Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

By s1ickrick, in X-Wing

5 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

@Sandrem if I open a thread like this on BGG, will you keep us updated like you do here?

Yes. I visit that site often, so I will visit such thread too.

@Sandrem, is there a roadmap to allow online play without tweaking IP configuration and such?

Txs again

10 minutes ago, LUZ_TAK said:

is there a roadmap to allow online play without tweaking IP configuration and such?

I can provide only something like this:

1. Community supports me on Patreon (or someone helps me with coding)
2. I have enough free time and motivation to develop online mode faster
3. ???
4. Profit!!!

Last few months I was the only developer and was busy by creation of missing cards, also Patreon support is decreasing (due to financial situation changes caused by pandemic) - so don't expect from me a lot without enough support.

Maybe I will stay only on do bugfixing, and no more new waves/features until I will have enough support.

23 hours ago, Sandrem said:

I can provide only something like this:

1. Community supports me on Patreon (or someone helps me with coding)
2. I have enough free time and motivation to develop online mode faster
3. ???
4. Profit!!!

Last few months I was the only developer and was busy by creation of missing cards, also Patreon support is decreasing (due to financial situation changes caused by pandemic) - so don't expect from me a lot without enough support.

Maybe I will stay only on do bugfixing, and no more new waves/features until I will have enough support.

Sandrem- thank you for everything that you do.

4 minutes ago, KCDodger said:

You now have all of the FFG-made X-Wing content. 1.8 is a landmark version, honestly.

The first time when I got this achievement - it was in version 1.0

But FFG keeps releasing new ships... 😃

My game jammed after the explosion of thermal detonators. Nothing appreared as bug, everything just...... stopped

2 hours ago, Silver_leader said:

My game jammed after the explosion of thermal detonators. Nothing appreared as bug, everything just...... stopped

Fixed, update will be released soon.

I've loaded FC on my old laptop (2.27 GHz Intel i5, 4G RAM, no gfx accel). It runs but it's super slow.

Was wondering what other hardware people have been using and how well FC plays on it.

1 hour ago, Scrivner said:

It runs but it's super slow.

Try to set lower Quality in Options->Video

4 hours ago, Sandrem said:

Try to set lower Quality in Options->Video

Thanks - I'll give this a try.

I'd still appreciate if anyone has opinions on hardware as I'm probably going to upgrade mine soon.

16 hours ago, Scrivner said:

I've loaded FC on my old laptop (2.27 GHz Intel i5, 4G RAM, no gfx accel). It runs but it's super slow.

Was wondering what other hardware people have been using and how well FC plays on it.

Most newer Windows/Mac/Linux laptops will work just fine but definitely a good idea to have a graphics card even if on the low end or at least integrated graphics on the processor. I play sometimes on my work laptop (shh, don't tell). It's an Intel I7, 1.9 GHz 4 core, 16G RAM, but it's also got both the integrated graphics on the processor and an NVIDIA Quadro P500 (which is a very piddly graphics card). It runs fine on that machine. I also sometimes ran it on my old work computer, which I don't remember the specs exactly but I know it only had the integrated graphics.

My game freezes every time I use the pilot Zam Wesell (Seperatist). It usually happens after I use her ability a couple of times. so mid-game.