Benioff and Weiss’ Film Canceled (Variety Article now included)

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

9hwds5kbnan21.jpg

Should they use The Old Republic Trooper armour as a template or go all new?

I think they should go full blown, Tales of the Jedi aesthetic. The Old Republic visuals looked too much like the Prequels and Original Trilogy to sell the fact that it was supposedly millennia prior to anything we had seen in the films. At least KoTOR had made efforts to differentiate itself from the look of the films (ship and weapon design especially) to at least offer a veneer of being in a different time period.

Knowing those two its going to be pretty gritty.

I kind of hope for a rated R Star Wars movie. I severely doubt it will ever happen though.

Edited by Jo Jo
22 hours ago, AceDogbert said:

I think they should go full blown, Tales of the Jedi aesthetic. The Old     Republic visuals looked too much like the Prequels and Original Trilogy to sell the fact that it was supposedly millennia prior to anything we had seen in the films.

Are you refereing to the series where the ships were hollowed out giant insects, and the lightsabers had backpacks?

22 hours ago, AceDogbert said:

A        t  least KoTOR had made efforts to differentiate itself from the look of the films (ship and weapon design especially) to at least offer a  v  eneer of being in a different time period.  

You mean the game with the It’s Totally Not Millenium Falcon ™️ And the Totally Not TIE Fighters ™️ And even Not Bacta ™️ ? Oh.. I forgot the faceless numerous enemies that were Totally Not Stormtroopers ™️ .

Kotor was a lazy piece of garbage game. Boring mechanics, boring story, and boring design that ripped off the otiginal series elements - disfigured sith lord, disposable enemy ships, assymetric hero ship.. the whole game was an unsubtle wink to players to let then know it was a star wars game, and made thd ridiculous notion that no new technology would get invented for 10,000 years, all the while you manage a loot system, while battling in cortosis underwear.

Now, yes, The Old Republic MMO was even worse with designs, making ships that so closely resemble TIE fighters if is appaling.

Now, despite them being Totally Not Stormtroopers ™️ In kotor I did appreciate the design of the Sith Troopers. I just wish they weren't used in such an obvious way. I did like the Selkath alien design however.

There was just too much design in the games both story and visually thoug, that was boring and predictable. I tried to like kotor, but I could not.

On 3/21/2019 at 5:54 AM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

9hwds5kbnan21.jpg

Should they use The Old Republic Trooper armour as a template or go all new?

I hope new., the utterly lazy design of both kotor and the old republic should be expunged with extreme prejudice.

tvOL6Yx.jpg

MtO9m0h.jpg

On 3/22/2019 at 7:51 AM, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Are you refereing to the series where the ships were hollowed out giant insects, and the lightsabers had backpacks?

You mean the game with the It’s Totally Not Millenium Falcon ™️ And the Totally Not TIE Fighters ™️ And even Not Bacta ™️ ? Oh.. I forgot the faceless numerous enemies that were Totally Not Stormtroopers ™️ .

Kotor was a lazy piece of garbage game. Boring mechanics, boring story, and boring design that ripped off the otiginal series elements - disfigured sith lord, disposable enemy ships, assymetric hero ship.. the whole game was an unsubtle wink to players to let then know it was a star wars game, and made thd ridiculous notion that no new technology would get invented for 10,000 years, all the while you manage a loot system, while battling in cortosis underwear.

Now, yes, The Old Republic MMO was even worse with designs, making ships that so closely resemble TIE fighters if is appaling.

Now, despite them being Totally Not Stormtroopers ™️ In kotor I did appreciate the design of the Sith Troopers. I just wish they weren't used in such an obvious way. I did like the Selkath alien design however.

There was just too much design in the games both story and visually thoug, that was boring and predictable. I tried to like kotor, but I could not.

But tell us how you really feel

On 3/22/2019 at 8:51 AM, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I liked the story of KOTOR a lot, but it didn't need to be thousands of years before the OT. Honestly, it didn't need to be Star Wars at all...

v00ewr17j8y21.jpg

The Empire vs House Lannister

Deathstarys!!!

Man, this last season of Game of Thrones does not bode well for the future Star Wars trilogy.

I'm less excited than I once was. It's possible that they'll handle this better than they have the closing episodes of GOT. I'm much more reserved in my hope on that front now.

On 4/26/2019 at 4:48 AM, Odanan said:

I liked the story of KOTOR a lot, but it didn't need to be thousands of years before the OT. Honestly, it didn't need to be Star Wars at all...

The wanted to make a Star Wars story, but they needed enough legroom where they could make a huge, galaxy spanning threat, adventure and important heroes without it impacting any of then-canon books and media. It needed to be able to make waves that would have settled out by the time of the existing Star Wars timelines without anyone wondering why no one else was talking about this Star Forge and those particular Sith Lords and such if it was recent history.

I'm starting to think (and many others) that the rushed quality of the last season of GOT is because they just wanted to move on and get into this Star Wars trilogy.

Given what has been said about HBO willing to give them a blank check, it makes sense.

Despite the last 2 episodes, I still have genuinely enjoyed this season, and don't necessarily see enough to be worried about their their trilogy.

6 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I'm less excited than I once was. It's possible that they'll handle this better than they have the closing episodes of GOT. I'm much more reserved in my hope on that front now.

Sure. If they can find a talented writer capable of weaving together a compelling, multi-layered narrative that can keep pace with the production of their series, they should be fine.

18 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Sure. If they can find a talented writer capable of weaving together a compelling, multi-layered narrative that can keep pace with the production of their series, they should be fine.

Articles I've seen say they are writing this as well. Would not be surprised if more writers are brought in as well but yeah.

On 3/22/2019 at 6:51 AM, That Blasted Samophlange said:

You are talking about this KOTOR right?

Metacritic: 93%

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic

Keengamer: 8.8/10

https://www.keengamer.com/article/14816_star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-review

Eurogamer: 9/10

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/r_starwarskotor_x

2004 Game of the year

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Developers_Choice_Awards

To each their own, but wow. A lot of hate for an amazing game.

45 minutes ago, Ccwebb said:

I can kind of relate, everyone loved KOTOR except me. Most of my friends loved the game, my son loved the game and still does, I couldn’t stand it myself. I never liked the gameplay but did love several of the characters. The gameplay was about as enjoyable as watching paint dry for me. Sometimes we don’t like a game because the gameplay doesn’t appeal to us, whether or not it’s a great game is subjective,even to the people who gave it those awards, and yes, I was trying it when it was winning those awards.

Edited by Vykk Draygo
Spelling
1 hour ago, Ccwebb said:

To each their own       , but wow.        A lot of hate for an amazing game.   

To certain points of view it is a lot of adulation for a game steeped in mediocrity.

13 hours ago, Vykk Draygo said:

I can kind of relate, everyone loved KOTOR except me. Most of my friends loved the game, my son loved the game and still does, I couldn’t stand it myself. I never liked the gameplay but did love several of the characters. The gameplay was about as enjoyable as watching paint dry for me. Sometimes we don’t like a game because the gameplay doesn’t appeal to us, whether or not it’s a great game is subjective,even to the people who gave it those awards, and yes, I was trying it when it was winning those awards.

I'm betting they also rate the FF series gameplay highly... I liked the story, tech and locations in KOTOR and KOTOR 2. The Final Fantasy style gameplay was irksome (I despise turn based combat), as was the gen 3 console game style difficulty spike and rails of KOTOR 2.

I'd say invite them to a Red Wedding and Never let them leave!

CAUTION: Language

5 hours ago, Marinealver said:

I'd say invite them to a Red Wedding and Never let them leave!

CAUTION: Language

angry guy posts angry review

news at 11