THE PLAYMAT!?

By Bivistheman, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

Now I see the LotR mat is already out. But not this mat. The one mat that actually has a USEFUL purpose for the game it goes with. Something must of gone wrong in the production pipeline and for whatever reason, Asmodee/FFG is not letting us know this.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:54 PM, Otakuon said:

Now I see the LotR mat is already out. But not this mat. The one mat that actually has a USEFUL purpose for the game it goes with. Something must of gone wrong in the production pipeline and for whatever reason, Asmodee/FFG is not letting us know this.

The mat is out in France. So now both China and France has it.. Still no info from incompetent Asmodee/FFG about this.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/31894959#31894959

Sadly it is in French, so not much use for the rest of us.

If πŸ‘ I πŸ‘ put πŸ‘ these πŸ‘ in πŸ‘ between πŸ‘ my πŸ‘ words πŸ‘ will πŸ‘ FFG πŸ‘ acknowledge πŸ‘ we πŸ‘ need πŸ‘ our πŸ‘ playmat ?

On 5/10/2019 at 12:40 PM, flightmaster101 said:

If πŸ‘ I πŸ‘ put πŸ‘ these πŸ‘ in πŸ‘ between πŸ‘ my πŸ‘ words πŸ‘ will πŸ‘ FFG πŸ‘ acknowledge πŸ‘ we πŸ‘ need πŸ‘ our πŸ‘ playmat ?

the answer is no. FFG is notorious for a lack of updates and radio silence.

Imperial Assualt got lowkey ended without even announcing it to the fanbase.

We had to find out through strenuous research and offhanded comments in interviews.

42 minutes ago, King_Balrog said:

Imperial Assualt got lowkey ended without even announcing it to the fanbase. ο»Ώ ο»Ώ ο»Ώ

WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K

1 hour ago, flightmaster101 said:

WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K

if not ended, i doubt expansions will be much of a focus going forward. Only the app campaigns seem to be receiving updates.

The skirmish players are all frustrated and many have quit the competitive scene entirely. Campaign isn't as affected, but, are still sad no new plastics are in the pipeline (even in a development stage)

We all believe the end is nigh, but they just haven't pulled the plug yet. (Hence me saying low-key)

Not to mention a broken Meta-game due to one specific card "Specter Cell"

Someone in UK, has ordered the Playmat via an agency and a middle men in China, and got delivered as well (English version), he even made pictures, so it seems reel enough. This proof that the Playmat has been produced and is gathering dust in a warehouse, ready to be shipped whenever FGG, has clear the issues they have with shipping or the custom or even the Chinese government. Here the article from BoardgameGeek. https://boardgamegeek.com/article/32048776#32048776

I guess that we can only bombard Customer Support with the same question over and over again, till they get tired, and come up with an update πŸ™‚

Dear FFG, please ship the mat.

+1

Edited by CoffinDodger49
Couldn't work out how to quote...
23 minutes ago, BenDay said:

Dear FFG, please ship the mat.

+1

I have the game and all of its expansions, sleeved in FFG sleeves, sitting unplayed on my shelf. It is the only unplayed game I own (other than one shot escape room games I haven't gotten to yet). Literally all of that is waiting on having a playmat. I love neoprene mats in general (I use and love the AH LCG one) and I don't want to have to manage overlays, addons, etc. when I could just have the mat.

Sometimes I feel like I'm complaining to the board game version of GabeN.

PepeHands.

Waiting for the mat like:

Image result for skeleton at the computer

Well, this mat is never coming to the rest of the world it seems. If you want it, you'll have to buy it from China.

Thanks FFG, 0 communication and awful customer service.

I honestly wonder if FFG ever read these fora.

3 hours ago, CoffinDodger49 said:

I honestly wonder if FFG ever read these fora.

The worst part is: many with connections to the company say that they do read the forums from time to time; they just don't care to respond.

We get it when we get it, and we should be considered lucky to get anything at all. FFG is very uninterested in customer complaints, loyalty, or feedback.

They want your money and then want you to shut up and await the next game/expansion; if it never happens, oh well, they couldn't be bothered...

FFG is the Electronic Arts of the boardgame realm.

Edited by King_Balrog

In four hours and thirty-seven minutes I shall turn 70. With a bit of luck, I may yet get the mat whilst I am above ground.... :rolleyes:

I am also waiting for the playmat.

Anyone have some info. please share with us.

Thank you...

β€œAnd some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the Game of Thrones playmat passed out of all knowledge.”

Lonely Jurassic Bark GIF

Edited by King_Balrog

So, should be used f** words, so that perhaps someone from FGG, reads this f** forum, and replies or at least sends out a communication about the Playmat already. I find it a f** shame, that a company like FGG, is not communicating at all about this. Not even the European distributors are getting any information about it. And with distributors I mean Asmodee itself. The mother company of FGG no less. It's is embarrassing...........

I mean it is like setting up a bomb in Times Square, the FBI know where and when it will explode, but no communication to the rest of the nation. And then when it explodes, it is too late, and the harm (reputation in this case for FGG) is done!!!

I hope that the playmat that we all ordered ten months ago will be released before the new playmats for Imperial Assault that they just announced.

9 hours ago, Miffin Steed said:

I hope that the playmat that we all ordered ten months ago will be released before the new playmats for Imperial Assault that they just announced.

Don't hold your breath..

The LOTR mat, announced in January 2019, got released in May 2019. Meanwhile AGOT mat was announced in August 2018, and here we are still..

image.jpeg.d090489b006cca8bfac308c302a618db.jpeg

Sorry guys. Not trying to gloat, but I've been through this before with FFG.

They really let me down with Imperial Assault and a few other games.

King_Balrog, what other product has FFG announced that they then where this long on delivery?

1 hour ago, Gamer said:

King_Balrog, what other product has FFG announced that they then where this long on delivery?

No other instance of products going undelivered in my case (though I wouldn't be surprised if it happened before).

My grievances have more to do with the radio silence, lack of community outreach, and the way FFG have ghosted concerned fans regarding the discontinuation of their products.