Hunt for the Rebel Base (a forum game)

By LTD, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

#vote01 Ryloth

What he said.

#vote01 RYLOTH

baaaa

Hold on does anyone here represent ryloth?

The voting stands at 3 Ryloth, 1 Yavin.

Once a system has four votes the fleet will be sent.

3 Senators have not yet voted.

2 hours ago, Visovics said:

Hold on does anyone here represent ryloth?

I guess not. Shall we just end it? Does anybody actively oppose Ryloth?

Indy edited a post

15 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Indy edited a post

Technically, there is no rule against it. As this is Indy's first game, he would not have heard of the no editing rule present in previous games.

4 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I guess not. Shall we just end it? Does anybody actively oppose Ryloth?

nope. let's check it out

#vote01 Ryloth

A majority of votes have been cast for Ryloth. The fleet has been dispatched to investigate.

{some time passes}

Fleet command reports: the rebel base is not on Ryloth. There are signs that there was some kind of base - but it has been abandoned, apparently in a great rush. If this was the rebel base then we expect their preparations have been disrupted and the Empire has gained more time to prevent Galactic Civil War.

Turn 2 has now begun. Please vote using #vote02 System Name.

Hmm, that is interesting. We at least now know that Ryloth is safe for now.

Indeed. Shall we try one of Yavin or Dantooine next? They were on most people's lists, if I recall correctly. I'm in favor of Yavin, personally:

#vote02 Yavin

for now.

Sounds like a partial victory. Seems only fair to go for the other popular one.

#vote02 Yavin

Anyone representing Yavin wants to speak up or are we going for an unrepresented planet again?

8 minutes ago, Visovics said:

Anyone representing Yavin wants to speak up or are we going for an unrepresented planet again?

I not sure any of us represent these systems. (CNinja might disagree though ? ) Some of them are uninhabited by advanced life forms (Hoth, Endor, Yavin.) “Senator of Tatooine” doesn’t sound right either. And we lack truly concrete arguments for or against these planets so far anyway...

1 minute ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I not sure any of us represent these systems. (CNinja might disagree though ? ) Some of them are uninhabited by advanced life forms (Hoth, Endor, Yavin.) “Senator of Tatooine” doesn’t sound right either. And we lack truly concrete arguments for or against these planets so far anyway...

Yeah, I’m wondering, whoever the rebels are, on what they will try to do to protect their base

It’s going very weirdly smooth

Just now, Visovics said:

Yeah, I’m wondering, whoever the rebels are, on what they will try to do to protect their base

It’s going very weirdly smooth

I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

I'm willing to try Yavin, unless anyone has any information why we shouldn't

after a bit of reading on Wookiepedia Im thinking Dantooine maybe?

I will retain my vote from last time and say Yavin.

However, from what the fleet found on Ryloth, there is the possibility that the Rebels were warned of our attempts to search there.

Should that be the case, we should proceed with caution.

#vote02 Yavin

#vote02 Dantooine

This one and Yavin are the most likely to have a base, but the Yavin train seems too easy and uncontested for something that will cause the rebels to lose, something about it feels like going in the wrong direction

#vote02 Dantooine

Eh. Why not?

#vote02 Dantooine

#vote02 Dantooine

Just thinking Yavin might be a bit obvious, esp if that flavor text is right and we have them on the ropes.

All seven members of the Committee have voted - 3 vote for Yavin, 4 votes for Dantooine.

The Fleet has been dispatched to investigate Dantooine.

{Some time passes}

Fleet command reports: the rebel base is not on Dantooine. There are no signs that the Dantooine system has been used for para-military operations of any kind.

A new turn has begun. Use the #vote03 to formally register your vote.

For the sake of simplicity, I shall again be voting for Yavin.

However, it seems that we were more close with our first wild guess than our second educated guess.

#vote 03 Yavin