Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

31 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

The Former. This territory isn't Death Watch territory. If anything, it's neutral territory. However, Death Watch was never well regarded, and in fact, hated by other Mandalorians, so stunning him should be easy to talk your way out of, IMO. And the reason why they were hated so much is because they didn't have the same sense of honor as the more traditional "true" Mandalorians. They were brutal. They were terrorists both in Canon and Legends . So, yes, a Death Watch member would attack an unconscious opponent.

And why are you expecting Aris to know that or be able to tell if he is deathwatch? She did pick up on him having 3 "friends" in matching mandalorian armor in the corner... and that (along with the guy seeking revenge when he wakes up) was the blowback she was worried about.

Edited by EliasWindrider
6 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

And why are you expecting Aris to know that or be able to tell if he is deathwatch?

I’m not; at least not directly. However, given his actions, and behavior, as well as the reactions of the other patrons and staff, she might be able to figure out that this guy doesn’t seem to have the “honor” of most Mandalorians. That might clue her in both who’s At fault here, as well as what the reactions of everyone else would be if you stunned this thug’s aft into unconsciousness.

5 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I’m not; at least not directly. However, given his actions, and behavior, as well as the reactions of the other patrons and staff, she might be able to figure out that this guy doesn’t seem to have the “honor” of most Mandalorians. That might clue her in both who’s At fault here, as well as what the reactions of everyone else would be if you stunned this thug’s aft into unconsciousness.

Her 3 friends wouldn't take kindly to it.

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

Her 3 friends wouldn't take kindly to it.

Whose three friends? Also, even if he isn’t Death Watch, this guy is clearly a thug and bully who likes to pick on those weaker than himself. That alone shows he lacks honor.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Boy what a bunch of heroes Nordin has found. Nordin would probably just flee on his own, was just trying to keep things quick but maybe that’s metagaming.

With regards to the suppress bit I don’t wanna be pushy but I thought you could commit to multiple separate abilities can’t you? If I am already continuing to use sense and then later commit a separate die to suppress?

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Whose three friends? Also, even if he isn’t Death Watch, this guy is clearly a thug and bully who likes to pick on those weaker than himself. That alone shows he lacks honor.

Read Rabobankrider's first post in the bar, the mando has three friends in the corner ?booth? (Might not have said booth) wearing similarly styled (colored) armor (like a uniform almost) with rifles leaning up against the wall. And given when Aris and Jonas walked in they didn't see who started the fight so it's not apparent who is in the right/wrong, but shooting the mando would escalate things and stunning the gotal would likely de-escelate things.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@EliasWindrider , I'm going to go ahead and recommend you DON'T shoot the new guy (even with stun), considering that you will need to recruit him into the party very shortly. I know that getting shot puts me in a bad mood to join people, but that's a personal thing.

@Tramp Graphics , you are making some pretty sweeping statements about the different factions of the mandalorians. Although the factions may have their own views/goals etc, the members are still individuals. This guy could just be a ****.

@AtariAssasin , if you want to have Nordin flee you can do so (no check needed). I'm assuming as @EliasWindrider and @Jonas Shaaf don't want to get involved in combat they will follow you.

Regarding supress, some powers do have additions that let the, be used as reaction etc. If you have an upgrade like this then it would be possible to use more than one. However the base power is traditionally an action unless otherwise stated.

Unfortunately it seems the @TheShard has gone inactive, so I am going to move ahead on this assumption. If he re-joins he can introduce his Padawan somewhere else beyond Mandalore.

49 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , I'm going to go ahead and recommend you DON'T shoot the new guy (even with stun), considering that you will need to recruit him into the party very shortly. I know that getting shot puts me in a bad mood to join people, but that's a personal thing.

@Tramp Graphics , you are making some pretty sweeping statements about the different factions of the mandalorians. Although the factions may have their own views/goals etc, the members are still individuals. This guy could just be a ****.

@AtariAssasin , if you want to have Nordin flee you can do so (no check needed). I'm assuming as @EliasWindrider and @Jonas Shaaf don't want to get involved in combat they will follow you.

Regarding supress, some powers do have additions that let the, be used as reaction etc. If you have an upgrade like this then it would be possible to use more than one. However the base power is traditionally an action unless otherwise stated.

Unfortunately it seems the @TheShard has gone inactive, so I am going to move ahead on this assumption. If he re-joins he can introduce his Padawan somewhere else beyond Mandalore.

@TheShard has said he's been really busy at work, so that would explain his inability to get on the boards for the past couple of weeks. I suggest keeping his Master character simply in the background for now rather than having him completely disappear from the group.

Ah I must have missed that.

23 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Ah I must have missed that.

Yep. Here's his last post:

On 5/10/2019 at 8:10 PM, TheShard said:

He sorry I'm so swamped with life I'll post after work tomorrow I gotta catch up.

Apparently, things have been really hectic on the home-front or at work, and this may be preventing him from getting on line much, if at all. I hope its nothing serious.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
3 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

It's basically a cop tazing a suspect so his trigger happy partner won't lethally bust a cap in the suspect's @ss, but that's why I asked Atari assassin first.

21 hours ago, AtariAssasin said:

Boy what a bunch of heroes Nordin has found. Nordin would probably just flee on his own, was just trying to keep things quick but maybe that’s metagaming.

With regards to the suppress bit I don’t wanna be pushy but I thought you could commit to multiple separate abilities can’t you? If I am already continuing to use sense and then later commit a separate die to suppress?

Aris isn't a hero, at least not yet, she's a stereotypical smuggler who happens to be force sensitive and a little in awe of Jonas Shaff.

@EliasWindrider , if we're using that analogy it's more like a guy in the street tasing a cop to try and stop a fight. Regardless, not a great move when you are planning ooc for them to join the party. If Nordin is retreating why not just follow? That would be the actual sensible option.

It doesnt matter in the long run I suppose. But from what I can tell its an action to commit, but I dont see the thing that says you cant commit to separate abilites. Just the part in individual powers that says you cant commit multiple times within.

Either way, I will post now.

Sorry for the delay, I'll sort a post tomorrow.

@Tramp Graphics , still need your response re: the doctors.

@EliasWindrider , @Jonas Shaaf , I need to know what you guys are planning in the bar, if you're retreating or staying.

30 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , @Jonas Shaaf , I need to know what you guys are planning in the bar, if you're retreating or staying.

I will. Also, check my latest IC post for Rei. I need a Coercion check difficulty.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

@Tramp Graphics , with this character, the difficulty will be using standard mandalorian stats, so it will be 2eC+1eD+2eS (for his allies).

4 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Was planning to buy more alchohol for the Astral Wren's minibar

18 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , with this character, the difficulty will be using standard mandalorian stats, so it will be 2eC+1eD+2eS   (for his allies).

Coercion : 3eA+1eD+2eC+2eS 1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Despair
a-s.png a-s-s.png a-a-a.png d-th.png c-d.png c-f.png s--.png s--.png

This should be interesting. Looks like while I've stopped the fight (whether the thug and his goons leave or go back to their drinks is up to you), I've probably made an enemy, unless you have another plan for that Despair.

Ran out of time to sort the post today, I'll try again tomorrow.

@EliasWindrider , you can if you want, but large bottles will cost actual credits.

Also, I have talked to you about spamming checks before. This does also apply to force powers. I'm going to say you can keep 2 of those force power checks. You also do not choose what you see after a forsee check, that is gm prerogative.

@Tramp Graphics , that despair will be revealed later.

46 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , you can if you want, but large bottles will cost actual credits.

Also, I have talked to you about spamming checks before. This does also apply to force powers. I'm going to say you can keep 2 of those force power checks. You also do not choose what you see after a forsee check, that is gm prerogative.

@Tramp Graphics , that despair will be revealed later.

Locating jonas and seeing the future. How much is 1 bottle of baseline Corellian whiskey on Mandalore?

Edited by EliasWindrider
57 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Locating jonas and seeing the future. How much is 1 bottle of baseline Corellian whiskey on Mandalore?

According to this , expensive as all get out, and that’s not even for the good stuff .

5 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

According to this , expensive as all get out, and that’s not even for the good

suns of fortune says 25 credits which isn't astronomical but I was asking about the price ON MANDALORE.