New Character Ideas

By XCcamel, in Imperial Assault Campaign

9 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

So, they still have to spend the extra pt to enter difficult terrain, they just don't have to do it for every single space that enters.

You may want to check rrg for massive vs large ?

But yes, an additional speed or movement bonus would seem appropriate for a vehicle (unless it's a tank)

Edited by TeethAlmighty

Massive doesn't pay extra points, but large does.

Edited by NagyLaci
1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

Actually not.

They ignore impassable and blocking terrain.

rrg, pg 11

So, they still have to spend the extra pt to enter difficult terrain, they just don't have to do it for every single space that enters.

• Massive figures can enter spaces containing blocking terrain and impassable terrain. They can also move through and end their movement on blocked or impassable edges. • Massive figures can enter spaces containing hostile figures and/or difficult terrain at no additional movement cost. • Massive figures cannot enter spaces containing other Massive figures.

Huh, I missed the provision for the difficult terrain. Interesting!

What do y'all think of a Dathomian hero? She could be a cross between force user and healer, using magic to save a fellow hero from death, poisoning enemies (either through a weaken and bleed for a certain number of rounds or a new condition altogether), use voodoo dolls to harm figures within the same group, and provide buffs to teammates.

33 minutes ago, XCcamel said:

What do y'all think of a Dathomian hero? She could be a cross between force user and healer, using magic to save a fellow hero from death, poisoning enemies (either through a weaken and bleed for a certain number of rounds or a new condition altogether), use voodoo dolls to harm figures within the same group, and provide buffs to teammates.

I like that. This game could use some non-Force magic, for sure.

5 hours ago, XCcamel said:

Maybe a pair of heroes one brawler male with the harmfuls on many enemies and the female who is doing nightsister magic. And they would have abilities what the other benefits from or what is useable in cooperation with the other. Maybe they would gain xp together and would get one ability each for spending it.

K_pkiv_g_s_2.png Deployment_Card_Mercenaries_IG_88_Assasi Deployment_Card_Mercenaries_Savage_Opres

Edited by NagyLaci

Just a couple of ideas based off of Descent classes:

Something based on the bard- maybe a hacker who can use two different hacking languages to bring various buffs to the parts, or debuffs to the Empire

Spirit Speaker- A Jedi with an emphasis on the "mind trick" ability

Bounty Hunter- easy, a hero with abilities similar to the Hutt Mercenaries deck

Stalker- a trap centered hero

Treasure hunter- a hero centered on opening crates and making credits ( maybe Ko-Tun already fulfills this)

I've been kicking around the idea of a Sullustan engineer hero. His main shtick would be deploying a turret that can interrupt once per round to fire (like Jyn's quickdraw), but overall battlefield/terrain manipulation would be his theme. Deploying difficult (or even hazardous) terrain, setting up cover or shields that help block damage, a jetpack that makes him mobile, etc. Touches on abilities that a few other heroes have (Jarrod, Drokatta, Jyn) but I think it could be cool to have a defensive support hero who focuses on changing the environment.

3 minutes ago, sionnach19 said:

I've been kicking around the idea of a Sullustan engineer hero. His main shtick would be deploying a turret that can interrupt once per round to fire (like Jyn's quickdraw), but overall battlefield/terrain manipulation would be his theme. Deploying difficult (or even hazardous) terrain, setting up cover or shields that help block damage, a jetpack that makes him mobile, etc. Touches on abilities that a few other heroes have (Jarrod, Drokatta, Jyn) but I think it could be cool to have a defensive support hero who focuses on changing the environment.

I'd like that. Maybe could combine with my hacker/engineer idea to have some abilities that could debuff enemy droids and vehicles.

Reek 2x2 figure

8 threat 13 Hp attack RGY defense black 5 speed

Massive, +1 evade, Surge:cleave 2 Surge:+2 damage

Not that big: You may enter interior spaces and spaces containing massive figures.(cant end movement in massive figures)

surge:Stampede: if you are at least 3 spaces away from where you started your activation choose one:

-Stun and recover 2. If the target is beetween you and a wall or figure it suffers 2 damage. If not push it away 2 spaces.

-After this attack resolves deal 1 damage to two adjacent enemies, Weaken them and push them 1 space.

- -1 damage. After this attack resolves gain 2 movement points and attack another enemy with -2 damage.

You may choose an option once/activation.

57 minutes ago, NagyLaci said:

Reek 2x2 figure

8 threat 13 Hp attack RGY defense black 5 speed

Massive, +1 evade, Surge:cleave 2 Surge:+2 damage

Not that big: You may enter interior spaces and spaces containing massive figures.(cant end movement in massive figures)

surge:Stampede: if you are at least 3 spaces away from where you started your activation choose one:

-Stun and recover 2. If the target is beetween you and a wall or figure it suffers 2 damage. If not push it away 2 spaces.

-After this attack resolves deal 1 damage to two adjacent enemies, Weaken them and push them 1 space.

- -1 damage. After this attack resolves gain 2 movement points and attack another enemy with -2 damage.

Why not just not give it the Massive trait?

If you wanted it to be able to move through difficult terrain and such, just make it mobile- if you want it to be able to displace a figure, another ability could do.

That way, you don't need to write in an exception to Massive.

8 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

Why not just not give it the Massive trait?

If you wanted it to be able to move through difficult terrain and such, just make it mobile- if you want it to be able to displace a figure, another ability could do.

That way, you don't need to write in an exception to Massive.

You are right. It's massive isn't really to displace people, but to work like mobile ,which would be strange on such a massive beast.

And copying 90% of the massive rule part would be much longer and I think unnecessary.

Ability ideas to replace it are welcome . Just not sure it's worth to.

Edited by NagyLaci

Echo Base Troopers have Efficient Travel , which doesn't open up any unforeseen interactions you would get by using Massive or Mobile. (It doesn't allow to enter blocking or impassable spaces or move through their edges though.)

Maybe something like:

Stampede : Gain 2 movement points at the start of your activation. Blocking, impassible, and difficult terrain do not effect any of your movement.

Edited by subtrendy2
1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

Maybe something like:

Stampede : Gain 2 movement points at the start of your activation. Blocking, impassible, and difficult terrain do not effect any of your movement.

Having the bonus movement on an attack is like it stomps down enemies in its path which i feel thematic+it limits its movement. Would be strange if a reek (5+5+2) runs as fast as a nexu. And the different choices in stampede is the most unique part of this character which would be good to keep.

The best combination may be: "Blocking, impassible, and difficult terrain do not effect any of your movement"(figures?)

+ surge:Stampede: if you are at least 3 spaces away from where you started your activation choose one:

I like those, @NagyLaci . Reminds me of stuff like Steelhorns in Descent.

thanks

Edited by NagyLaci

Btw, it's affect . Effects affect things. Other nitpicks: there is no Heal, it should be Recover, and adjacent to a wall is not well defined - is touching a corner of a wall enough? And what about being adjacent to doors?

I think you're trying to cram in too much - pick the signature ability and make it good.

21 hours ago, a1bert said:

Btw, it's affect . Effects affect things. Other nitpicks: there is no Heal, it should be Recover, and adjacent to a wall is not well defined - is touching a corner of a wall enough? And what about being adjacent to doors?

I think you're trying to cram in too much - pick the signature ability and make it good.

Thanks. What do you think the card should have and what it shouldn't? Mobile? Dice changes? Other surge abilities? Stampede changes?

Here's my take on the Reek:

Deployment%20Card%20-%20Mercenaries%20-%

I wanted to give Ram some kind of directional caveat (so you just can't circle around your target for 7 MPs), but I'm not sure how to word it.

Edited by GyldenDamgaard
1 hour ago, GyldenDamgaard said:

Here's my take on the Reek:

I wanted to give Ram some kind of directional caveat (so you just can't circle around your target for 7 MPs), but I'm not sure how to word it.

5ac90b7b999af_DeploymentCard-Mercenaries-Reek(Elite)custom.png.b5b9f11a8f6ea9bc24246ce1e0a79a15.png

Previous reek edited, counting spaces from starting place is a way to restrict ramming to momentum.

Numbers are far from final, not sure about its power.

Another thread wanted an Imperial healer... here's an idea.

Deployment%20Card%20-%20Empire%20-%20Imp

3 minutes ago, GyldenDamgaard said:

Another thread wanted an Imperial healer... here's an idea.

Deployment%20Card%20-%20Empire%20-%20Imp

Seems a bit weak to me. I would increase cost by one or two but give it actions what are at least worth a trooper attack. (important figures won't really go meele so unless enemies come really forward you either improper procedure or heal important allies. 4 speed will rarely allow both.)

+1 blue to improper procedure maybe? A GY attack with repeating field medic as a surge? After an adjacent character is attacked gain two movement points?

Also, is it intended that it can't be reinforced?