The Complete Species Guide

By Yaccarus, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I feel like Brawn 4 is the only thing that would do those guys justice, but that could create some balancing issues...

Suggestion to this is to maybe include a note as to which species aren't from official material?

Cuts down on confusion amidst newer players and GMs as to why they won't find some of these species in the published material no matter how hard they look.

23 hours ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

Suggestion to this is to maybe include a note as to which species aren't from official material?

Cuts down on confusion amidst newer players and GMs as to why they won't find some of these species in the published material no matter how hard they look.

A good point and If possible add reference book and page in official material would help.

It will be done.

Also, as much as I dislike humans, (please don’t take that out of context, I just find non-human characters to be more interesting) I was thinking about adding some more unique human profiles to make Corellians less of an outlier. Having read Strongholds of Resistance, I’m planning on doing Chandrillan. What else would we be thinking? Alderaanian? Anaxian? Brentaalan?

Chalactan and Lorrdian come to mind.

Mandalorian, as well.

Mandalorians are in. (And they’re also available for non-humans)

Arkanian are in Disciples of Harmony, the Consular Sourcebook.

I know this has been taking awhile, so I feel like I owe you an update.

• Slowly but surely, I have been adding more species. There are eight and half more that need doing at this point.
  • I have recently decided to do another proofread through everything, as I learned that comma usage in many of the pages has been incorrect.
  • I have also been changing all of the descriptions to singular for clarity. (Ie. Instead of “heads with pointed foreheads and two eyes,” I will be saying “a head with a pointed forehead and two eyes.”
  • I think I might add an appendix with name examples for each species.
  • This process should take until the end of next week or so.

This is a great guide for me to build NPCs from (I am doing my first GMing run with a solo player so haven't had the opportunity to see how they work with PCs). Thanks for the effort and time you have put into this.

I am considering transferring the data from the guide into a custom dataset for Oggdude's Character Generator - not sure if I'll find the time to do this just yet but if it comes around are you happy for me to share it with folks?

Of course!

I’ve been trying to stick to species that I can get a color, full-body, semi-reaistic image for in the CSG.

However, I can give you a profile:

Brawn 3 seems obvious enough for their description.

Nothing really to go on for Agility.

One was a tech and a medic, but it seems like that isn’t a common role. 2 Intellect it is.

Nothing really to go on for Cunning, although they don’t seem easily tricked based on the fact that two are bouncers. We’ll still go with 2, as talents can describe that better.

While being quick to anger indicates Willpower 1, intimidation also suggests a high ranking. Cancels out to get 2.

One is anti-social, and they are described as loners, so Presence 1 is a clear choice.

Thrown in a WT boost for their size (WT 15) and an ST decrease for being easily angered (ST 11)

A rank in Coercion or Brawl would make the most since for their abilities.

Bouncers seems to be common among them, so they can get Nobody’s Fool.

This adds up to about 100 XP.

Brawn 3, Presence 1

WT 15, ST 11

100 XP

1 rank in Brawl or Coercion

Bouncers: Receive the talent “Nobody’s Fool.”

Well... What I’m considering version 4 is now out, now including 144 species, an appendix with sample names, correct comma usage, and more corrected formatting.

I’m mostly planning on keeping it this way, as I’m ready to be done with this whole thing for a while.

If you spot any typos, formatting issues, incorrect information, grammar errors, etc. please inform me, and I can work on further improving everything. I’m not planning on any major updates with new species for awhile, although if future books include any species that exist in Legends and aren’t in the Complete Species Guide, I will make sure to add those. I hope you enjoy the new species that have been added.

Other thoughts:

Old version are also out, cause why not?

This is me right now:

The Complete Species Guide has now gone Beyond 140 .

Your link doesn’t seem to work. Also, Anzati are on page 96 of the Complete Species Guide if you haven’t seem them.

On 1/24/2018 at 11:23 AM, Demon4x4 said:

Mandalorian, as well.

On 1/24/2018 at 12:00 PM, Yaccarus said:

Mandalorians are in. (And they’re also available for non-humans)

Mandalorians are in Friends Like These .

That they are. But, unlike Friends Like These , these Mandalorian stats can apply to members of any species. They also better reflect Mandalorian ways.

Did you add in the Karkarodon? They are one of the more badass aquatic species in the SW Universe.

Indeed I have. They’re in the Brawn 3 section.

I don't know if you're taking requests but I'd love to see your take on the Yinchorri - particularly their two-caste system and resistance to Force manipulation. One of my players has won himself a life debt-style arrangement with one so looks like I'll be writing one up soon.

Thank you very much for your hard work on this project, I absolutely love it. I think you might have stopped working on this for a while, but when and if you do get back into it, I have a number of requests. : ) In no particular order:

Updates from Dawn of Rebellion

Bimm, Chistori, Dashade, Defel, Farghul, Kalleran (in No Disintegrations), Khil, Krevaaki, Lasat, Gen'DAi, Neti, Taung, vollick, Ubese, Thakwaash, Rattataki (from the Old Republic video game), Pyke, Nagai, Nelvaanian, Feeorin, Codru-ji, Ongree, Abednedo, Voss, Gormak, Sarkhai, Kiffar, Wroonian, Draethos, Omwati, Kushiban, and possiblly the wonderfully named "Yoda's Species"

2 hours ago, DarthKaage said:

Thank you very much for your hard work on this project, I absolutely love it. I think you might have stopped working on this for a while, but when and if you do get back into it, I have a number of requests. : ) In no particular order:

Updates from Dawn of Rebellion

Bimm, Chistori, Dashade, Defel, Farghul, Kalleran (in No Disintegrations), Khil, Krevaaki, Lasat, Gen'DAi, Neti, Taung, vollick, Ubese, Thakwaash, Rattataki (from the Old Republic video game), Pyke, Nagai, Nelvaanian, Feeorin, Codru-ji, Ongree, Abednedo, Voss, Gormak, Sarkhai, Kiffar, Wroonian, Draethos, Omwati, Kushiban, and possiblly the wonderfully named "Yoda's Species"

look for the unofficial species menagerie. it has some of them.