Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

6 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'd like to take 2 Maneuvers to engage Fitz and try to tackle him, preferably knocking the pistol out of his hand.

Go ahead! 3 Advantages or a Triumph to disarm. Edit to add: Adversary 1 @P-47 Thunderbolt

Edited by Edgehawk

Tackling Fitzy : 2eP+2eA+1eC+1eD 3 successes, 2 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s-s.png a-a.png a-s-s.png c-f.png d-th.png

Aw, close.

Do I get him on the ground?

43 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Do I get him on the ground?

Generally 3 Advantage/Threat to knock/fall prone, I think? You can give him a setback or rob him of a maneuver, narrate as knocking him off balance or pinning him against the rock. Unless you can point me to a brawl-specific advantage/threat chart for some other ideas?

Just now, Edgehawk said:

Generally 3 Advantage/Threat to knock/fall prone, I think? You can give him a setback or rob him of a maneuver, narrate as knocking him off balance or pinning him against the rock. Unless you can point me to a brawl-specific advantage/threat chart for some other ideas?

There isn't one, unfortunately (at least as far as I know). I really wished they'd fleshed out Brawl more.

Can we treat it like triggering Ensnare (with a rating equal to how long I want to hang on to him)? 2 Advantage is the typical expenditure for Ensnare.

Actually, Knockdown is a quality inherent to Brawl checks. The talent allows expenditure of Triumph, but the quality actually only takes 2 Advantage, so I'll take that option since it was my stated goal. That said, can we consider an option to add the Ensnare quality to Brawl checks for attempts to restrain? Perhaps making it an Opposed check?

You mentioned that I could start with a Free Maneuver. Is that in addition to the Free Maneuver I get on my turn, or was that my Free Maneuver from my turn? I need to know whether I take any Strain.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You mentioned that I could start with a Free Maneuver. Is that in addition to the Free Maneuver I get on my turn, or was that my Free Maneuver from my turn? I need to know whether I take any Strain.

No strain. A portion of the Threat Fitz generated granted you an immediate free maneuver.

Where's Fitz in the lineup?

@bsmith23 Phantom got harpooned! The airspeeder is tethered, and circling in toward you. You need to make a Hard Piloting check (vs Tractor 3) or suffer a collision (roll Crit).

@Rabobankrider Yours missed.

@P-47 Thunderbolt @Shlambate @Rimsen The girl runs back into the boulders, away from all of you.

@Imperial Stormtrooper Don’t forget you have a Triumph or Despair left to distribute during this encounter.

On 12/13/2019 at 11:49 AM, Edgehawk said:

@bsmith23 You’re up, hotshot, as the rest of the PCs have acted for this round. T-47s have broken squad formation.
@Shlambate You may put up a response post to @Rimsen ’s, but further actions will wait for next round.

How far we are from Fitz? In case I can reach him, I'd like to pull a double-dose anesthetic syringe (ECRB p172 - spend a DP so I have it on me - as a doctor I don't think it's too far fetched) and move to Fitz. Next round I can inject it to knock him out, but I can't take 3 manouvers.

@Edgehawk kudos for the TopGun reference, made my day :D

10 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

How far we are from Fitz? In case I can reach him, I'd like to pull a double-dose anesthetic syringe (ECRB p172 - spend a DP so I have it on me - as a doctor I don't think it's too far fetched) and move to Fitz. Next round I can inject it to knock him out, but I can't take 3 manouvers.

You can flip a dp for that, and get close to Fitz this round, but administering a shot to him while he’s grappling with Hale will not be easy. You can use your ranks in Medicine to Upgrade, but it will be a Brawl-based attack versus Adversary 1 and another Upgrade for Hale being engaged... finding an appropriate spot through a gap in his armor will require an Aimed shot, which will apply 1 Setback if you suffer the Strain to Aim twice next round (or 2 Setbacks if you only use 1 Aim maneuver)... Looks like 2 Proficiency vs. 2 Challenge + 1 Setback, maybe?

I like the idea, but there’s no way this would be an easy thing to pull off. It is very likely that Hale could pin/ensnare Fitz this round or otherwise provide some Boosts.

28 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

@Edgehawk kudos for the TopGun reference, made my day :D

Glad you liked it. I try not to make too many out-of-setting references, but couldn’t resist.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

You can flip a dp for that, and get close to Fitz this round, but administering a shot to him while he’s grappling with Hale will not be easy. You can use your ranks in Medicine to Upgrade, but it will be a Brawl-based attack versus Adversary 1 and another Upgrade for Hale being engaged... finding an appropriate spot through a gap in his armor will require an Aimed shot, which will apply 1 Setback if you suffer the Strain to Aim twice next round (or 2 Setbacks if you only use 1 Aim maneuver)... Looks like 2 Proficiency vs. 2 Challenge + 1 Setback, maybe?

I like the idea, but there’s no way this would be an easy thing to pull off. It is very likely that Hale could pin/ensnare Fitz this round or otherwise provide some Boosts.

Glad you liked it. I try not to make too many out-of-setting references, but couldn’t resist.

I was kinda thinking that Hale ensnaring him lets me do it as a maneuver, as he is hold tight, but okay :D Next turn we'll see how it turns out!

What can I see from where I am right now, and how far away is the scuffle? Also, did I hear the scream?

2 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

What can I see from where I am right now, and how far away is the scuffle? Also, did I hear the scream?

You’re not far. You heard the scream, and could get to the vicinity this round.

I’m back had an office Christmas party followed by a Christmas bowling party for the community service I do.

@Edgehawk is it Drogos’ turn?

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

You’re not far. You heard the scream, and could get to the vicinity this round.

I'll do that, how many maneuvers will it take to get there?

2 hours ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk is it Drogos’ turn?

You can go in any order. Last NPC is at the bottom of the initiative roster

2 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I'll do that, how many maneuvers will it take to get there?

2 maneuvers.

I'll suffer two strain to take a second maneuver. I don't think that I know anything about Fitzsimmons coming back, and have only seen the youngling from a distance? I think I'll make a perception check to look around and see if there's anyone else besides the person that appears to be Fitzsimmons or where the youngling is, what difficulty will that be?

What does he see near him?

12 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I'll suffer two strain to take a second maneuver. I don't think that I know anything about Fitzsimmons coming back, and have only seen the youngling from a distance? I think I'll make a perception check to look around and see if there's anyone else besides the person that appears to be Fitzsimmons or where the youngling is, what difficulty will that be?

The Hale/Fitz scuffle is not too hard to locate (grunting, armor clanking, shots fired), but you can roll an Average Perception check with just 1 Setback for Darkness/ flickering shadows. One of the T-47s that went down in flames is shedding some light on the situation from atop the boulder it crashed into.

7 hours ago, Shlambate said:

What does he see near him?

There is a tank commander (distinctive armor), presumably Fitz, grappling with Hale. The Interrogator has rushed in to close with them, as well. You may make the same check as Briar (above ^) to notice the girl (who is fleeing), or something else.

Well I would assume that shuld Briar Succeed she would tell the group that the girl is fleeing so I will await the result of the check before doing anything on my part.

Here we go,

Perception : 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 threat
p-s.png p-s.png a-s.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png s--.png

Well, looks like my luck has run out too. Take the threat as strain?

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper
4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

There is a tank commander (distinctive armor), presumably Fitz, grappling with Hale. The Interrogator has rushed in to close with them, as well.

Okay, @Imperial Stormtrooper , so this is pretty much all you notice. Just take a Strain for the Threat. @Shlambate You may also attempt the check, try something else, or just act on what you do see.

Perception : 2eA+2eD+1eS 0 successes
a--.png a-s.png d--.png d-f.png s--.png

Well poop