The Complete Species Guide

By Yaccarus, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

14 hours ago, Ahrimon said:

look for the unofficial species menagerie. it has some of them.

I do have it, but I like Yaccarus' work, and love having one complete source. Several of these can also be found in the GMAC on these forums as well.

19 hours ago, DarthKaage said:

Kalleran

Canon

Lasat

Canon

Abednedo

Canon

Updates from Dawn of Rebellion

Canon

Gen'DAi

OP

Well, that seems mostly like a species of OP Marauders, but I could definitely give you my take on them.

Tchuukthai

Brawn 4, Agility 1, Presence 1

WT 18, ST 12

65 XP

1 rank in Discipline or Charm

Armor: Receive the talent “Enduring.”

Claws: Deal +1 Brawl damage as wounds and have a Crit rating of 3.

Silhouette 2

There are a few bits of errata that I have inadvertently stumbled upon in my time spent on Wookieepedia.

I would fix these, but unfortunately, Google Drive deleted many of the original files. I have multiple saves of the PDF versions, but I haven’t had the motivation to re-create the text files and edit them.

First, the stuff on Givin math greetings turned out to be Canon only.

Same for the Quarren Ink Spray ability I think . It’s probably best to remove the ink spray and change starting XP to 100.

I am thinking about getting back into this project; however, it’s AP testing season and I also need to finish everything on my Minecraft server before the season ends do some other stuff. If I do start again, it will be mid-May or later. If that does happen, here’s a not-final list of species that could be upcoming.

Ongree, Savrip, Fett Clone , Siniteen, Reiget, Sarkan, Pyke, Ssi-Ruu, Yevetha, Neti, Lorrdian, Killik, Nelvaanian, Florn Lamproid, Nagai, Troig, Ranat, Bimm, Defel, Korunnai Human, Alsakan Human, Nimbanel, Kage, Ubese, Snivvian, Baragwin, Triffian, Yinchorri, Khil, Chistori, Dashade, Thakwaash, Colicoid, Kushiban, Anomid, and Er’kit.

The unfortunate irony of the Complete Species Guide is that with the premise of including every possible species, it may never be complete.

On 3/13/2018 at 12:01 PM, DarthKaage said:

Thank you very much for your hard work on this project, I absolutely love it. I think you might have stopped working on this for a while, but when and if you do get back into it, I have a number of requests. : ) In no particular order:

Updates from Dawn of Rebellion

Bimm, Chistori, Dashade, Defel, Farghul, Kalleran (in No Disintegrations), Khil, Krevaaki, Lasat, Gen'DAi, Neti, Taung, vollick, Ubese, Thakwaash, Rattataki (from the Old Republic video game), Pyke, Nagai, Nelvaanian, Feeorin, Codru-ji, Ongree, Abednedo, Voss, Gormak, Sarkhai, Kiffar, Wroonian, Draethos, Omwati, Kushiban, and possiblly the wonderfully named "Yoda's Species"

I stated the Pyke species some time back, though the write up itself has some fanon elements in it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vc53h7Edv7DLtzoWh27LIiFxj3d7YjjLnKjRjUQ-1Y4

Impressive. Most impressive.

Thanks. I like your take on the Miraluka.

On 3/29/2018 at 9:41 AM, Yaccarus said:

Well, that seems mostly like a species of OP Marauders, but I could definitely give you my take on them.

Tchuukthai

Brawn 4, Agility 1, Presence 1

WT 18, ST 12

65 XP

1 rank in Discipline or Charm

Armor: Receive the talent “Enduring.”

Claws: Deal +1 Brawl damage as wounds and have a Crit rating of 3.

Silhouette 2

Actually, one of the main characters from Tales of the Jedi, namely Jedi Master Thon , was a Tchuukthai. And, as a species, they tend to be much more contemplative and peaceful, not marauders at all.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

I can see that argument, and I would of course explain that in the society section. But, if I saw that stat block when creating a PC, it would be very tempting to create an outcast more inclined towards violence. Same sort of thing for Gen’dai except even more OP.

20 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

I can see that argument, and I would of course explain that in the society section. But, if I saw that stat block when creating a PC, it would be very tempting to create an outcast more inclined towards violence. Same sort of thing for Gen’dai except even more OP.

To qoute:

Personality: Tchuukthai are contemplative, free thinking, secretive, and slow to anger. Some prefer to be left alone, while others seem genuinely interested in meeting new species. Depending on their general demeanor, Tchuukthai are either annoyed or amused by other species’ reactions to their appearance and size. They disdain conflict but fight fiercely when sufficiently provoked.

First of all, I am working on v5.

Second, I just finished Pykes , but I can assure you that the timing is coincidental. The write-up is Legends (as usual) so there’s no Solo spoilers.

Third, thanks for introducing me to Sarkans , SavageBob!

Fourth, I might be sending links live as I create write-ups. Once the whole wave is finished, I will compile into a full PDF.

2 hours ago, Yaccarus said:

First of all, I am working on v5.

Second, I just finished Pykes , but I can assure you that the timing is coincidental. The write-up is Legends (as usual) so there’s no Solo spoilers.

Third, thanks for introducing me to Sarkans , SavageBob!

Fourth, I might be sending links live as I create write-ups. Once the whole wave is finished, I will compile into a full PDF.

Solo: The Official Guide has some new stuff on the Pyke biology that's non-spoiler.

Even if there is more info in Canon, I am sticking to purely Legends for consistency’s sake.

Very nice collection, thank you for the great work!

That look really awsome, can't wait see it :)

Looks good! My group used the Unofficial Species Menagerie, since one wanted to play a Ryn and another a Zeltron, and I don't think we're going to convert, but your versions look a little more solid. Congratulations!

I also did my stats for Yuuzhan Vong for my homebrew campaign, thought you might find them interesting:

First of all, I do have Yuuzhan Vong. You’ll find them in the Willpower 3 section.

I think their resistance to pain, intimidating nature, ambition, persistent following of their gods, and fearlessness all indicate high Willpower. Brawn 3 is certainly reasonable, but I don’t see it in every caste. Your idea of getting a bit of a bonus to each caste makes sense given the separation and refusal to inter-breed; I might use that.

My take:

Willpower 3, Presence 1

WT 13, ST 15

90 XP

Force Immunity: When being targeted by telekinesis, remove 4 symbols (either light side or dark side) after the roll. Still may not remove symbols when being attacked indirectly, such as when being thrown at. When being targeted by other Force Powers, such as Sense, Foresee, Heal, Harm, or Influence, cause the Force Power check to automatically fail.

Yeah, saw your take on the Vong, and it certainly makes sense. Though they're also described as on average larger than humans, though not so much they can't pass as them with appropriate disguises, and being more physically powerful. Brawn 3 or Willpower 3 work equally well, based on which aspect you want to focus on.

The caste system was such an important focus for their character as a species, I felt it was important to bring that out in the mechanics as well.

Not knocking your interpretation at all, it's very good.

This prompted me to (as usual) change stuff. I really can’t make an argument for why castes should get different stats, so I added those. While I was at, I simplified their Force immunity and rewrote some of the stuff.

I’ve been reading the NJO books for the past few months, and I also noticed their insane tolerance for pain. 12+ didn’t feel like enough, so I figured that 14+ would be more reasonable.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pmLHDq_d_eh-FhwPYECpAL5rVl1l-4wHf_uElKGZ-v0

There's that new race from Age of Rebellion that is resistant to pain. They could make a good sounding board for your design ideas.

Yaccarus,

First of all, I love your work. My group runs our game off your species list and it works great. You truly sparked life and interest back into our campaign.

Sephi

That is my only species request, if you get the chance. Thanks for everything.

On 6/1/2018 at 10:08 PM, Yaccarus said:

Ohhh, does this mean you're working on a dataset for the generator?

On 6/4/2018 at 1:05 AM, Seven Hells said:

Yaccarus,

First of all, I love your work. My group runs our game off your species list and it works great. You truly sparked life and interest back into our campaign.

Sephi 

That is my only species request, if you get the chance. Thanks for every  thing.   

Thank you very much for the encouragement. About Sephi: They’re on my list ; I like them as well.

2 hours ago, tiederian said:

Ohhh, does this mean you're working on a dataset for the generator?

Yep.