Best list to combat spectre cell

By corwin666, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

On 11/21/2018 at 5:17 AM, GilDK said:

Well at the Nordics, there was 2 SC list out of 10 and they got smashed by Isaac`s Han -Rangers and Arvydas´ Vader, Palp, Thrawn list and didnt make top 4, so they can be beat, but yes they have an advantage on Tarkin I think as well, but hey thats life, just practice against them and find a way.

The European tournaments should be taken with a grain of salt imo, including French nationals. All the best players in Europe have basically turned their nose up at the list and refused to play it, and they're proud of it, so there is a large skill bias against the list in the European meta. The list has been embraced much more so here in the states and people have been doing very well with it. I chatted with Isaac who played 2 rounds against Spectre Cell and he said the players just put their figures out in the open on round 1 to get shot at. That's a great way for any list to lose against Han Rangers.

4 hours ago, Tvboy said:

The European tournaments should be taken with a grain of salt imo, including French nationals. All the best players in Europe have basically turned their nose up at the list and refused to play it, and they're proud of it, so there is a large skill bias against the list in the European meta. The list has been embraced much more so here in the states and people have been doing very well with it. I chatted with Isaac who played 2 rounds against Spectre Cell and he said the players just put their figures out in the open on round 1 to get shot at. That's a great way for any list to lose against Han Rangers.

And what's crazy is I watched Isaac play a game on Vassal the other day on Tarkin against Spectre w/ his Han Rangers, and Zeb was overexposed early so he took him out, Ezra was moved up aggressively w/o On the Lam and died before any Rangers or Han were dead (though some damage got through), and Spectre Cell still came back to win.

10 hours ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

And what's crazy is I watched Isaac play a game on Vassal the other day on Tarkin against Spectre w/ his Han Rangers, and Zeb was overexposed early so he took him out, Ezra was moved up aggressively w/o On the Lam and died before any Rangers or Han were dead (though some damage got through), and Spectre Cell still came back to win.

That's my problem with lists that you plan to sit back and wait. These goons will move up and annihilate you. You may kill one in a battle of attrition, but at some point they'll get a few monster figures in there and it will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

On 11/29/2018 at 2:35 AM, Tvboy said:

So you know for a fact that all the best players dont play it, impressive to have that kind of info.

I will agree that playing the list badly dont give much reference of its power level, but I still think its beatable, and i the end it comes down to player level and some dice luck.

Will agree that some matchups has an advantage on certain maps, but that is the name of the game.

13 hours ago, GilDK said:

So you know for a fact that all the best players dont play it, impressive to have that kind of info.

I will agree that playing the list badly dont give much reference of its power level, but I still think its beatable, and i the end it comes down to player level and some dice luck.

Will agree that some matchups has an advantage on certain maps, but that is the name of the game.

So it turns out I was incorrect after listening to the latest ZF episode, the Spanish Nationals champion did play the list and made 10th place, likely with the same record as 5th-8th place players but not good enough SOS. So I stand corrected.

3 hours ago, Tvboy said:

So it turns out I was incorrect after listening to the latest ZF episode, the Spanish Nationals champion did play the list and made 10th place, likely with the same record as 5th-8th place players but not good enough SOS. So I stand corrected.

Oscar did not play Specter Cell he a played IG, Vinto, Jabba, Greedo list. He finished 3-2, same as Greg and some other players, Javier from Spain took the only 3-2 Top 8 spot.

-Alfonso

5 minutes ago, Cryptiks said:

Oscar did not play Specter Cell he a played IG, Vinto, Jabba, Greedo list. He finished 3-2, same as Greg and some other players, Javier from Spain took the only 3-2 Top 8 spot.

-Alfonso

Ok, I stand uncorrected then?

So who got 10th with SC?

19 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

Ok, I stand uncorrected then?

So who got 10th with SC?

I believe it was one of the French players, unfortunately I can't remember who it was in particular.

24 minutes ago, Cryptiks said:

I believe it was one of the French players, unfortunately I can't remember who it was in particular.

Ok, well it sounds like Kenny and JK were a bit mixed up then. I look forward to hearing your upcoming account of it on the podcast.

On 11/29/2018 at 9:15 PM, GilDK said:

I will agree that playing the list badly dont give much reference of its power level, but I still think its beatable 

Needs moar emphasis: No one is making the argument that SC is unbeatable.