Imperial Era PBP, checking for interest.

By Von3679, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

1 hour ago, Hchar said:

Since we’re supposed to be graduates of the academy, any chance of us getting the Imperial Academy Cadet universal to start?

Yup, please do add that spec for free for everyone :)

16 minutes ago, Hchar said:

Looking over things I’ve changed my ideas a bit and gotten a bit torn.

Gunner: We are working from a star destroyer, have a character that is ground pilot/analyst, and one that is a fighter pilot on the command track. This could be a good support to any of those.

Tactician or Commodore: Depends on the branch of the military and sets up for a climb for command. Strategist seems like something to add later on. Tactian makes more sense if we’re on the ground a lot. Commodore more if we’re being ship based.

Quartermaster: not so much a combat role and as written is more Rebel oriented than Imperial.... Unless you’re a little crooked. ;D

Long and short most of what I’m considering are support roles.

If I’m not wrong, @btmaja is going for the admiral track, and he’s going to be a Ensign currently. But who’s not to say we can’t have abit if friendly competition for the role? XD

@Arina_1 is going to be intel ops.

But in the end, choose what you want to be! :)

28 minutes ago, player3333902 said:

If I’m not wrong, @btmaja is going for the admiral track, and he’s going to be a Ensign currently. But who’s not to say we can’t have abit if friendly competition for the role? XD

@Arina_1 is going to be intel ops.

But in the end, choose what you want to be! :)

Forgot those two were in the other thread.

Hmm...

Oh and please note everyone, we are using orokos dice roller for this game :)

Well, this is what I got so far; http://swsheets.com/c/k9d0cmtzb-kham-harand

No equipment yet but a commander/ commodore with the idea of being a ship’s gunner.

3 hours ago, Hchar said:

Well, this is what I got so far; http://swsheets.com/c/k9d0cmtzb-kham-harand

No equipment yet but a commander/ commodore with the idea of being a ship’s gunner.

Oh ok. Gunner as in the one who is behind the gun or the one who tells people where to shoot? Cause I don’t think I’ve heard of a commander becoming a gunner unless they screwed up? XD

Well, as I understand it we’d be starting as ensigns. In Rebels at least the tractor beam operators are addressed as ensign so I figured it’d work.

Hey guys! I'm going to make a stormtrooper when I get home for this game. Probably someone who didn't quite make the cut for officer material and has a bit of a chip on their shoulder for it.

48 minutes ago, btmaja said:

There's also the gunner specialization: http://star-wars-rpg-ffg.wikia.com/wiki/Gunner

I thought about that, (see up thread) but thinking about it I wanted my character to aspire to higher levels of command. Being new recruits though it’d make sense for us to be in low level ship positions to starts I considered what position he might be assigned to.

Not sure if that is correct and I’m still working on it so it can be adjusted.

Edited by Hchar
17 hours ago, player3333902 said:

@SithArissa , if you would like, I can give you a sort of driver suit for free, while you buy the pit crew coveralls? Unless you wish to wear those to pilot.

I'll take the A/KT Flight Suit as well and just ditch the overalls if its free.

I think I'm going to commit to commando/cyber-tech to try and get a super soldier vibe. I'll try and sort a sheet by tomorrow.

What's the equipment for a standard soldier? And is it possible for me to get some cybernetic stuff or is that something for later?

If you're gonna go with Commando, I'll start with Sharpshooter for my Stormtrooper.

8 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

What's the equipment for a standard soldier? And is it possible for me to get some cybernetic stuff or is that something for later?

For a stormtrooper? It’ll be a e-11 blaster rifle, a thermal detonator and a laminate armour with the vacuum sealed attatchment. You’ll also get a DH-77 headcomm for free. For cybernetic stuff, for now, it’ll have to be out of your own cash, but you can buy them. Cybernetics can also be bought later on, or you can get prosthetics if you ever lose an arm or something.

5 hours ago, Hchar said:

I thought about that, (see up thread) but thinking about it I wanted my character to aspire to higher levels of command. Being new recruits though it’d make sense for us to be in low level ship positions to starts I considered what position he might be assigned to.

Not sure if that is correct and I’m still working on it so it can be adjusted.

Ah ok, I c I c. So your assigned to a gunner position and you’ll eventually be recognised for your leadership skills?

5 hours ago, SithArissa said:

I'll take the A/KT Flight Suit as well and just ditch the overalls if its free.

Sure!

5 hours ago, btmaja said:

Looks good! :)

9 minutes ago, Silim said:

If you're gonna go with Commando, I'll start with Sharpshooter for my Stormtrooper.

Feel free to play whoeveer you wish to! :)

15 minutes ago, Silim said:

Oh u’ll get the free stuff all stormtroopers get, but for scopes and stuff, let me check if there is one that can be given for free and the price of the e-11 sniper, so I’ll see if you can get the sniper instead

The E-11S Sniper Rifle costs 3500 credits, probably too much for a piece of starting gear.

Edited by Silim
fix

Are we going to use Duty? If so, what starting amount?

@Rabobankrider Ganks get some starting cybernetics.

Everyone starts with 5 duty.

4 hours ago, player3333902 said:

Ah ok, I c I c. So your assigned to a gunner position and you’ll eventually be recognised for your leadership skills?

More or less. Thinking he’d wind up something like gunner, squad commander/commander of a ships battery, weapons officer for a ship, captain, etc.

Also gives me a bit of a position to fill if we are planetside.

Edited by Hchar
43 minutes ago, Hchar said:

More or less. Thinking he’d wind up something like gunner, squad commander/commander of a ships battery, weapons officer for a ship, captain, etc.

Also gives me a bit of a position to fill if we are planetside.

I see. Sounds good :)