Recruitment: Futile Resistance

By Stormbourne, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Interested. But I do not understand the concept. Is this Hunger Games where we all are in an arena and fight each other? Or are we a team who are being hunted like sport by some type of entity?

10 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

Interested. But I do not understand the concept. Is this Hunger Games where we all are in an arena and fight each other? Or are we a team who are being hunted like sport by some type of entity?

More the latter then the former but without a specific/single entity

and okay your the last player

Edited by Stormbourne
12 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

More the latter then the former but without a specific/single entity

and okay your the last player

Great! Thank you.

My first character idea is a racist Rodian supremacist (Diplomat - Agitator) who hates anyone none Rodian and who is secretly using the team to survive, and who without a moments hesitation would sell them out to the highest bidder. But for the sake of team unity, I will scrap this idea.

Second character are more likely for the campaign --- Smuggler - Pilot (Species to be determined) .

@Stormbourne Do we have a group resource or starting ship?

Special item request: (Both from Fly Casual).

Either

1. Raider Arms - Model 1 "Nova Viper" Blaster Pistol

2. Czerka Arms C-10 "Dragon Reaper" Heavy Blaster Pistol

Edited by Sincereagape
11 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

Great! Thank you.

My first character idea is a racist Rodian supremacist (Diplomat - Agitator) who hates anyone none Rodian and who is secretly using the team to survive, and who without a moments hesitation would sell them out to the highest bidder. But for the sake of team unity, I will scrap this idea.

Second character are more likely for the campaign --- Smuggler - Pilot (Species to be determined) .

@Stormbourne Do we have a group resource or starting ship?

Special item request:

Either

1. Raider Arms - Model 1 "Nova Viper" Blaster Pistol 

2. Czerka Arms C-10 "Dragon Reaper" Heavy Blaster Pistol 

group resources as well as unique items will be handed out in the beginning of the game but i wish to emphasise you do not spawn with them

nova viper allowed

Edited by Stormbourne

Is there a fixed amount of extra obligation we can take at the start?

3 minutes ago, btmaja said:

Is there a fixed amount of extra obligation we can take at the start?

Raw ten this doesn't include the ten the i have given you for this campaign thought you can stack it all up for a total of 25 (5 starting 10 campaign 10 augmented)

On 2/21/2019 at 12:16 AM, Edgehawk said:

Crunch-wise, I'll go with whatever..

Regarding the survival aspect of the campaign.. I will probably nix the boots idea in favor of something that does not require a replenishable fuel source.

Also.. much of my skillset is based around social skills, civil even.. and all of the talents I've selected to start. I don't need to be awesome at everything, but.. will there be an opportunity to use any these, in the foreseeable future? I try not to look too far ahead with PBPs, and would like my PC to be able to contribute meaningfully in some way. @Stormbourne

while not all situations i will certainly try to make it so you can play a character the way you wish it, be it shoot first ask later like jane, or talk your way out like mal or shepherd do on occasion

Last night I started a Rodian Bounty Hunter - Operator.

Still have a little exp to spend, need to purchase gear, and iron out another obligation. I’m thinking addiction to death sticks or spice.

44 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

Still have a little exp to spend, need to purchase gear, and iron out another obligation. I’m thinking addiction to death sticks or spice.

Sounds like fun

2 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

I was also looking at playing a Rodian (survivalist specialization,) so if you still wanna add the whole "Rodian supremacist" thing to your backstory, that might add an interesting party dynamic. Entirely up to you. Alternatively, if you don't like the idea of not being the only one in the party, I'm willing to switch to something else, since you posted your character idea first.

Just checking, is anyone a force user yet? If there is none, i might want to be one.

@Stormbourne , what do you think of my pc being either an apprentice inquisitor or an inquisitor, joining the crew due to wanting their help to search for jedi?

Either that, or I’ll just be a padawan who survived o66.

@btmaja feel free to make a rodian. I was mainly looking for a species with a bonus to agility. Found klatoonians from dangerous covenants, so I’ll switch over to them.

@Stormbourne instead of the nova arms. Can I start off with a superior blaster carbine instead?

@player3333902 didnt see anyone call to be a force user yet.

8 hours ago, player3333902 said:

Just checking, is anyone a force user yet? If there is none, i might want to be one.

@Stormbourne , what do you think of my pc being either an apprentice inquisitor or an inquisitor, joining the crew due to wanting their help to search for jedi?

Either that, or I’ll just be a padawan who survived o66.

I don't really want characters to have a current affiliation with the empire, though a exiled inquisitor acolyte is perfectly fine

5 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

@btmaja feel free to make a rodian. I was mainly looking for a species with a bonus to agility. Found klatoonians from dangerous covenants, so I’ll switch over to them.

@Stormbourne instead of the nova arms. Can I start off with a superior blaster carbine instead?

@player3333902 didnt see anyone call to be a force user yet.

i assume that you want a Blaster Carbine with the superiority attachment

9 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

i assume that you want a Blaster Carbine with the superiority attachment

Roger. Roger.

42 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

Roger. Roger.

Okay

On 2/20/2019 at 3:26 PM, Stormbourne said:

@SithArissa Nay @player3333902 @Hchar @btmaja @oneeyedmatt87 @Edgehawk indifferent @Sincereagape

hardcore survival:

with out proper faculties, like bacta-tanks/repair shops, medicine and repairs can only restore half of damage dealt

and

critical injuries need heal rolls equal to their difficulty to be removed completely e.g. minor nick needs one roll, the end it nigh (with some augmentation to fit this rule) needs four to heal

yay, nay, one and not the other?

I would vote "nay" on both.

HOWEVER. School has gotten super busy and honestly, from the drips and drabs of info we've gotten from Storm, it doesn't seem like it'll be my style of campaign.

So I'm going to duck out and free up a slot for someone who wants it.

Sorry about the delay in the response! I hope you all have fun!

3 minutes ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

I would vote "nay" on both.

HOWEVER. School has gotten super busy and honestly, from the drips and drabs of info we've gotten from Storm, it doesn't seem like it'll be my style of campaign.

So I'm going to duck out and free up a slot for someone who wants it.

Sorry about the delay in the response! I hope you all have fun!

Okay tis a shame about the scheduling problems

@Stormbourne agreed. Maybe next time. Good luck all!

how is character creation coming everyone

2 minutes ago, btmaja said:

http://swsheets.com/c/nwgvfj0g1-zeec-mejin

Almost done. I just need to figure out my gear and what free item I want. After that, I'll be good to go.

Because of course you went with the survivalist

2 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

Because of course you went with the survivalist

Haha, I've wanted to play this kind of character for a while. This campaign seemed appropriate for it.

16 hours ago, btmaja said:

Haha, I've wanted to play this kind of character for a while. This campaign seemed appropriate for it.

your a rodian so i think you got your will and presence mixed you also get the racial talent expert tracker

Edited by Stormbourne