Polda's Legion Bad Guys Emporium (New arrivals: Legacy of Mandalol)

By Polda, in Painting

Well this is certainly working out better than I expected.
r4Np5Oc.jpg

wOG9zNr.jpg

Edited by Polda
3 hours ago, Polda said:

Well this is certainly working out better than I expected. r4Np5Oc.jpg

wOG9zNr.jpg

Love the OSL

That's the best OSL I've seen yet. Fantastic!

Shoretroopers:
69906164_469603096968441_621253256576455

And of course I also got the best faction :D

oOmfKms.jpg

zJGD163.jpg

Qzcjz1c.jpg

99y5s96.jpg

uNoEbam.jpg

D8z8BYj.jpg

7iSn2Iv.jpg

That’s a lot of droids...

The shoretroopers and their stormtrooper pals look really great. They really give a distinct visual impression of a shady forest floor under a thick deciduous canopy, or an alien world with blue lighting. Just a really fun visual design together with well executed painting. Really great stuff man.

nuN0LXQ.jpg

xvk4rTq.jpg

Those bases are incredible. The only problem is that they're so good, they distract from the actual models, which are also great!

10 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

Those bases are incredible. The only problem is that they're so good, they distract from the actual models, which are also great!

That will get fixed once I actually get to some proper highlighting on the models :D I just needed them semi-ready for a demo.

The Nazis are here.....

BZ3BBra.jpg

Those droid bases are absolutely amazing!!! I'm so jealous of your ability.

Roger-Rogers in game. I really love the way they stick out on all of these gray and beige tables :D

(Terrain made by some locals for 40k, Infinity etc.)

8F9q6TD.jpg

Bu3VfVW.jpg

7qQeMyX.jpg

Gk12Cyh.jpg

eHsKWfB.jpg

GgY4q7D.jpg

29bbX2H.jpg

GfEBiEV.jpg

Edited by Polda
On 10/23/2019 at 7:13 AM, Polda said:

Can you elaborate on the materials used for basing? Mainly just the plants. I leave my bases the bare faction-specific cover but I'm making a felucia map at some point and would like the majority of the map covered in small plants like that.

15 minutes ago, Dcalov said:

Can you elaborate on the materials used for basing? Mainly just the plants. I leave my bases the bare faction-specific cover but I'm making a felucia map at some point and would like the majority of the map covered in small plants like that.

Second this! perfect plant life for an Umbara themed army/map.

Edited by madmc326

@madmc326 @Dcalov

Dirt:

Boring old GW texture paint (Stirland Battlemire) - painted Vallejo Alien Purple, washed with 1:1 Water to GW Carroburg Crimson, drybrushed GW Temple Guard Blue, then GW Kislev Flesh (minimal)

Plants:
1. Warlord Games Dry grass tufts, airbrushed GW Mephiston Red, then drybrushed GW Temple Guard Blue:
tuft-straw-tuft-12509-p.jpg

2. Warlord Games Flower tufts, purple on top with green stems. Airbrushed the stems with a blue glaze to hide the bright green color, airbrushed the tops with Vallejo Warlord Purple: heather-10mm-tufts.jpg

3. "Moss ball" plastic aquarium plant, no idea what the actual product was. I cut off individual leaves, painted them Vallejo Magic Blue, Vallejo Warlord Pink and finally Warlord Purple + White mix on the tips.

(The two images are of the actual products used, if you're in the US it's easier to just buy "Alien Tufts" from Gamer Grass.)

Edited by Polda

Today's progress update.

• put more work into Grievous
  • painted top of the chest pieces and shoulders black and more squad markings (think TNG uniforms) and highlighted one of the redshirts as an example of what I'm going for

bxDUXDN.jpg

6KXQt6g.jpg

x1QTgpp.jpg

H0dLXwa.jpg

Ud5236R.jpg

gUnjtpK.jpg

Great droids and I love your shore troopers.

Ok, done now :D

a3GPrfI.jpg

aBTPTkG.jpg

deg4RyQ.jpg

ChFa7C1.jpg

You did it you put C3PO as one of the droid heads, nice

The basing on these really makes them pop

Also, I love the C3PO easter egg :)

Really nice work! The basing puts me in mind of some of the levels from the old, old Clone Wars game.

I finally got my dinotrooper! :D

Where did you get the Tie Fighter model to make the scatter terrain. It's awesome.

Wow! Very bold color choices.

On 12/25/2019 at 2:50 AM, Alcovitch said:

Where did you get the Tie Fighter model to make the scatter terrain. It's awesome.

IIRC it's a Revell easy-kit in a slightly smaller than accurate scale (1:52 as opposed to 1:48).

Dooku before I add OSL

76943664_452038465672210_487935507759308

Edited by Polda