Conquerors of the Paellos Sector: IC [Players Only]

By The Jabbawookie, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

21 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

@Bertie Wooster and @idjmv ok. Can we agree to at least end the war with territory as-is?

Bertie uses C1, then evacuates next turn?

Forty uses X1 the evacuates next turn?

Idjmv uses B3 then evacuates next turn?

Agreed.

@GhostofNobodyInParticular

The Malarian Brood has something in the ballpark of 200 drones above G1, with 9 Wookiee Warrior units on the ground. The "Bug Swatter" got Swatted, so you are free to take action.

Priorities for the Wookiees have, indeed, Changed.

34 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Understood.

@FortyInRed can you move off of T1 this turn?

Yep.

4 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

The Malarian Brood has something in the ballpark of 200 drones above G1, with 9 Wookiee Warrior units on the ground. The "Bug Swatter" got Swatted, so you are free to take action.

image.jpeg.cab68b7e043169b44d8c782d4670239f.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Very well. A fleet has been dispatched. Would you be open to ceding us the planet? It is our ancestral home, after all. We will ensure safe transport of your GFs if you do.

1 minute ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Very well. A fleet has been dispatched. Would you be open to ceding us the planet? It is our ancestral home, after all. We will ensure safe transport of your GFs if you do.

We may require 1 Turn of Production without Blockade before doing so. But we are open to the idea.

Edited by Drasnighta
46 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Agreed.

@idjmv @Bertie Wooster also, I'll have to send some fleets through both of your territory to make this work. I'll send them through deep space.

I'll move off X1 this turn. I'll be on B3 in turn after this (turn 23?)

Edited by FortyInRed
Autocorrect
2 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

@idjmv @Bertie Wooster also, I'll have to send some fleets through both of your territory to make this work. I'll send them through deep space.

Yeah, I might have to send stuff through dsW and dsY.

8 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Yeah, I might have to send stuff through dsW and dsY.

And friendly reminder to issue no shoot orders

15 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Thats fine.

...tonight on the Independent News Network, a stunning development out of Xenophon. There are unsubstantiated claims that The Bad Horse has been killed. Though the (state run) Evil News Network claims that he is just on sabbatical, forensic evidence suggests that he could not possibly have survived the Battle of Tati, in which the League's Third Burninantion Fleet was annihilated. For more, we go to our special war correspondent, Pew Pew McPewdyface. Pew?

Pew Pew: yes thank you Jill. It appears that statistically-speaking, there is literally no way that battle could have been worse for the League. I mean they would have had better luck shooting themselves, for at least that way they could have claimed to have killed something.

Jill: now isn't it curious that they chose to press the attack after an equally appalling attack on Wajda?

Pew Pew: yes that case is interesting as well. Despite a massive numerical advantage, the League fleet performed almost as poorly there. You know Jill, it's almost as if they have angered some mythical dice-rolling entity in another sector with the luck they've had! Either way, they won't be raiding anything with the Bad Horse out of the picture.

Jill: I'll remind our viewers that we do not have confirmation of that last statement.

Next, we'll look into what the League is referring to as a "Penal colony for Gungans" on Clydesdale the Greater. In a tersely worded statement, the League is claiming that they were not actually defeated at Clydesdale, but rather had taken so many prisoners that they had no other place to put them. Note that all civilian's traffic to Clydesdale has been suspended....

16 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Unnnlimited Powah!: Conquer two entire systems, each with two or more planets you did not previously occupy. Quest prize: SSD (scarred) Note: all progress in completing this mission is not overwritten (e.g. if half a system has been conquered before this mission became a win condition, that system would still count toward completion. Fully conquered systems are overwritten.

@FortyInRed @idjmv Looks like I missed something. The X System will not count for me, because I already occupied all three X planets in a previous turn.

The note in italics is difficult to understand, but I think it means because I'm halfway through the C system already, it would count for me if I took over C2 in addition to C1. But maybe the C system wouldn't count for Forty or idjmv, because each of them previously occupied C1 or C2? I'm not sure about that part.

"Fully conquered systems are overwritten." This means my previous progress (I previously conquered the entire X system) gains me nothing for this current mission.

So I think we'll have to change our strategy a bit. I would need conquer the C system, move off, and then conquer one other system (perhaps the B system) in order to achieve the mission. I can offer up the X system (to idjmv) and the T system (to Forty and idjmv) for the purposes of this mission.

By the way, I'm pretty sure "swapping" systems is fine. Once you conquer a system, you can move off the system and give it back to its previous owner.

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

@FortyInRed @idjmv Looks like I missed something. The X System will not count for me, because I already occupied all three X planets in a previous turn.

The note in italics is difficult to understand, but I think it means because I'm halfway through the C system already, it would count for me if I took over C2 in addition to C1. But maybe the C system wouldn't count for Forty or idjmv, because each of them previously occupied C1 or C2? I'm not sure about that part.

"Fully conquered systems are overwritten." This means my previous progress (I previously conquered the entire X system) gains me nothing for this current mission.

So I think we'll have to change our strategy a bit. I would need conquer the C system, move off, and then conquer one other system (perhaps the B system) in order to achieve the mission. I can offer up the X system (to idjmv) and the T system (to Forty and idjmv) for the purposes of this mission.

By the way, I'm pretty sure "swapping" systems is fine. Once you conquer a system, you can move off the system and give it back to its previous owner.

@idjmv @Bertie Wooster hmm ok. As orders are already in and processed, can we revisit next turn?

You're still moving to X1, correct?

14 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

@idjmv @Bertie Wooster hmm ok. As orders are already in and processed, can we revisit next turn?

You're still moving to X1, correct?

Yeah, my orders are already in and processed.

Some ships are moving to dsY, on their way to X1.

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Yeah, my orders are already in and processed.

Some ships are moving to dsY, on their way to X1.

But you won't be arriving at X1 this turn?

If not, then I'll plan to keep my forces there for another turn while we negotiate further. We still have a no-shoot, right?

But you won't be arriving at X1 this turn?

If not, then I'll plan to keep my forces there for another turn while we negotiate further. We still have a no-shoot, right?

No, I won't be arriving at X1 this turn. And I won't be leaving C1 this turn, but the following turn. And idjmv won't leave B3 this turn, but the following turn. I think that's the deal?

I have "do not shoot" orders on both of you.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:23 AM, The Jabbawookie said:

Additionally, I will be removing the fleet cap over all 3 planet systems. Bombardments still max at 5 dice.

Can this be explained more fully?

Are you saying that if a system has three or more planets we can have more than 500 points in a fleet and have it count as such for battles?

5 minutes ago, LTD said:

Can this be explained more fully?

Are you saying that if a system has three or more planets we can have more than 500 points in a fleet and have it count as such for battles?

Exactly.

@LTD

Allow me to specify: at the start of the next turn I’ll be removing the fleet cap in 3 planet systems, rather than encountering a bunch of last minute changes to orders right now.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Turn 22 hyperpings: dsA, A1, A2, dsB, dsC, C2, E, G1, K1, K2, L2, N1, P, S, V, W, dsY.

A 483 point GNIPian fleet engages 218 Locust Drones over G1. A 10 is rolled and converted to a 7; the GNIPians lose 2 Hammerhead Torpedo Corvettes. 72 Locust Drones are destroyed and the Brood must retreat. G1 is now blockaded by the GNIPians; the blockade is unenforced.

No worlds are infested.

Turn 23 has begun, and will end in 48 hours.

Awaiting orders from:

@Drasnighta

Orders processed: Fortyinred, Bertie Wooster, LTD, GNIPs, idjmv.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

@Drasnighta we have cleared your world for you, at considerable loss to our own resources. Are you still open to our request? We are currently in an unenforced blockade, so as not to disrupt your production.

3 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

@Drasnighta we have cleared your world for you, at considerable loss to our own resources. Are you still open to our request? We are currently in an unenforced blockade, so as not to disrupt your production.

Your losses were comparable to the Wookiee losses suffered in the previous attempt.

Do not attempt to grace an act of magnanimity with selfish pride.

It will be ceded as agreed at the end of this turn, once as many wookies can leave under their own power.

1 minute ago, Drasnighta said:

Your losses were comparable to the Wookiee losses suffered in the previous attempt. 

Do not attempt to grace an act of magnanimity with selfish pr   ide.

Any loss is considerable for the grieving families back home. There was no pride involved in the comment, only mourning.

@The Jabbawookie hyperspace ping at Z.

*Looks down at scanner*

I get no reading, are you sure?

@The Jabbawookie hyperspace ping at Z.

*Looks down at scanner*

I get no reading, are you sure?

Only that I am wrong. Thanks for checking, fixed.