Suppressed Memories Availability

By FARGORE, in Mansions of Madness

As someone who just got the game today for X-Mas, I am interested if anyone has heard of any updates to the status of Suppressed Memories and Recurring Nightmares.

The base set I was just gifted still includes the Conversion Kit materials, so I am interested in picking up those parts to add to the collection and get the additional content.

I was able to score a copy of 2nd Ed. MoM on a Amazon Black Friday sale, and later found a copy of the 1st Ed. on eBay. Since then, I have collected Streets of Arkham, Sanctum of Twilight, Beyond the Threshold and Horrific Journeys. I look to pick up Path of the Serpent in time. I have been searching for "Suppressed Memories" for weeks now. Why is this one so hard to find?

I contacted Asmodee, and even they said they have no plans to reprint or re-release Suppressed Memories, and I wonder why?

In the past days, I did see two listings on eBay for it, one was at 175 USD the other 450 USD, and now both are gone.

This is very frustrating.

22 hours ago, The Grumpy Old Man said:

I was able to score a copy of 2nd Ed. MoM on a Amazon Black Friday sale, and later found a copy of the 1st Ed. on eBay. Since then, I have collected Streets of Arkham, Sanctum of Twilight, Beyond the Threshold and Horrific Journeys. I look to pick up Path of the Serpent in time. I have been searching for "Suppressed Memories" for weeks now. Why is this one so hard to find?

I contacted Asmodee, and even they said they have no plans to reprint or re-release Suppressed Memories, and I wonder why?

In the past days, I did see two listings on eBay for it, one was at 175 USD the other 450 USD, and now both are gone.

The only thing that I can point out regarding FFG reprinting. They have to make sure that they are going to be able to make a profit from the reproduction. It's one thing when people say that they want to get a copy on here. They make up a couple dozen if not less than 100. These prints are not done on an as need basis, so they have to be concerned that if they go through the trouble of printing 1,000 copies of these, will they all sell and will they be at an affordable price point to the company?

Since you were able to pick up a copy of first edition there is a chance that you can find 'Call of the Wild' and 'Forbidden Alchemy'. These seem to be just as hard to come by though...

On 1/2/2020 at 9:25 PM, The Grumpy Old Man said:

If you take the time to scroll through the previous page in this thread, you'll find out why, and it isn't a matter of the economics of reprinting. The explanation comes straight from then-FFG Head of Studio Andrew Navaro.

Edited by TwiceBorn
6 hours ago, TwiceBorn said:

If you take the time to scroll through the previous page in this thread, you'll find out why, and it isn't a matter of the economics of reprinting. The explanation comes straight from then-FFG Head of Studio Andrew Navaro.

Yeah, but broken molds can be a part of expense and economics. Developing new monster molds plays into the potential cost of a reprint...

40 minutes ago, LordPyrex said:

Yeah, but broken molds can be a part of expense and economics. Developing new monster molds plays into the potential cost of a reprint...

True.

Edited by TwiceBorn

As others have mentioned, a reprint is likely a ways off. The only advice I can offer is to sign up for restock alerts on every online board game store front you can.

I got super lucky in that I got both recurring nightmares and supressed memories some months ago in close proximity to one another from 401games.ca. If you happen to have a local board game store, it doesnt hurt to ask of they have copies.

Everytime I travelled for work, I would ask local stores if they had any copies. There was one in Vegas and North Carolina that did at one point, but I didn't have time to make it over there.

11 hours ago, rtdspector said:

As others have mentioned, a reprint is likely a ways off. The only advice I can offer is to sign up for restock alerts on every online board game store front you can.

I got super lucky in that I got both recurring nightmares and supressed memories some months ago in close proximity to one another from 401games.ca. If you happen to have a local board game store, it doesnt hurt to ask of they have copies.

Everytime I travelled for work, I would ask local stores if they had any copies. There was one in Vegas and North Carolina that did at one point, but I didn't have time to make it over there.

In my searching for Suppressed Memories, I have done exactly this. I think I may have signed up for close to 20 different stores worldwide (both local and online). The only brick and mortar store I found to have 2 in stock was Fodder Cannon Games, in North Carolina... sadly they went out of business months ago - yet their site is still up. The email I sent them was bounced back undeliverable, this is how I found out.

I'll see what I can dig up in Vegas. I have some friends in Texas and Arizona that are looking in their areas as well.

There are a few listings NOW on Ebay, but the cheapest is roughly 200 dollars American. if I didn't have kids and bills, I would plunk my money into that option. Italian or German still looking like the best option right now.

I'm considering getting an Italian copy. I'm fine with the tile names being in Italian but could someone tell me if it comes with spell/item cards? I don't see them mentioned in the description but I want to be on the safe side. If it does then I will have to give it a miss.

You can find it on Amazon Italy btw. That's what I did

Edited by IWasLeft2Die
On 1/7/2020 at 3:43 PM, SlothBones said:

I'm considering getting an Italian copy. I'm fine with the tile names being in Italian but could someone tell me if it comes with spell/item cards? I don't see them mentioned in the description but I want to be on the safe side. If it does then I will have to give it a miss.

I ordered the italian one and it's on it's way. All you get in the italian versions are the character plastic piece, monster plastics and base, and map tiles. The map tiles will be in Italian but a label maker can fix that.

The item cards and such, character cards, and monster info tiles are in the conversion kit in the base set for 2nd edition

Edited by IWasLeft2Die
22 minutes ago, IWasLeft2Die said:

I ordered the italian one and it's on it's way. All you get in the italian versions are the character plastic piece, monster plastics and base, and map tiles. The map tiles will be in Italian but a label maker can fix that.

The item cards and such, character cards, and monster info tiles are in the conversion kit in the base set for 2nd edition

I wonder how many they have, mines been dispatched as well.. Getting orders from everywhere but italy must be odd.

Wow that was fast, my copies of both turned up today... I ordered on Sunday that's crazy.. Now I just need FFG to read my ticket about not having the conversion kit so I can actually use them...

Thanks for the heads-up on this. These sets are indeed for sale on the Italian Amazon site. Just got myself a copy of each. Yay!

Thank you for posting this!

Edited by Sorrowspain

Happy to report sets arrived all the way from Italy to New Zealand. Thank you YouShop works every time!

Costs me $106 to buy and have shipped both suppressed memories and recurring nightmares. Well worth considering secondary market it is floating $150+ english. Thats also just for `1 of the 2

So, as of 4/17/2020 - I have not been able to find ANY copies of the German or Italian versions in stock anywhere.
I was waiting for my tax check to come in, but then COVID-19 hit and everything is pretty much gone.

Anyone else have any luck? Is there a stockpile of Supressed Memories somewhere, like toilet paper??

Zatu Games for those in the Uk have both Suppressed Memories and and also Recurring Nightmares listed as restock available, this maybe just wishful thinking, or they have found some stock somewhere,

Here is the link : https://www.board-game.co.uk/search-results/?query=Mansions+of+madness

As said it maybe wishful thinking but have placed an order so far they have not refunded me yet so keeping my fingers crossed

Well... Finally bit the bullet and my core game arrived tonight.

...and now I'm finding out these two sets are nigh impossible to find.

So, before I launch a few hours into this search, does anyone have any leads?

On 5/11/2020 at 3:15 AM, thinkbomb said:

Well... Finally bit the bullet and my core game arrived tonight.

...and now I'm finding out these two sets are nigh impossible to find.

So, before I launch a few hours into this search, does anyone have any leads?

hi, they are pretty difficult to find now as no longer being produced, there maybe an odd one floating around somewhere. as said above Zatu games in the uk are saying "restock expected" and I have paid for a copy but fully expecting a refund at some point. I did manage to purchase a copy of the original game which would be equivalent to "Recurring Nightmares" so currently after "Suppressed Memories" to complete collection. Ill be honest if I am unable to get my hands on a copy im not too worried as there is plenty of game content and game variety with 2nd edition core set and available expansions and DLC also check out Valkyrie too which is fan made scenarios.

3 hours ago, Miles49 said:

hi, they are pretty difficult to find now as no longer being produced, there maybe an odd one floating around somewhere. as said above Zatu games in the uk are saying "restock expected" and I have paid for a copy but fully expecting a refund at some point. I did manage to purchase a copy of the original game which would be equivalent to "Recurring Nightmares" so currently after "Suppressed Memories" to complete collection. Ill be honest if I am unable to get my hands on a copy im not too worried as there is plenty of game content and game variety with 2nd edition core set and available expansions and DLC also check out Valkyrie too which is fan made scenarios.

More than anything, it's that conversion kit baggie in the core box that's taunting me. lol

Hello!

I am certainly keen on completing the collection with the Figures and Tiles packs and also Streets of Arkham. Have Fantasy Flight commented on whether reprints are happening or if they are deleted now?

Thanks!

Do Fantasy Flight have any community managers to answer questions on here?

Thanks!