Terrinoth Beastary: Converted creatures from other Terrinoth sources

By Archellus, in Realms of Terrinoth

Cool, thanks. The only one I I disagree with you about is the Frogs of Muurkra.

card.php?card=mz_green_014.jpg

To me, the card is referring to mundane frogs that have been tainted or changed somehow. The other two cards (below) are talking about a sentient race of frog-like humanoids. In other words, we have frogs, and we have Muurkrans, but the frogs are just monsters, while the Muurkrans are a race. But I admit that it's not entirely clear. Maybe the sentient guys all have sharp teeth?

card.php?card=mz_green_013.jpg

card.php?card=mz_items_015.jpg

Yeah, it's a bit dodgy, kind of like the Naga thing....

I see your point though. I'll add them as tainted frogs just for completeness.

Grasping Tentacles is actually the same pic as the Kraken. The River Dweller looks the same as the Croxigor. That's why I didn't add those two. Still going through the rest. Added a few more. (and added a folder for just dragons, as Terrinoth has a pretty large variety of them. https://www.scabard.com/pbs/campaign/235523/folder/342104

OK, that should be all of 'em now... :D

To see what I mean about the Naga as a race, see the Naga Centurion card. ;)

The funny part is, I decided to use the D&D Yaun-Ti as the Naga race before ever even seeing the Runebound cards, LOL.... glad it worked out, since one of my PCs picked that race.

Interestingly, one we both missed = (added now though)

Nothaala Shellbeast

Renamed the Vampire bats to Zanga Vampire bats mostly because i did not have any monsters with Z yet in the book :)

Note, as I find other sources with GENESYS stats for things, they get moved out of the folder (the one for those needing Genesys stats)...so if you see an entry, look to see if it has a GENESYS stats tab. If you're adding any to your bestiary.

Example, I found stats for dinosaurs (called Saurians, in Terrinoth lore)....

https://www.scabard.com/pbs/campaign/235523/character/340619

Edited by IamGazrok

Archellus, the Zanagan Tiger and Zanagan Python both already have this in their official name. ;)

Is there a link for your bestiary that has updates? The link I followed was still the same pdf.

Edited by IamGazrok
1 minute ago, IamGazrok said:

Note, as I find other sources with GENESYS stats for things, they get moved out of the folder (the one for those needing Genesys stats)...so if you see an entry, look to see if it has a GENESYS stats tab. If you're adding any to your bestiary.

sure thing. But not all stats are created equal :) even if someone else did stats for a create i might make my own version. Right now you guys posted so many beast i have a lot to choose from. Trying to find stuff i lack which at the moment are more frost creatures and lots of animals. Still trying to find unique descriptions mostly by looking at the FFG website. When i did the Decent monsters the wiki had all sorts of information https://descent2e.fandom.com/wiki/Bone_Horror

So just size and special attacks informs alot. Your explanation of the icons on the cards did help though.

Zanagan Python should be equal to Giant Snake ROT p. 258

Zanagan Tiger i can stat up but will most likely be 99% identical to Leonx ROT p. 180.

I have not updated the PDF yet. Will do by the end of the week :)

OK, thanks, I just wanted to be sure I was following the right link. Yeah, I get that the card info is vague...it was just cool to find so many critters in a canon source. I suspect there are quite a few creatures where a similar template for stats can be found, for example the Sabrecat is likely going to be very similar to the Zanagan Tiger, except for something about speed. (and like you said, both will likely be similar to the Leonx)

Yep kinda like the bats. Reskin of the Nano Swarm from the GCRB.

uc?id=1CbS3v4mEbUm0eFGzwjijpoTTaf-yxyTh

I really have to look more through the main Genesys sourcebook. I've been trying to learn this system by more of a shotgun approach...lol.

So new version is now up.

Added 6 more creatures. Armored Specter, Ice Spiker, Snow Viper, Ventala Warden, Wolf, Wolf (Dire), Zanaga Vampire Bat Swarm

May they roll many triumphs

Kinda broke my index in the back its still kinda usefull for locating the official creatures ill try to fix it in future releases.

I really love how you translated the info on the cards, for example, with the Snow Viper. very, very nice!

On 8/26/2019 at 4:04 PM, IamGazrok said:

I really love how you translated the info on the cards, for example, with the Snow Viper. very, very nice!

Just after I mention the snow viper in another thread i find it's already here- clearly we're a hive mind :)