Star Wars: For the Empire! OOC

By Von3679, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Is it possible to do both? But between the 2, i kinda lean towards deathtrooper. And ok, thanks! Will look at those specs.

1 hour ago, player3333902 said:

Is it possible to do both? But between the 2, i kinda lean towards deathtrooper. And ok, thanks! Will look at those specs.

Both, as in you running two distinct PCs? No.. and I think combining the two into a single concept might be a bit much..

Yeah, i was thinkin of running 2 pcs. But if i can’t, it’s fine then :) wats the creds we hv? Any starting equipment too? I’ll be doing a human female death trooper, abit like admiral daala. She worked real hard to get whr she is, beating all the discrimination and abuse she faced. Side note, she’s lesbian if dats fine wif the players?

Oh and im wondering do y’all normally throw more xp into characteristics durin character creation or do u guys prefer to get ranks and talents?

I don't really feel like starting a new game tbh right now so I think I'll pass.

Hmmm... a inquisitor oc doesnt sound dat bad now though XDDD.

Still waitin fr the rise of the separatists sourcebook to be out. They have 3 sourcebooks which r preorderable... i rlly wanna see those new specs and species XD.

If i change my mind to do a inquisitor, do u accept rare species? Like pantorans? I cant rmb if zeltrons r a legit species published yet, but those 2 r kinda interestin fr me.

I'm definitely still down.

17 hours ago, player3333902 said:

If i change my mind to do a inquisitor, do u accept rare species? Like pantorans? I cant rmb if zeltrons r a legit species published yet, but those 2 r kinda interestin fr me.

Either would be fine for an Inquisitor. If you go with Zeltron, use the Unofficial Species Menagerie.

5 hours ago, btmaja said:

I'm definitely still down.

Great! Welcome aboard.

ALL: My life is going to be fairly busy for the next month or so. Let's set a start-date for Wednesday, May 22.

In the interim, I will be recruiting (I'd like to start with 4-5 players) and we might get things rolling sooner with a shakedown cruise of sorts.

Its ok. :) im now thinkin along the lines of a emperor’s hand like mara jade. Wld dat be ok?

35 minutes ago, player3333902 said:

Its ok. :) im now thinkin along the lines of a emperor’s hand like mara jade. Wld dat be ok?

I'm only passingly familiar with much of the Legends material, but I suspect this would be beyond the scope of Starting XP +30. Through a combination of influence and talent, the PCs will be starting in relevant positions aboard a small capital ship together.. probably not that relevant, however.

Also, your missions will be more on the frontier, or the edge of the empire. Away from the overwhelming resources that could otherwise be brought to bear.

Just realised. May 22 is my bday. So i hv a bday present to look forward to alr! XD

4 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

I'm only passingly familiar with much of the Legends material, but I suspect this would be beyond the scope of Starting XP +30. Through a combination of influence and talent, the PCs will be starting in relevant positions aboard a small capital ship together.. probably not that relevant, however.

Also, your missions will be more on the frontier, or the edge of the empire. Away from the overwhelming resources that could otherwise be brought to bear.

Ah its ok. Emperor’s hands dont rlly hv much support, because they r only known to exist by palpatine and a few others, but palps does send them equipment and stuff. They normally do stealth missions and stuff, eg rooting out rebellions/unloyal ppl imo, and can be used fr assassinations and info gathering too. If they don’t fit the context, then its fine :)

how much starting creds to we hv? And wat equipment wld be given fr free?

Which specs seem best fr a force focused damager? I kinda want a mix between a good saber duelist and a slight better force power use. Cse my force sensitive pcs hv been v lightsaber focused XD

1 hour ago, player3333902 said:

Ah its ok. Emperor’s hands dont rlly hv much support, because they r only known to exist by palpatine and a few others, but palps does send them equipment and stuff. They normally do stealth missions and stuff, eg rooting out rebellions/unloyal ppl imo, and can be used fr assassinations and info gathering too. If they don’t fit the context, then its fine :)

how much starting creds to we hv? And wat equipment wld be given fr free?

After reading a bit, Hand could work, if you'd prefer spec ops to hunting forcies. Gear is flexible, but if you're starting with a lightsaber, that will be the big-ticket item.

Again, its Starting XP +30, so being awesome with a lightsaber and Force powers (or even just one or the other) is unlikely. You may select one of the force sensitive universal specs, at least one of which has some lightsaber utility.

Choose a career to achieve your goals and implement your anticipated methods. Inquisitor? Maybe Investigator or Sentry? Hand? Perhaps Executioner or Shadow? There are many possibilities. You have to consider what you want your character to do, and how.

Alright, thanks! Oooo. Shadow sounds fun XD. I think i’ll stick to lightsabers first, and i’ll get the force powers later on.

Where can i find the executioner spec?

nvm, found it. Frm wat it looks, executioner seems abit more like an assassiny...? Spec? Whe i focus on assassinating villains. Shadow seems more like a snoop and find out thing.

Edited by player3333902

Going with the zeltron hand.

what are the free equipment I can get other than a lightsaber, and wat r my starting creds? I want her to hv a lightsaber, but it’s not a career skill, so i’m not sure if i shd invest in a lightsaber XD. I mean who doesn’t want a lightsaber? Though in all honesty, she’ll use it really rarely in view of hiding her identity... gonna give her the basic move and enchance, maybe with a few extra for enchance to let her be more speedy. I’m seeing her as an assassin, the types who poses as a courtesan but kills when she is alone. And she can be a sniper too. Maybe attending the party, heading to the “washroom” and sniping before coming back and panicking with the crowd.

http://swsheets.com/c/no255orsj-veitra-

If we decide to do hunting forces though, i think my DT will be better suited. She does seem much more well rounded than my zeltron XD, given the extra xp the DT has lol.

Edited by player3333902

For the Zeltron, I specified using the Unofficial Species Menagerie. The species abilities Empathy and Pheromones should read as applying a single Setaback or Boost (respectively) to incoming or attempted Charm and Deception checks.

Also, as you originally gifted the Imperial Academy Cadet universal spec to all PCs, I am going with that for new characters as well- but expanding the option to include any appropriate universal spec. This means you could select Padawan Survivor (never mind the name) to gain Lightsaber as a career skill, and gain some Parry/ Reflect capability- also some other talents that might mesh very well with your character.

Starting gear... submit your requests, within reason. If you don't start with a lightsaber, that does not mean you can't acquire one later.

Either character could work, but I will need a decision soon, before I reach out to recruit new players. I will be opening an Inquisitor slot as an option, should you choose not to go with a force user.

I see, my bad for the species part. I thought the one i found was the same as the one from the meneagerie. Will look at it again.

Alright, i’ll start with a padawan survivor universal, since my pc wld hv had training frm Palps.

Ok. I’m probably not doing anything bery fancy, at max a saber, a set of work clothes and a sniping rifle that is not too expensive.

I will take the zeltron hand as my pc.

Hmmm @Edgehawk , whr did u get ur meneagerie frm? The one i hv says the same thing as what i put on the form. Maybe mine is outdated?

Fr equipment, i’m thinking a basic lightsaber(crystal tbc, still lookin thru to find the crystals), a sakiyan shadow suit and a czerka arms model 57 homesteader hunting rifle

Just got an idea. Maybe the first mission(s) wld be my pc proving herself as an emperor’s hand and eventually she gets a kyber crystal, then has to build her own saber? Not sure which rules to use though.