Terrinoth Beastary: Converted creatures from other Terrinoth sources

By Archellus, in Realms of Terrinoth

Yeah, ****, and THANK YOU! There's really a ton of lore out there. And I've really been enjoying the treasure hunt!!! Archellus, have you seen my latest updates? A TON of creatures in the bestiary (and their source cards).

Note, some of these (like Razorwing variants, etc.) I have as tabs in the main entry. Some (like Dragon Hybrids) are just redundant, as I already have them as a race. But wow, there are a LOT that can still be added. Has to be well over 200 now (once I add these).

Still going through and adding all of the 2nd edition Runebound beasties...but also grabbed my 3rd edition cards to go through also. The map board of the 3rd edition game has some intriguing things on it too (so snapped pics of it to add content).

So, still quite a few to go, but already at a total of 256 entries in the Bestiary. (and that's not including additional sub items under a main entry (like Razorwing Larva, etc. being under it). Certainly no shortage of Terrinoth creatures. Within that, is: 12 creatures that make suitable, unique to Terrinoth familiars, 19 unique mounts, 8 examples of carnivorous flora, and the rest are races and monsters (sentient or not). Link again, just to be handy. https://www.scabard.com/pbs/campaign/235523/folder/243414

Thanks for this im on vacation this week chilling on a small Island here in Denmark.

Will make a list when i get back of the unique stuff and see if i can find the lore for it.

In nearly all cases, I included the source card for it (most are from Runebound), so likely not much lore than what is on the card. But, the card should give you a good idea of how strong it is, and it's abilities, etc. The source card is under the Character Sheet tab. I hope you are having a good time on your vacation!

(also, there's a new Terrinoth module, for $4, on Drive Thru RPG, by Darren West of FFG...) It's pretty nice, and has some additional lore for Strangehaven. (and part 1 of 3, and he mentioned a possible map for Strangehaven in part 2)....

Edited by IamGazrok
1 hour ago, IamGazrok said:

(also, there's a new Terrinoth module, for $4, on Drive Thru RPG, by Darren West of FFG...) It's pretty nice, and has some additional lore for Strangehaven. (and part 1 of 3, and he mentioned a possible map for Strangehaven in part 2)....

Just be aware that anything you find in the "Foundry" section of DriveThru RPG is a self-published fan work. That doesn't mean it's not a good adventure, of course, but it does mean that it's not canon.

Finally got them all added!

Except in this case, the module is created by an FFG employee and proofreader. ;)

@IamGazrok could you Tell me what the different symbols on the cards Mean? Like the helmet and hand etc.?

Ah, yes, in Runebound, the helmet is the attack hit/damage in the ranged attack phase, the hand is the same in the melee attack phase, and the other is in the magic attack phase.

So, basically, these numbers from 1 to 20 (typically) to hit, indicate how good they are at each of these attack types. If 0 damage, then they don't attack in that phase.

So im back from vacation. Took a brief look and decided to add some more frost themed monsters first. Started with the snow viper. Here is a first round at it. Ill add it to the bestiary later and do a major update. Need to do something with the image.

uc?id=1-SyAyqJvBAByz4cxhhVY97ZiEOgFZRJA

Yeah, many images are just what I could get from the card pics.

The site for all the cards is on a previous page of this thread.

It might be a long shot, but since they've released an art pack for their Foundry program, maybe you could try getting in touch with FFG to see if maybe they could provide you with some official art? Not sure if they do that, but it's worth a try?

one more critter :) still working a image solution this one is slightly better think it could work for those cards if i use the original image. This is still from the test bench have not added it to the right document yet.

uc?id=1Jl1ct2D4y2ARMO2iAPPp-yd6IpJjILAk

IamGarzok, I noticed a few more critters missing from your list. Did you opt to not include these for some reason?

Mists of Zanaga: Frogs of Muurkra

Drakes and Dragonspawn: Venomspawn

Shadows of Margath: Serpentspawn (Serpentspawn Shaman)

Beasts and Bandits: Wolf Riders

Crown of the Elder Kings: Doppelgänger (Sword Shifter); Rune Demon

Cult of the Rune: Bog Troll; Rune Dragon

Frozen Wastes: Blackwood Spirit, the Blackwood Horror, Coldflame Wisp, Cryomancer, Frozen Dead, Ice Witch, Rarrwarr

Island of Dread: Kar-Amag-Atoth, Slaggorath, Silite, Snake Dragon, Swamp Dragon, Viper-tailed Lurker

Sands of Al-Kalim: Darkness Drinker, Dragon of Kellos

Blade Dancer: Grasping Tentacles, River Stalker

Runemaster: Construct Golem, Relic Wraith

Spiritbound: Cave Troll, Elementalist, Lich King, River Guardian

Sure thing...

For most of these, they are likely listed as variants under one entry (like all the different Muurkras, or Mahkim)...

I didn't bother with roles though (if the card was same creature, just different job or outlook).

Mists of Zanaga: Frogs of Muurkra - These are listed as a Race (Muurkra)

Drakes and Dragonspawn: Venomspawn - Really the same thing as Race (Naga)

Shadows of Margath: Serpentspawn (Serpentspawn Shaman) - See above.

Beasts and Bandits: Wolf Riders - More of a role than a creature, so wasn't including all of these yet.

Crown of the Elder Kings: Doppelgänger (Sword Shifter); Rune Demon - Sword Shifter is there, Rune Demon is just a Demon variant

Cult of the Rune: B  og Troll; Rune Dragon - Bog Troll is a Troll variant, Rune Dragon is a dragon variant

Frozen Wastes: Blackwood Spirit, the Blackwood Horror, Coldflame Wisp, Cryomancer, Frozen Dead, Ice Witch, Rarrwarr - Most of these are there, except roles like Cryomancer or Ice Witch

Island of Dread: Kar-Amag-Atoth, Slaggorath, Silite, Snake Dragon, Swamp Dragon, Viper-tailed Lurker - these should be there.

Sands of Al-Kalim: Darkness Drinker, Dragon of Kellos - should be there, dragon is just a dragon though (with different beliefs)

Blade Dancer: Grasping Tentacles, River Stalker - there, except I think the stalker was a role.

Runemaster: Construct Golem, Relic Wraith - already redundant with golem and wraith, so likely put them as variants.

Spiritbound: Cave Troll, Elementalist, Lich King, River Guardian - Troll variant, then roles.

Note, some have the prefix: "SENTIENT", so maybe you didn't go down past MONSTER... ;)

Example, SENTIENT: Sword Shifter (Doppleganger)

4 hours ago, IamGazrok said:

Sure thing...

For most of these, they are likely listed as variants under one entry (like all the different Muurkras, or Mahkim)...

I didn't bother with roles though (if the card was same creature, just different job or outlook).

Mists of Zanaga: Frogs of Muurkra - These are listed as a Race (Muurkra)

Drakes and Dragonspawn: Venomspawn - Really the same thing as Race (Naga)

Shadows of Margath: Serpentspawn (Serpentspawn Shaman) - See above.

Beasts and Bandits: Wolf Riders - More of a role than a creature, so wasn't including all of these yet.

Crown of the Elder Kings: Doppelgänger (Sword Shifter); Rune Demon - Sword Shifter is there, Rune Demon is just a Demon variant

Cult of the Rune: B  og Troll; Rune Dragon - Bog Troll is a Troll variant, Rune Dragon is a dragon variant

Frozen Wastes: Blackwood Spirit, the Blackwood Horror, Coldflame Wisp, Cryomancer, Frozen Dead, Ice Witch, Rarrwarr - Most of these are there, except roles like Cryomancer or Ice Witch

Island of Dread: Kar-Amag-Atoth, Slaggorath, Silite, Snake Dragon, Swamp Dragon, Viper-tailed Lurker - these should be there.

Sands of Al-Kalim: Darkness Drinker, Dragon of Kellos - should be there, dragon is just a dragon though (with different beliefs)

Blade Dancer: Grasping Tentacles, River Stalker - there, except I think the stalker was a role.

Runemaster: Construct Golem, Relic Wraith - already redundant with golem and wraith, so likely put them as variants.

Spiritbound: Cave Troll, Elementalist, Lich King, River Guardian - Troll variant, then roles.

OK, makes sense. Roleplayers love variants, so I hope you choose to include those at some point. Just a few other comments.

Frogs of Muurkra seems be tainted mundane frogs, not the sentient frog people.

Venomspawn, Serpentspawn - From what I can tell, Naga don't have arms in Runebound lore, but these guys do. Seems to be a different critter.

Doppelgänger - You have Doppelshadow, but not Doppelgänger. They seem to be different; one replicates the whole person, while the other only replicates the shadow.

Blackwood Spirit, Blackwood Horror, Coldflame Wisp, Frozen Dead (unless same as Frost Shade), and Rarrwarr are all missing from your site, actually.

Kar-Amag,-Atoth, Slaggorath, Silite, Snake Dragon, Swamp Dragon, Viper-tailed Lurker: None is showing up for me on the page. Are you sure they're published as public?

Darkness Drinker is missing (again, unless it's not published)

Grasping Tentacles is not showing up for me.

Rune Golem - Can't find it. Seems to be pretty unique, and most of your other golems are listed by type (flesh, coral, etc.)

Relic Wraith - seems to be different. It's a wraith that is attached to a specific relic. Maybe deserves to be added to the Wraith page, at least.

Construct Golem - Seems to be more of a mechanical golem, or an enchanted suit of armor, or something. As with Rune Golem, your other golems are all separated out.

Again, love the site! Hope these lists have been helpful.

I'll go through it. Some may still be accidentally set to secret. Thanks for the list to double check.

"Venomspawn, Serpentspawn - From what I can tell, Naga don't have arms in Runebound lore, but these guys do. Seems to be a different critter. "

There seem to be two kinds of "Naga" in Terrinoth lore. One is the Descent creature, and the other is the more humanoid race mentioned in the Realms of Terrinoth book. At least that's how I'm reading it.

From the many different Muurkran cards, they appear to be the froglike humanoids. (and no other name is given for them). Specifically, look at the Porter card, for example.

Hmm...

Sword Shifter is here. (not secret). https://www.scabard.com/pbs/campaign/235523/character/333827

For the Muurkrans, check here (character sheet tab), to see the porter (with arms)... https://www.scabard.com/pbs/campaign/235523/character/336235

For the Naga (race), I'll add in the Serpentspawn and Venomspawn cards

Yes, I was lumping Frozen Dead with Frozen Shade. The others are odd, as I recall pulling the pics for them, but thanks, I'll add them (or add them back)....weird.

" Kar-Amag,-Atoth, Slaggorath, Silite, Snake Dragon, Swamp Dragon, Viper-tailed Lurker: None is showing up for me on the page. Are you sure they're published as public? "

The named people are not in the beastiary folder, but instead in Official NPCs. Seems I missed some of the others, weird. Thanks.

I honestly think I have some kind of issue where I'm missing some entries, so I'll follow up on that software wise. Thanks.

Got this far, so far....

Mists of Zanaga: Frogs of Muurkra - Explanation previously given.

Drakes and Dragonspawn: Venomspawn - Added card to Race: Naga entry

Shadows of Margath: Serpentspawn (Serpentspawn Shaman) - Added card to Race: Naga entry

Beasts and Bandits: Wolf Riders - More of a role than a creature (Goblins and Wolves listed separate)

Crown of the Elder Kings: Doppelgänger (Sword Shifter); Rune Demon - Sword Shifter already there, added Rune Demon card to Demon entry.

Cult of the Rune: Bog Troll; Rune Dragon - Bog Troll is already under Troll. Rune Dragon added.

Frozen Wastes: Blackwood Spirit, the Blackwood Horror, Coldflame Wisp, Cryomancer, Frozen Dead, Ice Witch, Rarrwarr - Blackwood Spirit card added to Zombie entry. Blackwood Horror, Coldflame Wisp, and Cryomancer entries added. Frozen Dead card already added to Frost Shade. Ice Witch is actually Ice Lich, and already there. Rarrwarr is just a named Dire Wolf. (not a separate creature). ;)

Still have to go through the others....but thank you!