Benioff and Weiss’ Film Canceled (Variety Article now included)

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

12 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

angry guy posts angry review

news at 11

Not without reason.

But poor D&D, if they think the G. R. R. Martin crowd is mean to them, just wait till they see what the G. Lucas crowd has in store for them!

Edited by Marinealver
20 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Not without reason.

But poor D&D, if they think the G. R. R. Martin crowd is mean to them, just wait till they see what the G. Lucas crowd has in store for them!

Image result for he's not wrong gif Image result for he's not wrong gif

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, That Blasted Samophlange said:

To certain points of view it is a lot of adulation for a game steeped in mediocrity.

You're going to find that a great many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:27 PM, Marinealver said:

Not without reason.

They're going to need to work on the scriptwriting, for a start...

10 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

doesn't quite work with the mountain being able to shrug off sword blows. At first it matches and of course the other scenes like the tower of joy but with Clegane to simply block sword blows with his arm, it breaks the aesthetics of lightsaber combat. They should have added that TR-8R hand to hand combat baton from episode 7 to his arm.

22 hours ago, Marinealver said:

doesn't quite work with the mountain being able to shrug off sword blows. At first it matches and of course the other scenes like the tower of joy but with Clegane to simply block sword blows with his arm, it breaks the aesthetics of lightsaber combat. They should have added that TR-8R hand to hand combat baton from episode 7 to his arm.

Hey, if it is stupid enough to include in kotor, why not here?

2 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Hey, if it is stupid enough to include in kotor, why not here?

Oh, this isn't a KotOR only thing, its alive and well in current canon material...

Crushgaunts, are strength-enhancing gloves designed centuries ago by the Mandalorians. They are constructed from a reactive, polymer-enhanced material reinforced by beskar plates. When worn, crushgaunts increase a wearer’s grip strength to the point that they can shatter bone, crush durasteel, destroy weapons, and perform other deadly feats of strength. Thanks to their peculiar construction and beskar reinforcement, crushgaunts can even turn a lightsaber blade.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/5/15/taking-flight/

On 5/27/2019 at 2:23 PM, Marinealver said:

Cortosis.

Luke hit Vader pretty solidly on the shoulder in Empire and Vader only grunted, didn't seem to impede him in any way.

For that matter, the guard rails in the throne room in Jedi (and, I think, on the catwalk in Bespin) take some really heavy blows and it is only the one that cuts off Vader's arm that slices through them.

5 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Beskar alloys work too. :)

Guess his whole skeleton was made out of that, who knew that Quigon Qubyn made wolverine without claws.

13 hours ago, kris40k said:

Oh, this isn't a KotOR only thing, its alive and well in current canon material...

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/5/15/taking-flight/

I don't believe Roleplaying games are canon.. I mean, by the nature of them, a player can kill Luke Skywalker, Han, or any character. They seem to include a number of things that haven't shown in films/comics. Crushgaunts don't seem to be in the databank on StarWars.com

2 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I don't believe Roleplaying games are canon.. I mean, by the nature of them, a player can kill Luke Skywalker, Han, or any character. They seem to include a number of things that haven't shown in films/comics. Crushgaunts don't seem to be in the databank on StarWars.com

What occurs during an individual playing session has no expectation to be considered canon. But they should be using approved source material with the license.

3 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Crushgaunts are in canon sources, but I don't think the lightsaber bending is. Star Wars: The Last Jedi Visual Spoiler and Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide. I don't have any info about what's actually said about them in those sources, though.

37 minutes ago, kris40k said:

What occurs during an individual playing session has no expectation to be considered canon. But they should be using approved source material with the license.

I'm pretty sure none of the FFG SW RPG stuff is not generally considered canon, although what they put out seems to be shaped by the new canon stuff coming out, and they sometimes add details to existing canon concepts and those added details are sometimes taken as canon even if they aren't established in a proper canon source.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:46 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Julian Glover and Laing Yaing are the only two that I find has not had an embarrassing role. (Apologies to Brienne of Phasma).

Then again embarrassment is a part of acting life.

Netflix signed Benioff and Weiss

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun
1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Does this affect the Star Wars films or is that wholly separate because the Netflix deal is TV?

As it says in the article, they still have prior commitments to uphold.

6 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Darth-vader-noooo-gif-4.gif

8 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Meh.

Honestly, not shocked at all by this news. I kind of thought they might be able to do political intrigue in Star Wars better than its been done before but maybe they really don't fit the universe that well.

On 5/28/2019 at 10:31 PM, Forgottenlore said:

Luke hit Vader pretty solidly on the shoulder in Empire and Vader only grunted, didn't seem to impede him in any way.

For that matter, the guard rails in the throne room in Jedi (and, I think, on the catwalk in Bespin) take some really heavy blows and it is only the one that cuts off Vader's arm that slices through them.

This. ^