Legend of the Five Rings Play by Post

By tubatimb2, in Your Stories

Aruzahn takes the smallest of the sweets, and unobtrusively takes another which she stashes away for later consumption. She also doesn't interrupt during the conversation, but she tries to pay attention. When her mind wanders she tends to find herself lingering on the craftsmanship of someone's kimono as they're speaking, or she may take the time to go over the history of the emerald championship or similar matters in her own mind.

"I see." Says Ito Sora. "I am certain Asahina-Sama will have been informed by Doji-Ue, so no doubt we will hear details before long. Apparently one of Koharu's sentries noted a courier with Otomo heraldry riding in haste southwards a few days ago; in hindsight we can be certain what his message for Hida-Sama was."

Sora and the Ronin talk of various small matters for a while, before the conversation turns serious.

There are assorted things various of you might mention - Aruzhan's rumour about Manabu and Natsuki's falling out in Fallen Branch Town, for example, will provoke a smile if she wants to share it, and he will be interested to hear about her visits to the Asahina shrines - but there are two rumours you need to specifically decide if you're going to mention or not. Any of you can choose to do so if you wish, since you've shared them with one another over the campfire last night.

1. The rumour about the Yasuki pushing up the prices of medicinal herbs. You may not know for definite if it's true, but given what you've observed about him you can probably guess why - if he's not heard them himself - you'd get an attentive audience
  2. Yasuki Onodera's upcoming nuptials are definitely going to be mentioned - Onodera is a moderately big deal in the Crab Clan, so it's a fairly important social event in the region, even if it's happening over the border - but since they originated in the capital, obviously any rumours about his bride-to-be are yours to withhold or share as you see fit.

"Ito-sama. I have no news that is nearly as portentous as the passing of the Emerald Champion. But I have recently served on the wall. If you have not already heard, attacks are heating up again. Hida Tonomatsu and several Emerald Magistrates (and perhaps a few ronin too) recently defeated a powerful Oni leading troops. It is widely said that the Crab logistics are spread thin, and we will have a 20 Goblin Winter in response."

Yoshi looks a like that might be all he shares. But then adds,

"I passed a monk dedicated to Osanowo heading south to the Wall. And he said he wanted stock up on medicinal herbs and spices. He claimed that the Yasuki family was angling to drive up the price. Maybe even with the help of the Daidoji Trading Council. Such things are far beyond a ronin's actual knowledge. But the monk also said that the coming trade maneuver was really about an insult Hida Tonomatsu made to a Yasuki Daimyo about the cost of their obi. I was told the Yasuki are very angry and ready to gouge toe Hida. You may be in a far better position than I to know the truth of such things. But I did hear it."

"Perhaps either the news or the gossip will be of utility to you."

As Yoshi finished he gave a small bow and sat back and was silent.

"That latter, at least" Ito Sora says, grimacing slightly, "I can confirm is true in at least some part. I cannot speak for the Yasuki's reasoning, but the Yasuki and Daidoji families - or at least some elements within them - have indeed deliberately contrived the price of medicinal herbs rising a great deal."

He gestures at the empty bowls next to the plate of sweets.

"A samurai should be unconcerned by crass matters of commerce. But I am not only a samurai but administrator to a village which survives, in part, by the success of its merchants. Furthermore I...." He pauses, clearly unhappy to continue but forcing himself to confront something unpleasant, "...have a direct interest in such trades."

He gestures at the sword on the daisho stand opposite the garden.

"That, as you might have determined for yourself, is a Ronin's blade - more specifically, it is the sword of the man who killed me. I am not unacquainted with battle - I walked the Musha Sugyo myself in my younger days, and those artworks behind you are momentos of my travel - but I am no longer as swift as I was in my youth, and an Otsuchi has no respect for the elderly."

He picks up the silk, coughs again into it, and refolds it.

"The blow shattered my hip and ribs. They have healed, but healed askew, and eight months of dry summer warmth and the Yasuki's healing herbs have done little to banish the congestion in that lung. I doubt most sincerely I shall survive the pervasive damp of the rainy season again, and I certainly cannot justify the expenditure of the village's limited purse on overpriced medicines that I do not think will save my life even if I acquire them. So instead I need to prepare for a future I shall not see."

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Hekasu listens respectfully, then at the mention of preparing for the future, responds, "Though I have a duty to my master in Nanashi Mura, I understand traveling papers from such a distance can take time to verify. If there's any assistance I can offer in the meantime, I would be honored to assist, Ito-sama."

Aruzhan seems slightly bewildered as the men exchange gossip, but she chimes in anyway "An honorable samurai wouldn't withhold medicine from people in need. Surely if someone were to explain the situation to the Daidoji or the Yasuki, they would be willing to send some medicine."

As Ito Sora tells his story, Aruzhan's eyes settle upon the ronin's sword. "Forgive more Ito-sama, but it seems you have other reminders that it is good to treat every moment as if it will be your last, so why keep the sword of the man who killed you? Is it so your retainers may be reminded as well?"

Yoshi remained careful to keep his On intact while listening respectfully to Ito-sama. He doubted that Ito-sama was interested in a ronin’s sympathy. Or in sharing details of his life to pass the time. It was too early to commit to an endeavor but clearly this was going somewhere...maybe he could hazard a question.

”Ah. I had wondered about the sword as well Ito-sama, ” Yoshi said “ Amid your very elegant possessions that sword’s handle ... well it is not what one would expect from an honorable and refined Crane samurai.” Yoshi paused to offer another small bow, “May a Ronin ask if you killed it’s owner in the retaking of your town?” (....Or is it possible that he or she is still out there causing you trouble Ito-sama? Or their family? ... Yoshi considered possibilities in his head.)

Edited by Void Crane

Ito Sora smiles and nods to Hekasu. "Travelling papers are something I can happily assist with. Nobuto Tohashiro-san is my closest counterpart, acting steward of Uimi Mura on the Yasuki side of the border. He and I maintain a good working relationship since the Daidoji merchant road passes through both our territories, and we will generally accept any recommendation or ruling the other makes save with respect to one another's own clans. If I prepare travelling papers on your behalf, they should see you across the Crab border and, with Tohashiro-san's counter-signature, through most of Yasuki lands without comment."

Ito Sora gestures to the sword. "I do not know, in truth, Yoshi-san, if Kazama survived. I would like to think the gut wound I left him with in return proved fatal, but his men carried him safely away from the fury of Koharu-san and the Iron Crane. Perhaps to heal, perhaps to die later in whatever rat-hole they found to hide in. It is of value to me, to remind me not simply that I must be ready to face death, as any samurai should be, but that I am in truth dead already, and prolonging my extended death is of worth only so long as I can provide more aid to Hiuchiishi Ganpeki Mura alive than I require myself from it to remain living. That is a point which, in my judgement, has now passed."

He turns to the chest next to the daisho stand. "When we finally broke Kazama's men that night they left no small number of their own dead behind. The bulk were armed with Yari that have been distributed to the ashigaru armoury to help Koharu-san rebuild the militia, and many of the weapons were crude or damaged by the time we recovered them. It would be...inappropriate...to provide heimin soldiers with the siezed katana or wakizashi, though. The swords are far from the finest quality, but they are perfectly servicable, and the sons of Hida who man the Kaiu wall are always in need of weapons for their recruits; I recall enough of my travels to know the defences of the southern frontier consumes manpower and steel like a starving man eats rice. Furthermore we took five horses from them. Keeping one for the use of the village's administrator is justifiable, and a second in case the first becomes lame might be sensible, but certainly more than that would be an indulgance that Hiuchiishi Ganpeki Mura cannot afford now harvest season is over. By comparison, the koku raised by a bundle of servicable sword blades and three or four trained horses would be enough to undo much of the hurt Kazama and his followers did to this village."

Sora spreads his hands expansively.

"I hope you begin to see the main boon I would ask of you. Sword blades are not something I feel content asking mere merchants to transport, especially with three horses to take as well...I do not often see fellow samurai on the merchant road."

A TN3 Skulduggery/Recall (Earth) check will determine if any of you have heard of Kazama the Ronin before

Edited by Magnus Grendel

my Earth is only 1, so I'm not gonna bank on double explosions.

"Ah, the Wall..." Hekasu begins cautiously, but stops himself from finishing that sentence with: is extremely out of my way... "is said to be the most magnificent feat of engineering, save only for the beauty of Kyuden Doji of course." He speaks a bit haltingly, caught off-guard by the request.

"You mean perhaps that it is on the very far side of Hida Kisada-sama's lands, I think," Ito Sora observes, "and would take an extended journey to reach, but are too courteous to say so. Be reassured that I am not so arrogant as to order you on our first meeting to cross a fifth of the length of the Empire. Uimi Mura would be quite a sufficient service..."

He gestures at the shelf of picture, pointing out the scrimshawed antler, worked with the image of a vast walled city surrounded by tented encampments.

"That particular work shows one of only a few landscapes in my collection I have not seen first-hand. Rather, it was a gift from a friend of my Musha Shugyo days; Ide Arban-Sama of Khanbulak. Uimi Mura is a Yasuki Family waystation, for merchants approaching Yasuki Yashiki by road from the north. At some point in the next few weeks - the timing is somewhat variable given what it celebrates - the village holds the "First Clouds" festival, and in addition to celebrations, religious observances and martial tournaments, it is a thriving if temporary market. Ide Arban-Sama almost always attends, and given that Nobuto Tohashiro-san's liege has ordered him to ensure this year's festival is even more spectacular than normal, I am certain this year will be no exception."

He shrugs slightly, smiling.

"Arban-Sama would have you believe that she is basically just a gaijin horse-thief. I confess I have never understood the somewhat perverse-seeming enjoyment a samurai - and no mere vassal but a full Great Clan samurai - gains from putting on the airs of a disreputable peasant merchant, but I know her for a deeply honourable person and I know she would see to disposing of the weapons and horses honourably and ensuring Koharu-san recieves a fair price for them."

A TN2 commerce/recall (earth) will determine if you recognise the name. Aruzhan may instead consider it TN1 culture/recall (earth)

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Yoshi takes a moment to look back at his two new traveling companions but it isn't long, "Ito-sama I am honored with your faith and trust. Your words and plans reflect your commitment to duty and compassion to your town. You show courtesy to 3 humble ronin passing through. You show courage in the face of what may be your last winter. Though I will hope the kami will grace you with a pleasant surprise... How can anyone who places any values bushido refuse such a request? First Clouds festival you say."

(Well, poop. Not sure I wanted to head that direction. I was thinking about heading North. Still if this is where the wind is blowing...)

(( Kazama. Kazama. Kazama the ronin... I'm Earth3/Skullduggery3. I roll 2 successes, an explosion with strife, two options and a blank. Keep the three successes (and a strife) and roll the explosion which sadly also comes up blank. Still that does make 3 success for Yoshi... seems like I've heard of that particular rogue.... )

((I failed the TN 3 roll to be familiar with Kazama, but on the TN 1 culture+ earth check I rolled an exploding success (with strife) and 2 opportunity. I'm not sure if this is considered to "target" the character, which would be required for me to use Ancestry Unearthed. If so I might use my 2 opportunities to know a secret that the "target" was trying to hide.. if not I can at least counteract the strife.))

"Of course I will help transport the blades and I will care for the steeds until we make arrangements with Ide Arban-sama at Uimi Mura." Aruzhan slows her speech as she mentions the names of Arban and the outpost of Uimi Mura, clearly trying to memorize them. She then looks back at the ornate scrimshawed antler. "It's always nice to have momentos reminding us of our good friends. If you would like to send a note or gift to your friend, I'm sure it's delivery would not be too much trouble."

Hekasu's cheeks flush slightly. He was not accustomed to dealing with such perceptive people in his regular course of business. Gathering back his on , he gives a small seated bow, "As you say, Ito-sama. The Yasuki lands are exactly to where I'm headed, and I would be honored to assist you."

Went for the TN2:

1211841275_OpportunitySmall.png.acf41343 , 792424631_SuccessSmall.png.f580b7641c8c8 1518491343_StrifeSmall.png.6434e11e967f0 . Keeping the opportunity for... well I doubt there will be more commerce rolls this scene, so I guess I'll spend it for 'another character removes 2 strife.' If Aruzhan or Yoshi have 2+ strife, whichever calls dibs first gets the relief, otherwise I'll let Ito-sama remove 2 instead.

"Yes. The 'First Cloud' festival is dedicated to the Air and Water Kami. It celebrates the end of the dry season - The lands Nobuto Tohashiro-san administers are somewhat more wooded and hilly than my own, and those areas further from the Golden River are thus less able to draw on it for water. Uimi Mura is a central village in the region, and hence what I gather was originally a series of small festivals in each farm and settlement has over the years become one central celebration in Uimi Mura held by Yasuki Onodera-sama's steward."

Ito sighs wistfully, coughing again into his silk.

"You are correct, Aruzhan-san, that I should send my farewells to Arban-sama. One letter I will provide will explain the village's needs, but it would honour me if you would also return her kind gift; if I pass on it is appropriate it return to the Unicorn, and it should serve as more than sufficient credentials with any of her senior guards old enough to recognise it." He smiles slightly. "The other letter will be for the senior officer of the Daidoji border garrison. I would ask you not to mention the second one to Koharu-san - perhaps it is improper, but I do take a certain satisfaction in another's pleasant surprise, even if I am merely imagining it rather than seeing it first-hand."

Kazama is a moderately infamous ronin sometimes nicknamed "Jaw-Cracker" that Yoshi's father taught him about. He and his relatives have more commonly served lords - never named, but occasionally rumoured (regularly - devious deeds being what they are - the Scorpion) - seeking a 'deniable' force, and no small number of scorched earth raids have been attributed to war parties including them. Kazama has a fairly impressive reputation as a killer and if Sora left his belly sliced open the Ito samurai must clearly have been quite the swordsman himself despite his age. He has never been rich or a leader of men, though, unless he has become so over recent years, the idea of him leading a force able to put up a credible fight against a full guntai of clan bushi doesn't fit with the image of a violent but unsophisticated brute.

Ide Arban is a fairly high-ranking samurai of the Unicorn Ide family. She is (a few generations removed) of Kuge lineage, and is even a distant cousin of the Ide daimyo.

1211841275_OpportunitySmall.png.acf41343 1211841275_OpportunitySmall.png.acf41343 Her family is respected amongst their counterpart families in other clans, such as the Yasuki and Daidoji, but does not command the same respect amongst the Unicorn themselves as the family was marred with scandal - financial losses and the debts the family had to accept to avoid ruin - a few generations back. Most of these were repaid but a few were supposedly forgiven by the family's creditors for never-entirely-explained reasons

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Unless anyone has anything else to raise or ask Sora, I'm going to tie up the scene. Remember - if any of you have managed to rack up enough strife - to reduce it to half your composure.

I'm good to move to the next scene.

Ito Sora continues to discuss provincial matters and rumours from the capital alike with his guests for a short while longer. Once an appropriate proportion of the sweets have been consumed, he looks out into the garden and makes a discrete gesture. Someone must presumably have been watching from the opposite wing of the mansion, because a few minutes later, a heimin in an unarmoured ashigaru tunic enters, bows, and reports to the administrator that his guests' blades have been cleaned and sharpened, and are waiting for them to collect at their pleasure in 'the Kakita room', which Sora informs the three ronin is adjacent to the armoury.

He thanks his guests, and informs them that he will see to preparations for their journey to Uimi Mura. The attendant who served the sweets earlier rematerializes with a junior assistant and tidies the empty plates and bowls away, as well as discretely removing the now quite-badly-stained silk. Ito Sora instructs the attendant - apparently called Ozi - to have the younger servant see that his writing desk prepared and his chop seals brought out to authorise travel papers, and then to go and inform Koharu that the meal is finished.

Standing with some noticeable effort, the Ito samurai bows gratefully.

"My thanks, honourable guests, for your assistance in these matters." He says. "If we are fated meet again, I shall look forward to the day, but if not, you will have assisted in ensuring that the village will be prosperous and led by an administrator who knows her responsibilities in detail. For that, I and my family will be grateful."

"It is my understanding that Koharu-san has sought your assistance in providing some practical instruction to our relatively meagre ashigaru contingent. Doing so will give me time to ensure your papers and letters are in order, and to see to readying the horses saddled and loaded." The samurai smiles. "It has taken Koharu-san most of the summer to rebuild the force she has - whilst it is important for them to learn their limitations, please try not to demoralise them - or her - by breaking any of them too permanently..."

this is the end of a scene. as noted, you may reduce your strife to half your composure if it had exceeded that value.

The 'Kakita Room' proves to be a small but well-appointed chamber adjacent to the ashigaru armoury where Ito Sora's daisho is kept, along with an empty daisho stand presumably belonging to Koharu, both set on a low shelf below a small shrine to the memory of the first Emerald Champion. Kakita's final words; " Do Your Duty To Your Master ", is inscribed on the leading edge of the shelf. The two adjacent walls show life-sized prints of Kakita, on the left and Mirumoto Hojatsu, on the right, facing one another with blades sheathed.

Three elegant stands in the centre of the room hold each of the ronin's blades, maintained to a mirror finish and a razor-edged sharpness, each with a small paper prayer-blessing tied around the base of the hilt.

The final wall is distinctly less elegant, and consists of a reinforced door leading into the ashigaru armoury proper, where Ozi directs the three ronin out through the newly-rebuilt and much more functional rooms to the left-hand door of the mansion, allowing them a pause by an arming chamber to change out of their finery into their more workaday clothes and armour.

The ronin find Koharu waiting for them in the meadow just outside the village gate adjacent to the mansion, with an ashigaru section stood to attention. There are a total of twelve ashigaru, of whom only one wears anything more protective than tunics. Off to the left, in the crook of the path around the village outskirts, connecting the gate back to the Daidoji merchant road, is a stack of weighted wooden staves - practice yari - and a rack holding a quartet of bokken.

Koharu approaches.

"Hekasu-san, Yoshi-san, Aruzhan-san." She bows. "My thanks for your assistance. As I said earlier, the village's ashigaru are somewhat unproven - of the sixteen soldiers, only six are veterans of more than a year's continuous service. The remainder are mostly the young newly recruited with a handful of the elderly recalled from their honoured discharge. Other than Ito Sora-Sama's and my own, I have a total of five suits of armour and only seven soldiers of the right build to wear them. Most importantly, over half have never seen combat of any kind save sparring with one another. They have no understanding of fighting as a formation as, if I form them as such, I lack enough soldiers to provide a credible opposition force. I suspect that a single squad of bushi in armour would cut them to pieces, and I need them to understand this, at a fundamental level."

Hekasu thanks Ito-sama again, gives his appreciation to the weapon-polisher, and then listens attentively to Koharu.

"So, will you be having the veterans wearing the armor against the rest of them? I'd be honored to observe the melee, and offer any suggestions that may come to mind."

Yoshi gave a final respectful bow to Ito-sama. Then he scooped up his "extra" cake and tucked it away for later.

In the kakita room, Yoshi took a moment to appreciate the artwork before clearing his mind and re-sheathing his swords. Do Your Duty to Your Master? ... Ah. To be lucky enough to live a such a simple and well fed life .

In the arming room Yoshi took the the time to don his armor after folding away his ceremonial robe. His ashigaru armor was well cared for. But otherwise identical to any other set of unmarked armor. He then joined his new friends in their walk over to the town's defenders. Yoshi made a point to look the troops over with an eye anyone who might still be secretly nursing a grudge against ronin at large. (...and willing to take a cheap shot during any exercises...)

"Koharu-san. I stand ready to assist you and your fine ashigaru however you wish."

((Survey Intentions seems like Water Ring(2)/Sentiment(1). I roll 1 success, a blank and an option w/strife. I keep the success for ... 1 success. meh.))

Edited by Void Crane
undue autocorrects "helpful" spelling of Kakita

Koharu smiles slightly.

"Aside from Fei, my Nikutai," she replies, indicating the one ashigaru in armour amongst the block, " the other suits are being worn by ashigaru on duty at the gates. Training is no excuse to stand down the village watch - and they are not so skilled as to provide a credible opposition, anyway."

The ji-samurai kicks the bokken stand gently, knocking two free, and catches them, bringing one to rest on her shoulder and flipping the other round to offer the grip to the towering Ronin.

" I fear," she says, "That I have been unclear, Hekasu-san...."

The ashigaru are....looking

very nervous.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

"Well, I did ask to spar!" Hekasu bows and takes the offered bokken. "I suppose all that threw me off was your reference to armored bushi." He chuckles as he sets aside his meager traveling pack and gestures to the travel-beaten clothes he wears. "But armor or no, I will do my best to assist."

Aruzhan examines the remaining bokken, then picks one up and tucks it into her obi hanging opposite her wakazashi. "As a shugenja, I also do not usually wear armor.. my battles generally require.. a.. different sort of defense. Still everyone should serve the empire in every way possible.." She then grabs a practice yari. "..and I'm sure I could show your ashigaru a thing or two."

"That's the spirit Hekasu-san!" Yoshi takes the last bokken and tests its balance with a swing or two...grunts approval.. "A friendly-ish match. So the newer ashigaru appreciate where they are on their journey to learn fighting."

Yoshi begins a basic breathing exercise. Breath in, count 4 heart beats. Breath out. 4 heart beats. Repeat. After one glance at his two unarmored comrades Yoshi makes a point to stand between them in the skirmish line so he can guard the one or the other. Just in case the need arrises. Then looks out at the ashigaru, not focused on any one of them but keeping them all in his field of vision. Focused on their center of mass. Waiting to see clear movement with intent.

"I think we're all ready Koharusu-san."

Edited by Void Crane

Koharu and the three Ronin drop into a loose fighting line several paces away from the militia - who shuffle nervously at the sight.

The ashigaru, directed by brief orders from Koharu and some significantly more detailed, significantly louder and significantly more insulting instructions from Fei, draw themselves up into a more-or-less formed block, in two ranks of six with the gruff nikutai on the front left opposite his commander, and heft their heavy, wooden practice spears. Fei barks a command at them and the yari drop into fighting position and step forwards as Koharu's feet shift slightly, gravel crunching underfoot...

Right. As you can probably gather, this is a skirmish scene.

On your side, you have the three of you and Koharu no Bunya sano Asahina.

• Each of you receives a Bokken (Range 1, Damage 3/5 (2-handed), Deadliness 3, Mundane) for use during the scene.
  • Aruzhan also receives a Practice Yari (Range 2, Damage 4, Deadliness 2, Mundane)
  • Koharu no Bunya sano Asahina is a Loyal Bushi, but wears Ashigaru Armour (Physical 3), is armed with a Bokken (Range 1, Damage 3/5 (2-handed), Deadliness 3, Mundane), and replaces the Sworn Protector ability with Sit Down, Fool!.

Sit Down, Fool!

While making an Attack action check, Koharu no Bunya sano Asahina may spend 1211841275_OpportunitySmall.png.acf41343 + equal to her target's vigilance to knock her target down. Her target suffers 1 strife and the Prone condition.

Your opposition is Fei and eleven Flint Quay Village Ashigaru Recruits.

• Fei is a Trained Ashigaru armed with a Practice Yari (Range 2, Damage 4, Deadliness 2, Mundane)
  • Flint Quay Village Ashigaru Recruits are Trained Ashigaru wearing Common Clothes (Physical 1), armed with Practice Yari (Range 2, Damage 4, Deadliness 2, Mundane) and lacking the normal Rank Tactics ability.

The battlefield is largely open, flat and stable.

• There is a path running through the meadow but the meadow is not so rough or overgrown as to not count as clear terrain, so unless someone uses 1211841275_OpportunitySmall.png.acf41343 to add details 'spotted' mid-fight there is no meaningful difference between meadow and path.
  • The village palisade is at range 3 to your left and functionally speaking represents an impassible wall you could use to guard your backs or pin an opponent against, aside from the gate and its two 'proper' ashigaru, some distance behind you, which are not part of this skirmish.
  • There are some rice paddies beyond the meadow to the right, but they are going to be at the far edge of range 4. If you somehow end up over there, the mud will qualify for entangling terrain.
  • The Ashigaru will begin at range 3 of you.
  • The Ashigaru will (mechanically) act as four groups of three, with Koharu initially engaging Fei and his buddies unless someone specifically interposes themselves. Obviously, as 'casualties' occur and people move around, minion groups may switch targets or members as required.

This is not an ambush, so everyone's initiative will be dependent on their Focus rather than their Vigilance.

Initiative:

Flint Quay Village Ashigaru Recruits are Focus 6 and do not make an Initiative check (minions).

All Flint Quay Village Ashigaru Recruits minion groups enter Earth Stance with Initiative 6.

Koharu no Bunya sano Asahina (Fire 3, Martial 3) performs TN1 Tactics Check

Rolls 3 ring dice: 1521230551_ExplosiveSuccessSmall.png.2cc 1518491343_StrifeSmall.png.6434e11e967f0 , 1521230551_ExplosiveSuccessSmall.png.2cc 1518491343_StrifeSmall.png.6434e11e967f0 , 1521230551_ExplosiveSuccessSmall.png.2cc 1518491343_StrifeSmall.png.6434e11e967f0 (bloody heck!)

Rolls 3 skill dice: 792424631_SuccessSmall.png.f580b7641c8c8 , 792424631_SuccessSmall.png.f580b7641c8c8 , 792424631_SuccessSmall.png.f580b7641c8c8 1518491343_StrifeSmall.png.6434e11e967f0

Keep 3 dice: 1521230551_ExplosiveSuccessSmall.png.2cc 1518491343_StrifeSmall.png.6434e11e967f0 , 1521230551_ExplosiveSuccessSmall.png.2cc 1518491343_StrifeSmall.png.6434e11e967f0 , 1521230551_ExplosiveSuccessSmall.png.2cc 1518491343_StrifeSmall.png.6434e11e967f0

Resolve Explosive Successes: 1211841275_OpportunitySmall.png.acf41343 1518491343_StrifeSmall.png.6434e11e967f0 , 792424631_SuccessSmall.png.f580b7641c8c8 1518491343_StrifeSmall.png.6434e11e967f0 (Kept), 792424631_SuccessSmall.png.f580b7641c8c8 (Kept)

Resolve Strife: Koharu no Bunya sano Asahina gains 1518491343_StrifeSmall.png.6434e11e967f0 1518491343_StrifeSmall.png.6434e11e967f0 1518491343_StrifeSmall.png.6434e11e967f0 1518491343_StrifeSmall.png.6434e11e967f0

Resolve Opportunities: None

Resolve Success/Failure: TN1, 1521230551_ExplosiveSuccessSmall.png.2cc 1521230551_ExplosiveSuccessSmall.png.2cc 1521230551_ExplosiveSuccessSmall.png.2cc 792424631_SuccessSmall.png.f580b7641c8c8 792424631_SuccessSmall.png.f580b7641c8c8 . succeeds with 4 Bonus Successes (she's not in fire stance yet ).

Koharu no Bunya sano Asahina has Focus 5

Koharu no Bunya sano Asahina Enters Fire Stance with Initiative 9.

Yoshi starts with a two handed grip on his bokken entering Air stance. He has a focus of 4. Air Ring (3)/Tactics(0).

I roll a blank, a success and an explosive success w/ strife...the explosion then yields an option. I keep them all and use the option to negate one strife from this roll.

Yoshi enter at initiative 6, in Air Stance.