Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

15 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Hmm can I use the two advantage to slow him?

Edited IC to reflect this usage. Guard tripped, took strain (wounds) and only managed a brief shout. The alarm may or may not have alerted anyone, as yet.

@Rimsen You’re up! 2 Maneuvers can get you into the stairwell, with the remaining Weequay at Short range. Because of the layout, a single Maneuver would not get you in line-of-sight with the target.

edit: never mind, just saw IC.

@Shlambate @bsmith23 back to the top! After this round, we’ll probably hold off for a bit, let the other team catch up.

Edited by Edgehawk

@Edgehawk does the trip make him closer? Or is it still medium?

5 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk does the trip make him closer? Or is it still medium?

Still medium.

Lightsaber : 4eA+2eD 2 successes
a-s-a.png a-a.png a-s.png a-s.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

He’s dead.

Heading for the transport with Evon to identify and release.

59 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Heading for the transport with Evon to identify and release.

It is a standard Imperial Troop Transport. One of the compartments can serve as a holding cell, a not uncommon configuration. The Intrepid’s small complement of stormtroopers (eight) have been stripped down to their under armor, and are imprisoned within. It is easy enough to free them from the outside.

@Rabobankrider @Imperial Stormtrooper @P-47 Thunderbolt Hey, guys. The Phantom team has gotten ahead of you, so you have time to narrate your insertion attempt and/or landing. An insertion/breach will require some sort of roll, depending on how you go about it; landing in the hangar as instructed will be unopposed.

17 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

It is a standard Imperial Troop Transport. One of the compartments can serve as a holding cell, a not uncommon configuration. The Intrepid’s small complement of stormtroopers (eight) have been stripped down to their under armor, and are imprisoned within. It is easy enough to free them from the outside.

For when it's our turn again:when you say ITT, are we talking ground or air?

I'll let someone else take the lead on the narration.

@Rabobankrider Did you want to post something before we landed?

Also, who is piloting the shuttle right now?

6 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Also, who is piloting the shuttle right now?

I believe that would be Luks. He's got Piloting (Space).

Briar, Hale, and Luks are currently aboard the Stormcrow; also Porel, and the girl who stowed away.

The traitors could be imprisoned either on board the shuttle, or back in the crater.The rest of Banshee Squad could also be on board, meaning “Stark” could be piloting.

• "Griff" Engineering Sergeant
  • "Slowdive" Intelligence Sergeant
  • "Backbeat" Communications Sergeant
  • "Stark" Sgt. Castar Arkmeda, Combat Driver

Oh, I didn't realize they were able to come with us. (Now I wonder how I got that idea into my head?)

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Oh, I didn't realize they were able to come with us. (Now I wonder how I got that idea into my head?)

Briar was directed to disembark with only two guards, but that does not mean they could not be aboard the shuttle.

Just now, Edgehawk said:

Briar was directed to disembark with only two guards, but that does not mean they could not be aboard the shuttle.

Ah, thanks. I was wondering where my brain derailed. :P

Yes, sorry for the delay, it was mostly just tweaking the plan with the prisoners split and adding an aim to ideally take out the guns.

The two teams are caught up, time wise, with only the door separating the bays between them. There are two Weequay guards at the bottom of the stairwell, near the bay door. The aft bay team now has 2 squads of stormtroopers. 1 Squad is armed with knives or (subduer-9) riot blasters (narrate as either); other squad is unarmed. Range from the aft bay to stair guards is Medium; range to cover behind the yacht is Long; range to the Stormcrow, or the hostage exchange between the ships is also Long.

Do we know what's happening in the main hangar on the negotiations?

26 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

Do we know what's happening in the main hangar on the negotiations?

Not specifically, unless you are in communication with the negotiation team. You would hear the arrival of the shuttles, and maybe the voices of Venlana and Briar, but probably not make out conversational details with the door closed.
Edit to add: I kind of figured Drogos would have shut the door after kicking the head in, hearing all the activity in the stairwell just outside. If this is not the case, the new pair of guards will likely investigate. @Rimsen @Shlambate

Edited by Edgehawk

If he takes the Strain, can Hale be considered to be performing the Body Guard Maneuver on Agent Ostell? (1 upgrade in difficulty on attacks targeting her)

15 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

If he takes the Strain, can Hale be considered to be performing the Body Guard Maneuver on Agent Ostell? (1 upgrade in difficulty on attacks targeting her)

Sure!

5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Not specifically, unless you are in communication with the negotiation team. You would hear the arrival of the shuttles, and maybe the voices of Venlana and Briar, but probably not make out conversational details with the door closed.
Edit to add: I kind of figured Drogos would have shut the door after kicking the head in, hearing all the activity in the stairwell just outside. If this is not the case, the new pair of guards will likely investigate. @Rimsen @Shlambate

Evon went after Somar to check the transport, so it's really up to Drogos.

Edited by Rimsen