Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Athletics check: Athletics : 1eP+3eA+3eD 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s-s.png a-s.png a-a.png a-a.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-th.png

I'm assuming that 1 Threat equals 1 Strain.

If possible, I'd like to take 1 Maneuver to get up and 1 Maneuver to move closer to the kid for 2 Strain. How far away am I?

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Athletics check: Athletics : 1eP+3eA+3eD 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s-s.png a-s.png a-a.png a-a.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-th.png

I'm assuming that 1 Threat equals 1 Strain.

If possible, I'd like to take 1 Maneuver to get up and 1 Maneuver to move closer to the kid for 2 Strain. How far away am I?

This is all fine. Hard Survival to track the child, with just 1 Setback for the darkness, with your helmet. Hard Vigilance or Perception to listen for her movements. Or just pick a direction and go for it. It is difficult terrain, with the shrubby brush and boulders, but that won’t effect your movements this turn.

Vigilance it is then (this ain't gonna work :P ).

Vigilance check (no Setback, right? I'll add it if there is): Vigilance : 1eP+1eA+3eD 0 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png a-s.png d-f.png d-th-th.png d-f.png

Aw, so close. I guess I'll just walk straight ahead and hope to come across the kid.

I love you for trying, but it’s going to be a Daunting Charm check, with 2 Setback. This can be an out-of-turn incidental, but I assume you’ll want to pause briefly after speaking, hoping for a response. @P-47 Thunderbolt

Just now, Edgehawk said:

I love you for trying, but it’s going to be a Daunting Charm check, with 2 Setback.

Yeah... That's kinda what I'd expected. :P

And yes, I'd wait for a response.

Charm check (please be lucky): Don't be scared of the big bad stormtrooper : 2eA+4eD+2eS 3 successes, 3 threat
a-s-s.png a-s-s.png d-th.png d-th.png d--.png d-th.png s--.png s-f.png

Holy............ [Expletive Deleted]

Welp, that's my piece of good luck for today... possibly for the rest of the year.

@P-47 Thunderbolt Nice roll! For the Threat, the child remains wary and is keeping out of sight, the direction still uncertain.

I'd like to try to find a hollow or other sheltered position where we can hunker down, preferably out of sight.

I'm going to try the valuable facts action, and not move. Though, what can Briar see of the other task force members from where she is? I'm going to use warfare, the idea being knowing the weaknesses of the T-47 airspeeders.

Valuable Airspeeder Facts : 2eP+2eA+2eD 3 successes, 1 Triumph
p-s.png p-tr.png a-s-a.png a-s.png d-th.png d-f.png

Ooo, it really does pour when it rains. The ability doesn't mention anything special on a triumph, so do I just know even more about the Airspeeders weaknesses, or do I learn something else?

52 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I'm going to try the valuable facts action, and not move. Though, what can Briar see of the other task force members from where she is? I'm going to use warfare, the idea being knowing the weaknesses of the T-47 airspeeders.

Valuable Airspeeder Facts : 2eP+2eA+2eD 3 successes, 1 Triumph
p-s.png p-tr.png a-s-a.png a-s.png d-th.png d-f.png

Ooo, it really does pour when it rains. The ability doesn't mention anything special on a triumph, so do I just know even more about the Airspeeders weaknesses, or do I learn something else?

Upgrade on attacks against the speeders, as Briar points out wwak points? "Shoot the joins, it will fall apart quickly" something like that

Edited by Rimsen
6 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Mechanically, Valuable Facts lets you add a Triumph to a single ally’s skill check during the encounter. For your Triumph, you may add a Triumph to an additional ally’s roll, or add a Despair to an adversary’s roll. How you wish to narrate it is up to you, really.

Stealth (watch me fail with Threat): Stealth : 3eA+2eB+2eD+2eS 2 failures, 1 advantage
a-s-s.png a--.png a-a.png b--.png b-a.png d-f-f.png d-th.png s-f.png s-f.png

Ah, phooey. I told you my luck had run out...

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Ah, phooey. I told you my luck had run out...

Okay. Looks like you’ve been spotted. Advantage could mean they do not spot the girl? She’s behind you, fully sheltered in an alcove, but there’s not enough space for you to find full cover?

Sounds good. Narrated as drawing them away from her?

11 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Sounds good. Narrated as drawing them away from her?

That’s fine. They’ll continue to search, but you can draw them away for this turn.

Are you going to post anything about what they're doing and have me respond, or do you want me to go ahead and narrate it?

8 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Are you going to post anything about what they're doing and have me respond, or do you want me to go ahead and narrate it?

You may narrate it. A light splashes over Hale, then remains, instead of moving on. One of the T-47s seems to be circling to keep you in its lights. You aren’t privy to their comms, but Hale is pretty sure he’s been discovered.

Is it my turn after @Imperial Stormtrooper , if so how far away are the speeders from me?

12 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Is it my turn after @Imperial Stormtrooper , if so how far away are the speeders from me?

You can go. Speeders are at Short (Planetary), quickly closing to Close range.

@Edgehawk , is it too late to use Rapid Reaction to add 1 Success to my initiative? That would put me ahead of the T-47s. I hadn't used it because I was in the lead for initiative.

14 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Edgehawk , is it too late to use Rapid Reaction to add 1 Success to my initiative? That would put me ahead of the T-47s. I hadn't used it because I was in the lead for initiative.

Go ahead!

I take 1 Strain and that'll put me up to 5 Success.

Vigilance : 4eA 3 successes, 3 advantage
a-a-a.png a-a.png a-s-s.png a-s.png