The Complete Species Guide

By Yaccarus, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Once the whole thing is said and done, I’ll try to do some credits. Maybe throw in a table of contents and some title pages...

12 hours ago, Yaccarus said:

With 27 species, this is as close as I’ll get to releasing one quarter portion. Willpower 3 is complete!

I try to pretend the Jazz singers don’t exist... lol. I think the real willpower 3 candidates are those who can watch those two without losing their shi.t.

On 1/5/2018 at 3:56 PM, Matt Skywalker said:

Have you ideas for the stats for the ancient sith species?

Ditto here please.

Great work so far.

As you are not listing all the stats is the default 2 or am I mis-remembering?

Edited by Ogrebear
6 hours ago, Ogrebear said:

As you are not listing all the stats is the default 2 or am I mis-remembering?

• Characteristics not mentioned are assumed to be two.
  • The wound and strain thresholds factor in starting Brawn/Willpower.
  • If not mentioned after a rank in a skill, “Still may not train ______________ above 2 during character creation.”

I think that should clear up any issues while you're trying to read the stats.

Also, Presence 3 is now available!

Edited by Yaccarus
8 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:
  • Characteristics not mentioned are assumed to be three.

I think you mean 2. Otherwise, the Presence 3, Willpower 3, etc. lists would be redundant.

6 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

I think you mean 2. Otherwise, the Presence 3, Willpower 3, etc. lists would be redundant.

Yeah...

If only I proofread these posts as much as I proofread the species guides.

The species with no characteristics at 3 have been added.

At this point, I’m going to compile the PDFs into a single document and add some title pages and image credits.

Edited by Yaccarus

This is awesome! Great work!

Could you possibly do ZeHethbra, Ho'Din and Amaran?

On 1/3/2018 at 9:33 AM, EliasWindrider said:

Have you looked at the unofficial species menagerie?

I have no idea what the GMAC acronym stands for.

Grand Movie Alien Compendium.

Edit: looks like I wasn't needed.

Edited by Degenerate Mind

I think I’ll get this survey done sooner rather than later:

After I finish off a compiled version with all of them in one, I will be working on adding even more species. What these species are is really up to you guys. So, that being said, I would like to ask for any and all requests.

Settled on:

Sith: Now at three requests

Probably:

Cathar, Miraluka, ZeHethbra, Ho’Din, Amaran, Togorian, Neti, Lepi, Skrilling, Vodran, Iotran, Tunroth, Yarkora: Now at 1 request each

On the Fence:

Savrips: I believe I got a request for Savrip, although I’d personally be concerned over balancing issues.

Other Ideas:

Yuuzhan Vong, Yarkora, Yevetha, Mrlssi, Fosh, Ssi-Ruu, Vulptereen, Shawda Ubb, Bimm, Ryn: These are what I thought of as the more notable ones to be left out.

I’ll probably edit this post when/if more requests come in.

(Side note: compiled version should be up tonight or tomorrow night CST)

Edited by Yaccarus

Can I ask for the Yuzzem (Big fuzzy ones) and Sandrips please.

Yuzzum are already in. I can’t find “Sandrips” anywhere on Wookieepedia, did you make a typo?

Edited by Yaccarus

Maybe Savrips?

Thank you for taking requests.

I would like to throw some votes towards Togorian, Neti, Dressellian, Lepi, Skrilling.

I'm new to the game and I'm so glad I found this community. You guys come up with great stuff.

Dressellians are already in. :)

The full version is out!

I’ll now be working on adding more species.

Full version looks great!!!

A few more that would be neat to see...

Vodran, Iotran, Tunroth, Yarkora

For you guys interested in the Sith species, I'm working on their page now. However, I'm running into an issue that I could use some help on.

I'm not really interested in Force and Destiny, so I don't have any of that stuff. However, I think it would make sense for the Kissai to get a discount on purchasing the Dark Side leaning force powers, reflecting their knowledge of the Dark Side. Any ideas as to what those powers would be? Is Alchemy in the game?

Edited by Yaccarus
On 1/13/2018 at 1:16 PM, Yaccarus said:

For you guys interested in the Sith species, I'm working on their page now. However, I'm running into an issue that I could use some help on.

I'm not really interested in Force and Destiny, so I don't have any of that stuff. However, I think it would make sense for the Kissai to get a discount on purchasing the Dark Side leaning force powers, reflecting their knowledge of the Dark Side. Any ideas as to what those powers would be? Is Alchemy in the game?

My 2 cents is 3 Brawn with 1 Willpower, or 3 Presence with 1 Agility. I don't know that there is a right answer here. Having read the Knights of the Old Republic Comics, Sith were strong and cunning imo, not necessarily lacking in Willpower or Agility though. Twice their species lead a war that almost annihilated the Old Republic which is why I mention Presence. They were a warrior culture, so ranks in brawl or melee would make sense too.

I know that there are other thread dedicated to both Sith and Miraluka if you do a search. :-)

8 minutes ago, SacredRebirth said:

My 2 cents is 3 Brawn with 1 Willpower, or 3 Presence with 1 Agility. I don't know that there is a right answer here. Having read the Knights of the Old Republic Comics, Sith were strong and cunning imo, not necessarily lacking in Willpower or Agility though. Twice their species lead a war that almost annihilated the Old Republic which is why I mention Presence. They were a warrior culture, so ranks in brawl or melee would make sense too.

I know that there are other thread dedicated to both Sith and Miraluka if you do a search. :-)

This is my take so far:

Stats:
Sith Lord:

WT 13, ST 13
110 XP
1 rank in Coercion or Leadership
Sith Secrets: When purchasing the base version of _______ or ________, reduce the cost by 5 XP.
Kissai:
Cunning 3, Brawn 1
WT 11, ST 13
95 XP
1 rank in Discipline or Knowledge-Lore
Sith Secrets: When purchasing the base version of _______ or ________, reduce the cost by 5 XP.
Massassi:
Brawn 3, Intellect 1
WT 15, ST 12
95 XP
1 rank in Discipline or Melee
Zuguruk:
Intellect 3, Agility 1
WT 12, ST 14
95 XP
1 rank in Athletics or Mechanics

Support:

The Sith Lords seem to the most human-like, the most closely related to Dark Jedi. Hence, human-like stats. I threw in some stuff to reflect both their Dark Side abilities (Details pending) and their leadership roles.

The Kissai lack physical strength, and many seem quite thin. However, they are quite devious. Given their priestly role, I gave them Lore as a skill. Also, Dark Side abilities. (Details pending)

The Massassai seem to be brute force marauders and are described as rather unintelligent, so those stats were pretty straightforward.

The Zuguruk seem to specialize in manual labor as much as they do technology, so I tried to represent both in the profile. They seemed a little bulky, so I reduced Agility.

Edited by Yaccarus
Added explanation
18 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

This is my take so far:

Stats:
Sith Lord:

WT 13, ST 13
110 XP
1 rank in Coercion or Leadership
Kissai:
Cunning 3, Brawn 1
WT 11, ST 13
95 XP
1 rank in Discipline or Knowledge-Lore
Massassi:
Brawn 3, Intellect 1
WT 15, ST 12
95 XP
1 rank in Discipline or Melee
Zuguruk:
Intellect 3, Agility 1
WT 12, ST 14
95 XP
1 rank in Athletics or Mechanics

Wow, I'm really impressed! I hadn't even thought about breaking them up like that. Instead of Sith Lord, I would use Sith'ari. It means the same thing ("In the original Sith, the term "Sith'ari" translated literally into "lord" or "overlord"." - Wookieepedia), but sounds cooler. I think it fits better with the other caste names. :-)

On the Miraluka front, many people argue that Miraluka need to start with a Force rating of one. I am sympathetic to their argument, however, I would argue that any Miraluka with a starting Force rating would start with a F&D class anyway (which will account for the Force rating). I would probably do:

• Characteristics: 1 Brawn 3 Willpower
  • Wound Threshold: 9 + Brawn
  • Strain Threshold: 12 + Willpower
  • Starting Experience: 120 XP
  • Special Abilities:
    • Miraluka gain a rank in Perception or Vigilance (cannot go beyond 2 at start). Miraluka cannot be blinded by normal means, and remove any [Setback] due to low light or darkness.
    • Physically Blind - All Athletics, Piloting, and Combat checks receive two [Setback] (excluding when force assisted).
    • Force Sight - Invest 20 XP during character creation or 40 XP after character creation to nullify the effects of Physical Blindness.

I would of course differ to your better more experienced judgement.

I would probably uses the Blinded critical injury definition for consistency’s sake. That being said:

a. That would be a really harsh penalty to upgrade the difficulty of all checks twice.

b. Even without the Force, being used to blindness could reduce the effects.

I definitely agree with making them pay for a Force Rating, just like I did for Sith and Dathomirian.

On 10/01/2018 at 3:44 PM, Yaccarus said:

Yuzzum are already in. I can’t find “Sandrips” anywhere on Wookieepedia, did you make a typo?

I did indeed- I meant the Savrips of dejarik fame : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mantellian_Savrip/Legends