Hunt for the Rebel Base (a forum game)

By LTD, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

#vote04 Alderaan

So far we’ve been rewarded for investigating Ryloth, a planet where the population has Rebel ties. Alderaan is the only other system with notable connections to the Rebel Alliance. Also, I don’t want to force our recon teams to interact with flesh-eating primitives or worse yet, Gungans, unless we have a concrete reason.

AFK till monday .

#KILL JARJAR

All seven Senators have voted...

3 votes Naboo

2 votes Alderaan

2 votes Endor

No system has 4 votes.

Do any Senators wish to change their vote?

2 hours ago, LTD said:

3 votes Naboo

2 votes Alderaan

2 votes Endor

No system has 4 votes.

I think Pod's vote above is a vote for Naboo, but I can't be sure. . . he sometimes does things like that.

3 hours ago, LTD said:

3 votes Naboo

2 votes Alderaan

2 votes Endor

No system has 4 votes.

In order to keep the pressure on the Rebels, I shall change my vote to Naboo.

#vote04 Naboo

4 votes for Naboo. The Imperial Fleet will be dispatched.

{Some time passes}

Fleet Command Reports: The Rebel Base is not on Naboo. The fleet has found no trace of paramilitary activity in the Naboo system.

Turn 5 has now begun. Please vote using #vote05 SYSTEM NAME

Normally the Rebels would win after 6 systems have been investigated - however the discovery of the evacuated Rebel base in round 1 has disrupted the Rebel plans. 3 turns remain to find the Rebel base before Galactic Civil War erupts.

Systems that have not yet been investigated:

Hoth

Endor

Bespin

Alderaan

Tatooine

After changing my vote to prevent the Rebels advancing unobstructed, I will once again choose to vote for Alderaan.

My reason for this is that the last system to show signs of the Rebels was a planet with known Rebel ties so the next system which fits that description would be Alderaan.

#vote05 Alderaan

Well, it's a reason:

#vote05 Alderaan

From the rounds we have, I think the odds are in our favour

I agree with Alderaan, there is no arguing that it is the most logical

Sounds good to me

#vote05 Alderaan

#vote05 Alderaan

Four Senators have voted for Alderaan.

The Imperial Fleet has been dispatched.

{Time passes}

Fleet Command Reports: The Rebel base is not on Alderaan. The planet is peaceful. They have no weapons. There is no sign of para-military activity in this system.

Turn 6 has begun.

Please use #vote06 to register your choice of the next system to be investigated.

Bummer. Well, what about Bespin or Tatooine? If we are continuing the theme of checking planets with suspected Rebel sympathies, we have the planet with rumored Jedi activity, and both planets have crooks as overlords, meaning that supplies can be acquired and silence bought.

#vote06 Bespin

Just to get the ball rolling. I think checking planets to which supplies can be easily smuggled is a sound idea.

To encourage discussion, and because at least one person agrees with my proposal:

#vote06 Bespin

I’m more inclined to Tatooine actually, Hutt territoy means that the our forces won’t be able to go at their full potential, and intel tells me an old strong ally of the republic lives there

#vote06 Bespin

The administrator of the major city on Bespin is known for being a sketchy man, and the relatively small size of the populated area would mean that a search wouldn't take that long.

Anyone else getting the feeling that Gnip works for the rebels?

4 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

I’ve been wondering that too

6 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

Not really, I'm just making my choices based on vague knowledge.

If he does though, it'd be pretty bad for him if he were discovered.

I'm going to stay out of the discussion now as I've already voted.

(You can always change your vote - edit to remove the # in #vote - please don't edit anything else)

2 minutes ago, LTD said:

(You can always change your vote - edit to remove the # in #vote - please don't edit anything else)

I do not wish to change my vote, but thanks for telling me how to do so.