THE PLAYMAT!?

By Bivistheman, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

Does anyone have any info on when the playmat will be available?

Yeah, I was going to ask the exact same question. I reached out to a retailer and they said they didn't have any info either but that they would contact FFG and see where this is at. These sorts of things have a habit of just popping up unannounced in the stores. I have a huge order on hold waiting for this to drop, but if it is going to be a few weeks/months still, then I might just have them ship was I got now and send this later when it comes out.

Yeah the mat is still MIA.... Sadly.

I was hoping it would come out around the same time. Disappointing.

Any news concerning the release date of the playmat? :)

The mat is still MIA...

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Edited by blackiyto

Still nothing. Doesn't look like this thing is ever coming out..

I still waiting too :(

In addition, FFG does not say anything if you ask them, just keep an eye on the news and the upcoming section.

I have heard on BGG that a gentleman in China has received his map from a local game store. Could mean it's on the way. He has posted several images on BGG, so it looks quite legitimate.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:18 AM, CoffinDodger49 said:

I have heard on BGG that a gentleman in China has received his map from a local game store. Could mean it's on the way. He has posted several images on BGG, so it looks quite legitimate.

True, but Asmodee still saying they have no release date. Sadly no new info in the last week.

I honestly think the mat is a scam at this point..

This is the answer I got from the Customer Care after several emails going back and forth. I also urge them to have internally ask the question, because somebody should have more info on it. But get the same default reply back. "Check our newspage".

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. We currently do not have a release date for the playmat. We apologize for any inconvenience. We suggest that you keep your eyes on our news ( https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/index/ ) and product page as that is where we announce all the latest information regarding the releases of our games.

Our News page is where we make all of our announcements on reprints and releases and I am unable to give you any more information. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again!

Thank you!
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Brenna
Customer Service Representative
[email protected]

It is pathetic that after all this time FFG cannot be bothered to let us know when they expect the mat to be out. Even if the estimate is in the third or fourth quarter (or next rear) it would at least be some information.

9 hours ago, Lobazito said:

This is the answer I got from the Customer Care after several emails going back and forth. I also urge them to have internally ask the question, because somebody should have more info on it. But get the same default reply back. "Check our newspage".

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. We currently do not have a release date for the playmat. We apologize for any inconvenience. We suggest that you keep your eyes on our news ( https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/index/ ) and product page as that is where we announce all the latest information regarding the releases of our games.

Our News page is where we make all of our announcements on reprints and releases and I am unable to give you any more information. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again!

Thank you!
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Brenna
Customer Service Representative
[email protected]

Yepp, the same useless response. Disgraceful.

The same answer they gave me in January.

At least in FFG spain the moderators of the forum respond, if only to say that they know nothing .

I believe it is now on sale in France (in French) according to a couple of French guys who have just got their hands on it. I think that may be a good sign.

4 hours ago, CoffinDodger49 said:

I believe it is now on sale in France (in French) according to a couple of French guys who have just got their hands on it. I think that may be a good sign.

Where? Link to what shops they bought it from??

On 4/22/2019 at 6:39 PM, Gamer said:

It is pathetic that after all this time FFG cannot be bothered to let us know when they expect the mat to be out. Even if the estimate is in the third or fourth quarter (or next rear) it would at least be some information.

You should see how they've been treating Imperial Assault players lately...

FFG is terrible at customer outreach and PR.

Edited by King_Balrog

Loch Ness Monster

Big Foot

Abominable Snowman

Game of Thrones: The Board Game Playmat

Godzilla

The Swamp Thing

A smidgen of the things on my list of junk that I believe aren't real.

Leave the Loch Ness Monster out of this. You will deprive my Mother-in-Law of a good summer job, swimming up and down the loch.

At this point, almost any play mat seems hard to get other than Keyforge or TI4.

I'm waiting for this one as well as LotR: Journey's in Middle Earth play mat. Since I ordered that game with the mat, I gotta wait till the mat drops to get the game.

Almost a month has passed since China got the mat. Still no word from Asmodee/FFG on what is going on.. Just providing automated useless responses ("We have no idea what is going on, check our news page, thanks". )

Customer service at its best folks.

Maybe for Christmas 2019?