The Storage Solution thread

By thereisnotry, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Those Ultimate Guard card boxes look nice.

I keep my cards separated into a lot of different sections though.

I keep a damage deck, a fear deck, a weakness deck, a title card deck, a boon deck, a terrain deck, a basic card deck, a hero's name deck, a role deck, a one handed item deck, a trinket deck, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Plus I'm currently running Aragorn and Legolas, so I keep their cards and decks separate also.

ignore

Edited by Wandalf the Gizzard
-

I originally got the Battlefoam insert and hated it. Didn't fit sleeved cards at all. Not nearly enough space. Bends the oversize cards if they are I didn't like how it held the minis either.

I ended up going with the Go7Gaming insert. Assembly required, but fits everything beautifully with room for expansion. I have a little more room to fit extra cards, tokens, and plenty of space for more minis. When the new enemy figures come out, they'll fit right in.

Here's the link: https://go7gaming.com/product/lrj-001-for-lotr-journeys-in-middle-earth/

On 5/10/2019 at 10:29 PM, Faranim said:

I spent a few hours making a custom FoamCore solution for mine...

It's a 3-tiered organizer, most of which is mini-cards, and a few trays with tokens. Bottom level is Minis and Map Tiles.

JIME-FC3.jpg

JIME-FC4.jpg

I love this! I have never made my own inserts before - never thought about it being a possibility before - but seeing this made me try it out yesterday! And frankly - I kind of tanked it xD Which is to be expected on a first try of course.

But I will try again!

Edited by S-Freak

Anyone know if there are 12 pocket black binder pages that will fit sleeved JiME cards? My internet searching skill check has not been netting high enough.

Like this

Edited by Thaeggan
I always edit my posts because that is when I see my grammar mistakes.

Anyone know of binder pages to put Hero cards in? These hero cards seem very odd in size... Like I really wish these 14 pocket pages would work to have a nice hero card and their corresponding personal mini cards.

The Ultimate Guard 32 pocket pages are nice and need to get hero cards in the same binder.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:05 PM, Thaeggan said:

Anyone know of binder pages to put Hero cards in? These hero cards seem very odd in size... Like I really wish these 14 pocket pages would work to have a nice hero card and their corresponding personal mini cards.

I don’t think it’s quite what you’re looking for, in terms of ratio of each size of pocket, but this has the right sizes at least, it would appear: https://www.hobbiesdepot.com/supplies/Pack-of-20-BCW-Pro-8-Pocket-Mini-American-Tarot-Card-Album-Pages-binder-sheets

You're looking for “tarot card” sized pockets, if that helps.

On 11/8/2019 at 6:53 AM, SpiderMana said:

I don’t think it’s quite what you’re looking for, in terms of ratio of each size of pocket, but this has the right sizes at least, it would appear: https://www.hobbiesdepot.com/supplies/Pack-of-20-BCW-Pro-8-Pocket-Mini-American-Tarot-Card-Album-Pages-binder-sheets

You're looking for “tarot card” sized pockets, if that helps.

Though I'm not in love with the pages, they are at least usable.

Thanks.

Just my take on a storage solution, if that can be useful to anybody :) My needs were:

• Fit everything in the core box
  • Have the miniatures in individual "compartments" as I painted them
  • Ease the setup
  • Don't spend more than a couple of days to make it

And it is working really well. The setup time isn't more than a minute which is great. I didn't make any plan and built it gradually. I spent a fair amount of time drawing plans for my Imperial Assault box, but here we have far fewer things to store so I can afford to be imprecise but save time.

I don't have the box expansion (hope it will be back in stock soon), but I'll be able to store the miniatures easily by splitting some compartments on the top in two as the top row is bigger (so the troll fits).

Here are the different trays I have:

• Picture 1: All the bottom of the box is for miniatures, banners, items and battle map terrain tokens. I keep the box on a chair next to me when playing so it's easy to access
  • Picture 2 bottom: A tray for the cards we need in game: damage, fear, weakness and boons.
  • Picture 2 bottom: Another one we keep on the table with fate, search and person tokens
  • Picture 3: A big one for all the cards. Top row is items, weapons, armours, titles, basic role cards. Middle row is all role cards. Bottom row is corresponding characters cards. We keep our decks here so we just take it from here when starting a new session
  • Picture 4: the tiles, no need for a tray here
  • Picture 5: Finally battle maps and rule books! And as we see, there is plenty of space left.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Nice and clean

Got those painted figures, but have unsleeved cards? 😱

Edited by Thaeggan

Well yeah, I never sleeved my cards 🤷‍♂️ So far so good, but I guess one day I'll be sorry about that and change my mind 😁

On 5/9/2019 at 3:10 AM, Thaeggan said:

Anyone know if there is a box insert being made for this game to fit everything in the original box?

I already got my plastic containers, but it just doesn't feel right.

eRaptor insert

I bought this organizer from Eleven Tree Designs on Etsy and I'm quite happy with it. It greatly reduced the amount of time takes to set up and tear down, which was my first requirement. It also appears to have plenty of space for the upcoming expansion, which was my second requirement. I usually set the top two layers on the table while I play so I can grab enemies and tokens easily. I also like that the card dividers can be adjusted to fit your preference. The only down side is that it took a while to assemble, but everything fit together perfectly, and it's definitely worth the time for a good, sturdy, functional organizer.

Edited by Birdman137
Added link

I broke down and paid $60+ for the Broken Token organizer and have to say that I'm not disappointed. It is beautifully done, but you definitely want to have a small file, white glue and a rubber hammer on hand. And it took me more like 3-4 hours to get it all put together rather than the 60-90 minutes that they mention. I suppose if I did another that it would go faster. Would I buy it again, yes. There's still a bit of room for the next expansion, if not the whole thing, and I have Villains easily stored with the original set.

On 6/24/2020 at 9:15 PM, Orcstalker said:

I broke down and paid $60+ for the Broken Token organizer and have to say that I'm not disappointed. It is beautifully done, but you definitely want to have a small file, white glue and a rubber hammer on hand. And it took me more like 3-4 hours to get it all put together rather than the 60-90 minutes that they mention. I suppose if I did another that it would go faster. Would I buy it again, yes. There's still a bit of room for the next expansion, if not the whole thing, and I have Villains easily stored with the original set.

I also have this organiser, and I echo everything you said. I also want to say that, while I have built a few Broken Token organiser before, this one gave me some trouble, as I wasn't used to the weaked pieces due to the art on them, and I ended up damaging a few.

I also hope that they come out with a sorting guide for how to place the map tiles back into the tray, like they did with Gloomhaven's. While the current tiles fit fine, I'm wondering how tight it is all going to be once I get the expansion tiles in there...