Suppressed Memories Availability

By FARGORE, in Mansions of Madness

On 6/9/2020 at 2:42 AM, Spanjab said:

Hello!

I am certainly keen on completing the collection with the Figures and Tiles packs and also Streets of Arkham. Have Fantasy Flight commented on whether reprints are happening or if they are deleted now?

Thanks!

someone linked earlier - but the original molds for those figures are actually lost to time.

Thing is, the models were created for a game that pre-dated Mansions of Madness first edition. And physical things being subject to wear and tear: they are no longer functional. And FFG is overly cautious about re-releasing stuff.

Being said ...

the fact that there's copies of these games going on eBay for anywhere from 200 per box to $900 per box ... SHOULD be an indication to FFG that a demand exists. And if a demand exists: there is profit to be had.

They'd have to re-develop the physical goods, but the digital goods and game design is already finished.

As for you completing the set: go to Board Game Geek and learn how to use their trading system. I actually found a copy of the physical first edition goods through the website.

Edited by thinkbomb

Thanks for the reply Thinkbomb!

Ah I didn't realise this was down to old moulds.

I do agree, surely with the secondary market so high there would be an opportunity for FFG to perhaps kickstart a run of both packs (possibly in 1) so at least they would know they are not risking making something unless they know they can sell enough to be profitable!!

It's just annoying to have some scenarios in the app that I know I might never be able to play! 😞

1 hour ago, Spanjab said:

Thanks for the reply Thinkbomb!

Ah I didn't realise this was down to old moulds.

I do agree, surely with the secondary market so high there would be an opportunity for FFG to perhaps kickstart a run of both packs (possibly in 1) so at least they would know they are not risking making something unless they know they can sell enough to be profitable!!

It's just annoying to have some scenarios in the app that I know I might never be able to play! 😞

A kickstarted campaign for FFG - limited run print for these packs - would definitely be the way to go. No question. 😃

Besides, they'd be able to update a couple of little quirks - like updating the iconography for indoor/outdoor tiles, and also using their current printing techniques ... and not using plastics that felt icky when you handled them. XD

Edited by thinkbomb

Yeah, I would certainly be in for that! Still loving the game though. Just want the additional characters more than anything else although new monsters and scenarios are always welcome!