My attempt at painting IA

By Utforskarn, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

13 hours ago, Spidey NZ said:

mmmmm those leather Shoulder pads on the weequay. Breathtaking

Thanks a lot Spidey!

I just picked up IA core game a couple weeks ago and have been playing using the app and am absolutely hooked. I've also decided that I want to paint my minitures and have already spent hours watching @Sorastro 's videos among others and looking at tons of photos. It truly amazes me the detail you folks can get into these. @Utforskarn , I must say these are among the best miniatures I've seen and absolutely love Captain Terro. He has not been on my "to get" list but after seeing what you've done with him, especially the leather work, I think he will get added. I wasn't a fan of the clear bases either as I think basing is such a unique artform in and of itself but yours look great. I'm not going to lie though, I'd love to see some of yours with terrain bases.

I'm in the process of finishing up my first few. They definitely aren't that great, but better than if I had never tried learning from others' work and I'm happy with them for enhancing gameplay so I guess that's what matters!

On 9/11/2019 at 4:42 PM, rdennett14 said:

I must say these are among the best miniatures I've seen and absolutely love Captain Terro.

First of all, thank you very much :)

I personally don’t think my minis even come close to some of the work on these boards but the fact that you think so warms my heart a little 😁

@Sorastro ’s tutorials are a fantastic way to start painting IA-minis and I would not have come far without them. So I very much think you made a good choice by checking them out.

Yea, I have zero experience with basing and part of my decision to go with clear bases is that it’s an ”easy” way out ;) I agree that good looking bases are a great addition to almost any painted miniature and I do want to get into that part of the hobby too.

I’m looking forward to seeing your work soon :)

Wow... these are masterwork!

12 hours ago, CECtheRonin said:

Wow... these are masterwork!

Thanks Ronin! :)