Recruitment: Futile Resistance

By Stormbourne, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

gonna be starting my own survival campaign set during the imperial dominance based off firefly and serenity. I'm looking for 5-6 players with a new character each, preferably EotE but the other two are still welcome, if restricted in number (if you wish to carry a existing character over PM me).

creation abnormalities:

each character may have a unique item for free with my approval e.g. pets, locked holocrons. NO LIGHTSABERS

everyone has a bounty or criminal record, with a strength of 10, on top of any other obligation, morality, or duty

if left unstated it is RAW or unrestricted.

my current idea for GM duties is to do a mission buy mission rotation so if you have a scenario that you would like to run say so in the OOC

closed player list:

@SithArissa

@player3333902

@Zhigon

@btmaja

@Edgehawk

@Sincereagape

Edited by Stormbourne

Ok, soujds interesting. Will see whether I have time to join. Currently thinking of either importing akua, making a new padawan char or just make a smuggler.

10 hours ago, player3333902 said:

Ok, soujds interesting. Will see whether I have time to join. Currently thinking of either importing akua, making a new padawan char or just make a smuggler.

sounds good

I’d be interested. Never done a bounty hunter before so might do something in that vein.

just to try and keep unnecessary PvP to a minimum the others bounty and yours will be from the same people

3 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

just to try and keep unnecessary PvP to a minimum the others bounty and yours will be from the same people

Figured that much. :D

I'm definitely interested.

I'm tentatively interested, though I appear to be something of a harbinger of death to PbPs on these boards.

Also... with the title... should we all be making be making cy Borg characters?

4 hours ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

I'm tentatively interested, though I appear to be something of a harbinger of death to PbPs on these boards.

Also... with the title... should we all be making be making cy Borg characters?

le sigh

once i have all of your character sheets we can start

1 hour ago, Stormbourne said:

once i have all of your character sheets we can start

If you're still open to a 6th player, I tweaked this character from another pbp that never really got off the ground.

http://swsheets.com/c/tyng40yiy-lance-deckard

Unique items: Rocket Boots and Smuggler's Trenchcoat? They kinda go with the concept, but the trench can just be fluff if you'd prefer.

Edited by Edgehawk
Link
35 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

If you're still open to a 6th player, I tweaked this character from another pbp that never really got off the ground.

http://swsheets.com/c/tyng40yiy-lance-deckard

Unique items: Rocket Boots and Smuggler's Trenchcoat? They kinda go with the concept, but the trench can just be fluff if you'd prefer.

welcome aboard quill. rocket boots are okayed but if you want the smuggler's trench coat you'll have to buy that

Sorry, you’ll have to give me awhile to make my char, due to life. Its not easy XD

4 minutes ago, player3333902 said:

Sorry, you’ll have to give me awhile to make my char, due to life. Its not easy XD

all good

2 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

welcome aboard quill. rocket boots are okayed but if you want the smuggler's trench coat you'll have to buy that

Dropped the 5xp I had invested in Skulduggery, and upgraded to the +2500€ option, to purchase the trench (subtracting the 150€ balance from my funds).

But... I just realized that Rocket Boots suck! Handling adds 3 Setback dice?! Would Jump Boots be a viable alternative, just with a limited ceiling, or do they require the silly hand controllers in the wookieepedia image? @Stormbourne

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/R82_Jump_Boots

Edited by Edgehawk
Boots
7 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Dropped the 5xp I had invested in Skulduggery, and upgraded to the +2500€ option, to purchase the trench (subtracting the 150€ balance from my funds).

But... I just realized that Rocket Boots suck! Handling adds 3 Setback dice?! Would Jump Boots be a viable alternative, just with a limited ceiling, or do they require the silly hand controllers in the wookieepedia image? @Stormbourne

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/R82_Jump_Boots

having a look at the two you can start with the rocket boots, for ND 53, and latter augment them into jump boots, SoR 115.

Edited by Stormbourne
42 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

having a look at the two you can start with the rocket boots, for ND 53, and latter augment them into jump boots, SoR 115.

The thing with the boots.. if I can pretty much expect to fail every check (which 3 black dice would mostly ensure).. I will probably just write them out of my concept, and opt for a different "unique item."

By "augment them into" do you mean improve handling, increase speed, add hand controls (which I do not particularly want); oddly, the jump boots are both less rare and less expensive than the better handling rocket boots.

Also.. how much later?

Maybe I'll just get a pet.

3 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

The thing with the boots.. if I can pretty much expect to fail every check (which 3 black dice would mostly ensure).. I will probably just write them out of my concept, and opt for a different "unique item."

By "augment them into" do you mean improve handling, increase speed, add hand controls (which I do not particularly want); oddly, the jump boots are both less rare and less expensive than the better handling rocket boots.

Also.. how much later?

Maybe I'll just get a pet.

by augment i mean completely replace over time, and since this is a survival campaign whenever you get the tools i don't know how long that would take

if you want to post images i would suggest imgur

Edited by Stormbourne

@SithArissa Nay @player3333902 @Hchar @btmaja @oneeyedmatt87 @Edgehawk indifferent @Sincereagape

hardcore survival:

with out proper faculties, like bacta-tanks/repair shops, medicine and repairs can only restore half of damage dealt

and

critical injuries need heal rolls equal to their difficulty to be removed completely e.g. minor nick needs one roll, the end it nigh (with some augmentation to fit this rule) needs four to heal

yay, nay, one and not the other?

Edited by Stormbourne

Nay

1 minute ago, SithArissa said:

Nay

since you responded before i edited it im assuming that you are completely opposed to the second part

The rules for this game are bad enough without homebrew.

33 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

The rules for this game are bad enough without homebrew.

that is why i made it a vote

Edited by Stormbourne

Crunch-wise, I'll go with whatever..

Regarding the survival aspect of the campaign.. I will probably nix the boots idea in favor of something that does not require a replenishable fuel source.

Also.. much of my skillset is based around social skills, civil even.. and all of the talents I've selected to start. I don't need to be awesome at everything, but.. will there be an opportunity to use any these, in the foreseeable future? I try not to look too far ahead with PBPs, and would like my PC to be able to contribute meaningfully in some way. @Stormbourne

Edited by Edgehawk