.png d--.png d-th.png p-a-a.png p-s.png a-s.png

So that's a total of 6 damage, 5 Pierce.

I'd like the Triumph from the previous Leadership check to give the Troopers a boost on their attacks if possible.

26 minutes ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

And this puts us in Medium range of the Pirate Queen or still long?

A little closer, but still Long. 3 Maneuvers, say.

Attack! : 2eA+3eP+1eB+1eD 2 successes, 5 advantage, 1 Triumph
a-a.png a-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-tr.png p--.png b-s-a.png d-f.png Okay, I just grouped all the troopers together, and used the most damaging ranged weapon. Val’s attack took one out, the troopers got another two, plus triumph to Crit removes a fourth... 1 left out of 5. Not bad! I added a Boost to their attack as requested, for your previous Triumph, but I also did not Upgeade for Val being Engaged this time.

On 1/30/2020 at 2:12 PM, Edgehawk said:
  • Bridge to stairwell = Medium
  • 02 deck down stairs to lower deck = 4 Maneuvers
  • 02 deck pole slide to lower deck = 2 Maneuvers edit to add: Hard Athletics
  • Crawl space back to Aft bay = 2 maneuvers

@Imperial Stormtrooper Make it 3 Maneuvers to take stairs down. 2 will put you on the main deck, 3 will get you all the way down to the hangar.

Ok, so two maneuvers gets me to the stairs on the bridge, then I can start down next turn?

1 hour ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Ok, so two maneuvers gets me to the stairs on the bridge, then I can start down next turn?

Yes. If you and/or @P-47 Thunderbolt want to flip a dp, I’ll let you slide down the pole without a check next round, arriving in the hangar ready to Act. Don’t worry, I’ll be flipping them back very shortly.

I'll take you up on that.

Den Vigilance Check : 2eA 2 successes
a-s.png a-s.png

On 1/30/2020 at 6:18 PM, Edgehawk said:

Initiative :

• Pirate Queen 5s,3a,1t Adversary 2, Defense 1
  • Lounge Pirates (x5) 1st group 5s,2a
  • Agent Val Kaan @CloudyLemonade92 4s,4a
  • Agent Briar Ostell @Imperial Stormtrooper 4s,2a
  • Crimson Guard (hangar) 4s,2a Adversary 1, Defense 1
  • Crimson Guard “Logan” 4s,1a Adversary 1, Defense 1
  • “Hettie” (the girl) 3s,3a
  • Fourth Brother Drogos @Shlambate 3s,2a
  • Lt. Ral Somar @bsmith23 2s,2a
  • Sgt.Major Garand Hale @P-47 Thunderbolt 2s,1a
  • Wpns.Sgt. Den Luks @Rabobankrider 2s,0a
  • Bridge Pirates (x3) 1s,4a
  • Dr. Evon Taltron @Rimsen 1s,3a
  • Baroness Venlana Sipal 1s,2a Adversary 2
  • Lounge Pirates (x4) 2nd group 1s,2a
  • Pirate Queen (2nd Action) Adversary 2, Defense 1

Okay. Venlana’s guard in the hangar tried to slow the Queen down, but rolled Despair. I flipped a DP for the noise grenade, but didn’t change the tally, as Hale is using one now to slide down to the lower deck. In no particular order, @Shlambate @bsmith23 @P-47 Thunderbolt @Rabobankrider are all up.

Well, I'm assuming I'm completely unaware of what's going on, so unless I get some kind of "signal"...

7 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Well, I'm assuming I'm completely unaware of what's going on, so unless I get some kind of "signal"...

If you want to act, the flash bang grenade in the hangar may have shown up on the Phantom’s passive sensors. That could be construed as a signal, since you don’t really know what it is supposed to be. Now is not the time for inaction!

Just to check with everyone, is this effectively a 'kill them all' scenario?

6 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Just to check with everyone, is this effectively a 'kill them all' scenario?

It’s a frekkin’ free-for-all, for sure. No communication. Venlana and Val are now known or at least suspected to be imperial actors, though other motives may be in play. Venlana’s crimson guards seem loyal to her, and she has swayed a few sorority pirates that were on the bridge. Other pirates are descending to fight in the hangar.

The Pirate Queen and girl are at the forward-most part of the hangar, and have just stopped at the launch bay (Long Range from Aft Bay/Stairwell).

Ok, so I think I will bring the TIEaround to the landing bay, still cloaked. Want to get a look at the situation.

58 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Ok, so I think I will bring the TIEaround to the landing bay, still cloaked. Want to get a look at the situation.

Okay. Venlana’s yacht can be seen berthed inside the port hangar bay, the task force’s shuttle occupies the starboard side bay. Both bays are currently open from their respective sides on the lower deck. There is also a smaller opening on the main deck, forward, where starfighters can take off from the launch pad below in the hangar (except that the theee TIEs are notably absent).

Both yacht and shuttle are Silhouette 4, and take up most of the available space, but an Average Piloting check with a Setback can secure a tight berth. Entering from the forward launch opening would also be an Average Piloting check, with a Setback to maneuver down to the launch pad.

edit to add: The light cruiser is still parked beneath the destroyer, with two patrol fighters flanking.

Edited by Edgehawk

Or someone could warn the Phantom to cover the exits in case the queen escapes ;)

So, about the pole. I can take 2 maneuvers to get to it, and then slide down as an action, right? Does that put me in the thick of things?

19 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

So, about the pole. I can take 2 maneuvers to get to it, and then slide down as an action, right? Does that put me in the thick of things?

Yes. That will get you to the base of the stairwell, facing into the hangar.

2 hours ago, Rimsen said:

Or someone could warn the Phantom to cover the exits in case the queen escapes ;)

Yeah, this is kinda what my intentions were, along with getting a view of the kerfuffle.

Who's next?

7 minutes ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

Who's next?

@Shlambate , @bsmith23 , and @Rabobankrider are up, in any order. Following their posts, it’s a minion group of Pirates, then @Rimsen .

@Edgehawk can I engage the PQ this turn?

10 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk can I engage the PQ this turn?

Unfortunately, no. If you moved forward in the crawl space previously, you are now over the hangar. 2 Maneuvers can open a hatch or cut through, then drop down, placing Drogos at Medium range from PQ. It would be close enough to attempt a social check, if you lack any ranged capability.

@Edgehawk , sorry, what range is Den coming into the fight at?

10 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , sorry, what range is Den coming into the fight at?

There is a single hostile pirate left near the stairwell at Short, and the Pirate Queen and girl at Long.