What expansions would you like to see next?

By A Duck1, in Tide of Iron

Just Stalingrad will do for now as far as the eastern front is concerned. Then I'd like to see a Pacific expansion and French, Italian and Polish armies including a few new mapboards.

An all terrain expansion would be very welcome too and a new comprehensive and updated rulebook! Also cards instead of unit sheets!

I wouldn't mind them making one for the Pacific Threater.

Pacific Theater is definately the next stop. Jungles(i.e. Guadalcanal), volcanic **** holes(i.e. Iwo Jima), etc. I just hope it doesn't grow to incorporate naval engagements. That's when A&A mini's went to ****.

RAF1945 said:

I agree -- Pacific next, please!

I don't want FFG to pull a Squad Leader (Avalon Hill) on us, and never finish the series with the Pacific expansion. It really sucked when Avalon Hill announced a Pacific expansion for SL, then dropped the series in favor of ASL before releasing that module.

AnglePark said:

And with more than 9 map boards. I would rather see 12 nice vacation-spot-type pacific boards.

KlausFritsch said:

And with more than 9 map boards. I would rather see 12 nice vacation-spot-type pacific boards.

I agree each theater should have been a base game with expansions expanding each theater

Like how there was the base Toi then normandy

I would have liked seeing the FotB and DotF being larger games with their own expansions

AnglePark said:

RAF1945 said:

I don't want FFG to pull a Squad Leader (Avalon Hill) on us, and never finish the series with the Pacific expansion. It really sucked when Avalon Hill announced a Pacific expansion for SL, then dropped the series in favor of ASL before releasing that module.

As long as it took to release FotB, I'd be suprised to see anything else released for ToI. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a pacific expansion! I just think we're looking at th end o' the line for ToI products, IMHO.

kaufschtick said:

AnglePark said:

RAF1945 said:

As long as it took to release FotB, I'd be suprised to see anything else released for ToI. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a pacific expansion! I just think we're looking at th end o' the line for ToI products, IMHO.

hm, i second that. no support, no additional scenarios made online available, no new faq... puh... toi is great as it is, too bad the scenario editor and the player-made scenarios were extinctioned. fotb was rather expensive and seemed to be a failure for me, moneywise. so i believe there will be no more stuff comin up, too.

but i keep my fingers crossed for a pacific or an ardennes expansion (or another campaaign expansion...read the rules manual for normandy, back in 2008, "future" campaign expansions were promised...and now were we`re charging right into 2012)

greetings from germany! (and watch out for the hobbit trailer released app. 6h from now, hehe...)

If they make expansions I would like them to also make a GREAT connected group of scenarios forming a campaign. I think the only thing that Memoir 44 makes MUCH better than tide of iron are campaigns.

wtm_tiger2.jpg

How difficult would it be for FFG to find some more plastic models of same scale, like the KingTiger, which, if I am not mistaken, is molded from a 10mm Pendraken metal model shown above?

Pendraken seems to have the largest variety of 10mm models Ive seen made in metal, from which I presume, molds can be made to make plastic versions?

The 10mm scale seems to fit well with the TOI hexsize better than 144th scale IMO. I really would like to get all the vehicles in this 10mm scale, which I believe is the scale of the models in the TOI base game. It would be preferable to have them in plastic, but I do not know how to make(yet) molds from metal models, so was hoping maybe FFG knew who does, or could do it themselves. I would certainly be willing to pay for an expansion pack of models that would replace the smaller models such as Panther, T-34, Crusaders, and Self propelled assault guns, which are not the same scale as the base set of Shermans, Tiger I and Pz-IVs.

Also, would be nice to have some early war models in 10mm scale ., which Pendraken just happens to have too. And they have artillery, AT guns, also, so maybe a slightly larger 57 mm AT gun and a slightly larger 88 flak gun might round it out nicely.

If someone from FFG sees this post, please state whether such an option is possible or not, so I will stop asking as I have been doing for the last year, and start off the new year knowing what suggestions not to bother posting.

:

I would love to see an Operation Market Garden add on.

Could we change history by allowing the British Paras to hold the Arnhen road bridge, for XXX Corps to meet up with them. There were so many mini battles, you could either fight some of them or take on the whole campgain

peebee said:

I would love to see an Operation Market Garden add on.

Could we change history by allowing the British Paras to hold the Arnhen road bridge, for XXX Corps to meet up with them. There were so many mini battles, you could either fight some of them or take on the whole campgain

Market Garden is a fantastic campaign for linked scenarios and fighting several battles for area control. A campaign map would be necessary.

More scenarios!

We have a fantastic russian front expansion with nice russian tanks (if you take away the errors and lack of errata). Give me more scenarios!

Dana Lombardy: MARKET GARDEN CAMPAIGN IN DESIGNER SERIES VOL. 2, please!!!

However, I dont like the campain rules in normandy. Its too one-sided. Where only one side gets all the fun, and the victory of the last scenario is almost independent of the first one. Where onlye onside gets all the fun, while the other is played as a game master.

Make it a real campain, where killed squads are killed and cannot be transfered to next round. Sure you can bring in reinforcements (for both sides) but the number of reinforcements should be held fixed (not dependent on how many were killed last round). And make it such that both teams gets to transfere survivers and medal of honor promotions.

Grand Stone said:

More scenarios!

We have a fantastic russian front expansion with nice russian tanks (if you take away the errors and lack of errata). Give me more scenarios!

You're right on the button on that call! This game needs scenarios something fierce, most especially for the Russian front!

My biggest fear/drawback with ToI right now is the lack of game support. DoW has just pounded out new material for M44 for the last 8 years. Zvezda is now pounding out new material for Art of Tactic, and so ToI just starts to slip into the background for me.

If FFG got together and put a really good scenario editor on here like DoW does for M44, that would be the first thing I think FFG ought to get done for Tide, but really, that should have happened a long, long time ago.

Yeah,I hear all of you.It would be a travesty to stop supporting ToI now.We need a Pacific exp. as well as Italians and more scenarios.Also,a campaign system would be good along with a scenario editor.Hmmm,seems I 've heard all this before.However,the absence of any reply by the management,hopefully,is not ominous.If you (the management)are reading these posts,please do not diss your faithful fans and supporters by not supporting this fine game.After all,we can't get any closer to you as this is your forum.That is all.

rmnhammer

This game is almost complete. What it needs is a Blitzkrieg expansion, meaning early campaigns of Germany against Poland, France, and in the Balkans. Included should be early models of the panzers, such as the Panzer I, & II's and Czech 38t's

Blitzkrieg expansion all the way (perhaps after the ****).

I would settle for a cardboard counter version of TOI, and foldable boards with a smaller hex size, thus larger battle area, similar to Conflict of Heroes. The FFG graphics department could make some nice counters, printed on front and back perhaps, and with more hexes per board, could include a whole lot of missing units like armor cars, artillery field guns,SPAs, Nebelwerfers, and Katusha trucks, etc, and add all the other vehicles and tanks from early war.And some aircraft counters too. Fit it all in the bookcase size box, and I will be happy to pay $40 or more for it.

Add rules for tranportation of AT guns and artillery pieces, and rules for AA guns and aircraft counters for different types of ground attack airplanes.

Change Combined Fire rule to +1/unit participating with lead unit and have a command radius of some no. of hexes relative to the lead units hex. IE. all participating units must be within a specified no. of hexes to the lead unit, as determined by scenario or other rule relating to command abilities of particular nation. For example, German command radius might be specified as 3 hexes (having more radios), while the Russian command radius might be one 1 hex, (having to use visual signaling,). Thus, a CF attack with Russian lead unit,would require any participating units, to be adjacent to the lead unit.

I would like to see us the users to put up our own scenarios online for everyone to try out. I know this would be much better if FFG had a good editor for us to use. But one user posted a tile system on BBG that we can make maps on, and also scenario templates. (although I have made my own custom template that i can import the tile system map into)

I have been working on a few scenarios (3 russian ones) and also have been working on a mini campaign (Battle for the la fiere bridge). The campaigne dosnt work like the one in Normandy as both sides have objectives each mission that effect the next.

They are coming along very slowly ATM due to play testing, as I only have 1 or 2 ppl where I live that play ToI (though I have been doing alot of solo play testing)

I have a Russian scenario that is probably close to being ready to post for users to try out. In most ToI scenarios there is normally one side attacking and the other defending. In this one both sides will be attacking and defending, as the russians need to take some early objectives and then set up for a German counter attack. the earlier the russians defeat the german intial defending force the more time they have to prepare for the german counter attack (so there may be a round where only the russian can take actions. though if the german defence is effective enough the counter attack can take place before the russians get into positions (then turing into battlefield chaos)

It will include custom sniper rules and AT gun towing rules (they fit into the ToI rule set by not being overlly complicated but functional)

Aussie_Digger said:

I would like to see us the users to put up our own scenarios online for everyone to try out.

Good idea, but where to put them?

I'm realy looking forward to your scenarios Aussie_Digger. I realy enjoy a lot of things from the russian war, however based on reading the oficial scenarios and the reviews, its only one of them which I actually want to play, and that one would take an extremly long time to play.

I would realy like to make a collection of fan-made scenarios which are 1) play-tested 2) proof read and 3) high quality. I'm thinking maybe the 10 or 20 best fan made scenarios, bundle them together into a big pdf file. If we get the authors aproval we can even bug-fix the scenarios. Small error can be quit catastrophic and its allways sad that a brilliant scenario gets spoiled by a stupid misstake. We can also write a general section of common house rule, including

1) towing of AT guns. (seems like a lot of people wants this and a lot of people uses some house rules regarding these. But it would be better if all fan made scenarios uses the same hourse rules...)

2) Stug and jagdpanzer: 5 armor and no fire and movement

3) snipers units (I like them being units instead of a card)

4) whatnot

The major point is that we would have a set of scenarios which we have approved. Thus only high-quality, balanced scenarios :)

KlausFritsch said:

Aussie_Digger said:

I would like to see us the users to put up our own scenarios online for everyone to try out.

Good idea, but where to put them?

When Its finished Im going to post it in the file section on the tide of iron page on boardgame geek, since FFG isnt supporting ToI fans

I got all the expansions for TOI...even the volume 1 book.....and after playing so many of these scenarios this is the wish list i would like to have for any other expansion that comes out:

1- operation market garden CAMPAIGNS for the 101st parartroops (specially EASY company) with more than only 4 scenarios! it is a shame that such a great idea of a campaign only has 4 scenarios(normandy)....i think it should be at least 6 and at most 8.

2- a stalindgrad CAMPAIGN, also with more scenarios and introduce new maps for city fighting! including also sniper squads (not just a card!) snipers were made famous in stalingrad so it would be awesome to have specializatoins for snipers

3 - a pacific expansion with at least 10 scenarios and introduce the japanese army.

4. an AIRPLANES expansion! where you can use figure airplanes in the game (much like memoir 44 AIR PACK expansion)...instead of using cards..that would be awesome!! that way the americans can use P-51's and brits the spitfires, hurricanes, etc! and the germans the messerschmitt bf109's etc etc.!! that woudl be super awesome...and make it so that u can use these planes with ANY of the scenarios as long as the scenario calls for air support cards! this should also be included for any PACIFIC war expansion for the **** and americans

5- a new VOLUMNE 2 book with scenarios for teh fury of the bear, normandy, maybe incloude a nice long cammpaign, more days of the fox scenarios.

and last but not least, a list of things that should be done in the future for any expansion:

-more scenarios

-more turns per scenario (please eliminate the 4-6 turns!! so annoying to haev such few turns when the map is larger than 6 boards!!)

-more actions per nation (so annoying to have only 3 turns when they give you an army of more than 15 bases/tanks etc!! u never get to activate all of them!)

-more balanced scenarios

ok these are my thoughts.s...i hope FFG comes out with cooler expansions in the future!