The Circuit (IC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

32 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

The female officer flushes bright red as she ducks back into the pilot seat. The second officer leers at Lei as he lowers his weapon, sauntering forward towards her. "Listen little lady, I wouldn't mind a little fun, but there's no way I'm going to be able to just let you go. You may be cute, but not that cute. Now I can put a good word in for you, but that's the best I can offer, for now. So, you want to get in the back or do I need to get physical?"

"That won't do at all," Lei Mie replies, stroking her finger down his chest. "If you don't let me go, you won't get to have any fun."

Sonnray pats the Kyuzo reassuringly on the shoulder.

"I know your feelings on the matter. But just look outside. The chaos, the passion, the excess of feeling... this is the beating heart of the Empire! These people may lack the refinement that you and I are accustomed to, but they wield the power to topple governments, finance wars, and crown kinds. It is on the backs of the common people that Empires are built. Win their hearts, and you win the planet itself. That's what my parents never understood. Luckily, I understand these people a little better than they did. They lack refinement, but they make up for it with pure ardor. They're bored, you see. Bored and tired of trite politics and empty promises. What they need - what they desperately want - is spectacle. Excitement. Something new. And this is the perfect time and place to start giving it to them."

As Lei speaks to the officer, he would sigh and reach out to take her by the arm. "Don't say that, you'll break my heart" As he goes to lead her towards the back of the speeder he would sigh a little. "Sorry, nothing I can do, it'd be my **** in a sling if I let you go just like that. Just take it easy ok, and I'm sure we can work something out at the station".

Cormil pushes the speeder hard around the corner, losing control and skidding into an alley. Poodoo , he thinks as it slams into a garbage dumpster. Cormil flies off landing on what appears to be an old couch. Run , he thinks to himself. There's a tall fence at the end of the alley, solidly built. Not the sort of thing Corsec would try to run their speeder through. Well, it works on the holos , thinks Cormil as he takes a running jump and climbs over the fence.

As Cormil hits the floor he hears the tell-tale screech of the panther pulling to a halt where he had abandoned the speeder bike. As he rushes down the alley he can hear a woman shouting and cursing loudly, but no one comes over the fence after him. Chances are they would take his bike into custody. It might be tricky to get back himself, but it wasn't impossible.

Listening to his employers enthusiasm, the bodyguard would nod in response to Sonnray's words. "As you say sir", he would state simply. Dilhun knows his place in this business, and trusts that his boss know what he's doing (or at worst Dilhun can get him out of whatever trouble arises). "Unless you need anything else sir, I will turn in for the night".

Giving his employer a respectful nod, the Kyuzo turns and heads for the elegant apartment doors. Whoever designed this building knew that most residents of the upper levels would have some kind of security. A small living space had been built down the hall of the suite where Dilhun resided.

13 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

As Cormil hits the floor he hears the tell-tale screech of the panther pulling to a halt where he had abandoned the speeder bike. As he rushes down the alley he can hear a woman shouting and cursing loudly, but no one comes over the fence after him. Chances are they would take his bike into custody. It might be tricky to get back himself, but it wasn't impossible.

Cormil is exhausted and stumbles his way through the alleys and byways back to the garage. Zara will know what to do he thinks.

As Cormil unlocks the door to the now dark garage, he the door slides open, screeching a little as it does. They really should get around to fixing the door, but there was so many things to do really. The shop floor was large, concrete and smelled of grease and a little bit of rust. There were no speeders in today, no work with the race from the morning. Instead all the tools had been put away neatly for once. Dominating floor were two loading ramps used to raise any speeders up into the air for maintenance. There was a large back room for the storage of parts and their own vehicles during the day, and near the entrance was a small, walled off room with a grimy window. This doubled as an office and a rest room for breaks. It was well worn from the previous owners, complete with lumpy furniture, grimy windows peering outside and into the main floor, and a few odd stains here and there. After one too many, the sofa in the office had been a place to crash for everyone at least once. Other than Cormil, no one else was here, he was all alone.

When the coast is clear, Zara pulls out out of the alley they had been holed up in. Sirens can still be heard blaring in the distance, but Furiosa gets them back to the shop, without any further run-ins with the law.

She opens the garage, to park her swoop in the back- she and Krydil live in the tenements above the shop, and it's the most secure place to leave it at night.

"Oh, hey, Cormil. Glad you made it!" Sliding her swoop into its usual berth, she can't help but notice it is the only one there. "Where's your ride.. or should I ask..?"

Hanging her helmet on the handlebars, she sets the alarm and heads straight to the cooler for a beer. Bespin's Best?! Who buys this ****?! "Want one?" she offers to the guys, before unzipping her suit halfway and flopping onto a stained couch.

Hey Cormil, good thing your in one piece, way Zara was driving she only almost killed me a million times” Krydil locks eyes with Zara and playfully sticks out his tongue. When she mentions that the bike is missing he asks. “ Did you hide it so Corsec couldn’t track us?”

When Zara returns with the beer he notices the Bespin’s Best. “ You know I found those for free, some Rodian was giving em away.” Krydil makes his way to the cooler to get one himself he wanted to try one after he had got them. “ Couldn’t understand a word he said but it was free beer so I took the three 6 packs he had.” He saunters over to the couch and then sits by Zara waiting for Cormil to explain what happened to his bike.

On 6/6/2019 at 9:48 PM, Rabobankrider said:

As Lei speaks to the officer, he would sigh and reach out to take her by the arm. "Don't say that, you'll break my heart" As he goes to lead her towards the back of the speeder he would sigh a little. "Sorry, nothing I can do, it'd be my **** in a sling if I let you go just like that. Just take it easy ok, and I'm sure we can work something out at the station".

"I don't know about that," she says, slipping some cash into his pocket, as she nibbles his ear, and her pheromones drifting into his nostrils, making her suggestions even more agreeable. "After all, what'd you actually see? People having a party on a public beach? That's hardly a crime, now, is it? So, why don't you just say that whoever you were chasing got away from you, and you couldn't identify them."

Edited by Tramp Graphics
On 6/12/2019 at 10:57 AM, Shlambate said:

Hey Cormil, good thing your in one piece, way Zara was driving she only almost killed me a million times” Krydil locks eyes with Zara and playfully sticks out his tongue. When she mentions that the bike is missing he asks. “ Did you hide it so Corsec couldn’t track us?”

Comic looks sheepishly at Krydil, "Yeah, they're not going to track us back here. But, uh, I could really use some help getting the bike back. I sort of left it jammed into a dumpster."

I’m sure I could go help in the morning, after the Corsec have tired themselves of searching.” Krydil says then takes a sip of his free beer and realizes why it was of no charge. “ You know I now realize why those six packs were free. These aren’t well the best beer I’ve had.” He looks to Zara to get her opinion on the Bespin’s best.

Sonnray decides to get some sleep, tired as he is. He retires to his quarters and lies down, waiting for consciousness to leave him until the following morning.

As Lei applies the bribe, the officer grips her by the wrist, holding her hand between them for a moment. Reaching into her pocket he removes a second handful of credits with a leer. "Alright, you better get out of here, fast. If we see you again, we won't be able to let you go a second time.

Eventually, the morning came, and the crew either slept at the garage or dragged themselves home for what little sleep they could get before the sun rose. Fortunately there was no work to be done today, no repairs at any rate. Of course there may be work if they open up, but a day of recovery may be appreciated.

Of course, there was other business on the horizon. They would need to require Cormic's bike. Returning to the scene would show that it had been removed, most likely by corsec, or stolen by the local gangs. That was not all however. Traditionally the amateur race season began a week after the championships, leaving little time for the racers to prepare and gather racing funds. There was a lot of work to do if they wishes to make it into the competitions this year.

Sonnray would be woken by the smell and sound of cooking coming from the apartments kitchen. Making his way out of his large room he would find Dilhun stood over a stove, just finishing loading a plate pf food for his boss. Sonnray would spy a second plate on the side already used. It would seem that his bodyguard had already fet himself, it would be unseemly for him to sit down and eat at the same time after all.

"Good morning sir" the kyuzo would say as he places the plate on the table. "You will be pleased to know that you have no meetings today, so you have the day to yourself. I will be taking the speeder into town to have the pitch gyro refitted. If you wish I can chauffer you into the city on my way".

"Bad luck, Cormil. I'll be on the lookout for it, ask around. I'm off to replace the face shield that jerk busted with the side of his head."

As Zara takes off for the local swoop shop, she can't help thinking with excitement about the upcoming racing season. Wonder when Scorso's new circuit is going live... don't mind the underground, but if I keep finishing the way I have been..?!

She is a few years older than most riders are, when the talent scouts pick the pros, and being a woman doesn't help. It's now or never, if she's gonna make it big. Not wanting to think on it further, she does what she always does. She rides, taking Furiosa through her paces on the obstacle course just outside of town.

The 'local' swoop shop is a grimy affair, as is many of the shops dedicated to the sport around these parts. The walls were grimy and the sign set above the door was looking a little more than tatty. The inside of the store smelt strongly of rubber floor matting and the various greases and oils sold here. The walls were lined with racing suits, body armour, helmets and all manner of technical gear used to enhance the riding experience. The shop was a part of a chain under the name 'Gear Shift'. There were five or so regulars who run the store, but only three seemed to be in today. As Zara walks through the door she would see a young man in his mid twenties propping up the counter with his elbows. The beard that covered his chin made him look older however. He would glance up, stifling a yawn as he stands up. "Hey Zara, what's up?"

"Morning, Zeke. Need a new visor, maybe one that's a bit sturdier." Zara smiles. "Better for knocking punks upside the head. Speaking of..."

She goes on to regale the guy with her evening's exploits, and eventually gets around to inquiring about the fate of the missing swoop.

Leaving, Zara heads for the hills. Nothing like the mountains of her home, but she hugs the contours, weaving her way through and around the sparsely treed landscape. She has practiced here before, and has gotten quite good. Need to find something new...

Zeke would listen with mild interest as she talks before pushing himself away from the counter. "Alright, I'll get the visor for you. I think they're only fifteen credits at the minute. People keep breaking them, so we keep selling them". Returning with the replacement he continues. "I think I heard about the speeder, but I haven't seen it. Every year the Booster Blues take in a pretty big haul of bikes and anything else they can take off the drinkers. I know they were in the area, so if anyone got your bike it's probably them. I definitely know that it isn't in the corsec lot. They had a truck down that road when I cam into work, but no bike on the back.

Zara had heard of the Booster Blues, most people in the area had. They were an odd cross between a swoop gang, and scavengers. If you kept your wits about you, they were mostly harmless, and they never messed with the other gangs. Still, when in numbers they weren't to be messed with.

Sonnray rubs the sleep out of his eyes, then sits down and begins working on his breakfast. "That will be more than amenable, Dilhun. I think this morning is the perfect time to get the lay of the land, so to speak. I must get to know the area and its people if I am to operate here effectively."

Dilhun would nod slightly as he moves to remove the plate when empty. "Very well sir. If you notify me when you are ready to leave, I will bring the speeder around to the buildings entrance". As he stacks the plates neatly he turns back to continue talking. "Is there anywhere in particular you would like to go sir?"

Sonnray leans back, satisfied with his breakfast. "I've hit upon an idea this morning. Came to me after thinking about last night's events. Swoop races. The people love them. More than that, they idolize the people who provide it to them. Think about the celebrity these racers have accrued. Of course, most politicians think such things beneath them, which is ultimately their weakness. I, on the other hand, have no such prejudices. Imagine how much support I could accrue virtually overnight if I had my own stable of racers. This new league everyone's talking about, it's a virtually untapped resource. Which brings me to my business of the day. I'd like to walk among these racers, meet some of them, in the hopes of laying the groundwork for things to come."

Lei Mie enters the workshop, late, as usual. “Morning guys,” she yawns, sitting down at the table. “How was your evening?”

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Dilhun would pause for a moment as he listens to his boss. He keeps his thoughts very much to himself, his face showing little reaction. "An interesting plan sir. Unfortunately I do not know where we would start with this. Perhaps; if you want, I can ask at the garage, see if they know anyone who will fit your criteria. I doubt your parents would forgive me if you ended up funding the local swoop gangs."

Krydil looks to Lei Mei as she enters the Workshop, after putting down his newspaper, taking a sip of his coffee and a bite of his bagel he replies. " Good to see that you weren't captured by Consec either last night." He then goes back to his coffee and breakfast as he starts to read the newspaper.

5 hours ago, Shlambate said:

Krydil looks to Lei Mei as she enters the Workshop, after putting down his newspaper, taking a sip of his coffee and a bite of his bagel he replies. " Good to see that you weren't captured by Consec either last night." He then goes back to his coffee and breakfast as he starts to read the newspaper.

"Almost was" , Lei Mie responds. "It cost me most of my credits, and a bit of "sweet talking", to get out of it."