Hunt for the Rebel Base (a forum game)

By LTD, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Also, for the record, I personally belive the Rebels are pulling a double bluff and trying to bait us away from key targets whilst we investigate them.

8 hours ago, Indy_com said:

For the sake of simplicity, I shall again be voting for Yavin.

However, it seems that we were more close with our first wild guess than our second educated guess.

#vote 03 Yavin

Ryloth was pretty educated... The place has pretty consistently been crawling with insurgents flavor-wise. I’m actually against Yavin now, as the Rebels moved there from Dantooine. Alderaan or perhaps Naboo feel like more promising candidates (or at least likely to trigger an interesting result, given their sizable populations and established Rebel ties.)

vote03 Alderaan

Edited by The Jabbawookie
Removed hashtag

Twice now Yavin has been close to being voted, only to be saved at the last moment. Could this be due to rebel efforts?

#vote03 Yavin

Cant take any chances

#vote03 ENDOR

I'm for Yavin, agree that it seemed to get saved at the last second.

#vote03 Yavin

Alright, let's get this sorted, one way or another.

#vote03 Yavin

Still don’t agree but that was 4 votes?

You all deserve to be eaten by Ewoks

Syntax error. Go to 10.

Apologies Senators - I had to parse a bad line from Indy_Com.

Five votes cast - four for Yavin, one for Endor.

The Imperial Fleet has been dispatched to Yavin.

{Time Passes}

Fleet Command Reports: The Rebel Base is not on Yavin. There are no traces of para-military activity in this system.

The next round of voting has begun. Please use #vote04 to register your vote.

Not to say I told you so

but I told y’all so

On a more important note let’s get some discussion

@PodRacer any specific reason for endor?

I figured it was quite Prominent, and I definately spotted a few rebels there at the end of episode 6.

Well, maybe we should go with one of the less obvious ones?

#vote04 Naboo

I’m interested in knowing how we lose this game... Any info @LTD ?

2 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Probably leaving the rebel planet till last? A limit on the number of wrong guesses?

58 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

55 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Probably leaving the rebel planet till last? A limit on the number of wrong guesses?

Victory conditions were laid out in your initial message from me...

If clarification is needed (or you never got the message) then please let me know.

Of course, the information is secret and cannot (or at least ought not) be discussed via this thread.

What "bad line" was parsed?

But in regards to the Rebel base, it seems we need to look in more unexpected places.

While Endor's trees would provide cover for a hidden base, the native wildlife may be just as hostile to them as it is known to be against us.

The amount of ground availible on Bespin is limited, so a search should be easy. However, the baron there has confirmed links to one of the Rebel leaders, and may therefore be hiding their base from us.

The perilous environment on Hoth would make a search difficult due to the sub-zero temperatures, yet would make constructing a base there extremely difficult for the Rebels.

Tatooine is located well within Hutt space and is therefore subject to restrictions on the number of troops we can send there to investigate. However, if the rumours of a washed up Jedi frequenting the Mos Eisely Cantina are true, the Rebels could stand to gain a powerful ally if they chose to base there.

Naboo is the birthplace of our Emperor, so the security present on his home planet would be emmense. However, having a base within striking distance of the Emperor's home would mean the Rebels could demoralise our troops by taking over the capital.

Alderaan is suspected of having strong Rebel links, so the Rebels could easily construct a base there. On the other hand, the Rebels likely know that we are aware of Alderaan's rebel ties, and leave it well alone.

Using the information above, I choose to cast my vote to investigate Alderaan.

#vote04 Alderaan

2 hours ago, Indy_com said:

While Endor's trees would provide cover for a hidden base, the native wildlife may be just as hostile to them as it is known  to be against us.  

I’ve got a bad feeling about this

#vote04 endor

18 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

I’ve got a bad feeling about this

#vote04 endor

In this case, I am 90% sure he is right.

We tried the distant planets, and the only one to show any signs was Ryloth. Ryloth is inhabited by sentients and once had a place on the Senate. Maybe, we ought to reorient our search. If the likely spots (Yavin, Dantooine) show no signs of occupation, perhaps the unlikely spots (Alderaan, Naboo) will.

I feel like the right one is where civilization is

#vote04 Naboo

#vote03 Endor

If anything we can investigate these rumors of cannibalism

Well, not cannibalism I guess, just manism

#vote 03 Naboo

Kill jar jar/Kill ewoks... hmmm

Business before pleasure.

..or should that be the other way round?

4 hours ago, PodRacer said:

#vote 03 Naboo

5 hours ago, Caldias said:

#vote03 Endor

Just thought I should say, wrong day guys, it’s vote04 already

#vote04 Endor

Apologies!

#Vote04 Naboo

OBEY