Star Wars: Kings of Nar Shaddaa (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Just now, Shlambate said:

Aww Fire the big gun!!!

I bet it doesn't have missiles in it right now.

10 hours ago, satkaz said:

Alright, gonna take that action into a maneuver and take some cover near the boxes for now.

So Het passes her initiative slot to the Sharpshooter.. and he uses his action to take cover..? ?

Has there been any IC chatter about the missle launchers, or was that all internal?

7 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

So Het passes her initiative slot to the Sharpshooter.. and he uses his action to take cover..? ?

Has there been any IC chatter about the missle launchers, or was that all internal?    

Hey, not gonna stand out there and get shot at opening a box.

If it's in italics, it's internal.

1. @BeingofMortis
  2. @AdvocatXD
  3. @Edgehawk
  4. Duros Group 2, soak 4, 46/50 wounds, 10/10 men
  5. Duros Group 1, soak 4, 50/50 wounds 10/10 men
  6. @satkaz
  7. -

@AdvocatXD , as @Edgehawk is just hunkering down at this point, you can take the third initiative slot if you want to get stuck into the fight.

@satkaz I don't know if you saw but you can

@satkaz Fire the BFG already!!!

14 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:
  1. @BeingofMortis
  2. @AdvocatXD
  3. @Edgehawk
  4. Duros Group 2, soak 4, 46/50 wounds, 10/10 men
  5. Duros Group 1, soak 4, 50/50 wounds 10/10 men
  6. @satkaz
  7. -

@AdvocatXD , as @Edgehawk is just hunkering down at this point, you can take the third initiative slot if you want to get stuck into the fight.

@satkaz I don't know if you saw but you can

I can fire the missile launcher? I would have thought the ammo and the launcher would have been separated on transport, so I'd need to open the second box to actually get the ammo for the missile launcher.

Edited by satkaz

@satkaz , my bad, got cut off there. What I was going to say is that when you figure out how to crack the code on the launchers box it can be duplicated on the others so it'll only take you 1 maneuver to open the others.

12 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@satkaz , my bad, got cut off there. What I was going to say is that when you figure out how to crack the code on the launchers box it can be duplicated on the others so it'll only take you 1 maneuver to open the others.

So, this is how I'm seeing it:

-Jace opened the first box with Skullduggery rather than Computers, and the fact that I'd need to crack a code implies I'd need to make a Computers check instead to actually get all the boxes opened with a maneuver.

-Due to the 2 threat, Jace lost the free maneuver, so I can burn 2 strain with another maneuver and do an action, or just convert the action to a maneuver.

My train of thought is this: No way am I gonna be able to fire the missile launcher this turn, even if I didn't have the free maneuver lost. Right now, I can take 2 strain for a maneuver and take an action.

If the boxes aren't right next to each other, Jace would have to spend 2 strain and an action to get to a box and try to crack the code, leaving him open.

Now, if the boxes are right next to each other, I could redo the turn to take an action to try and crack the code, then burn 2 strain to take cover.

That's how I'm seeing it right now. Am I missing something?

Edited by satkaz

I think the boxes would be next to each other (why unload and scatter them about?), so in terms of manuevers to fire the missile you'd need one to open the other box for ammo, and 1 to load. This means you can pretty much fire next turn. Also you are all already in cover as you are in the house so they're trying to get you through windows and the hole from the grenade etc.

Teamwork! Maybe Shura is helping go through the boxes with you. One can load, the other fire?

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

I think the boxes would be next to each other (why unload and scatter them about?), so in terms of manue  vers to fire the missile you'd  need one to open the other box for ammo, and  1 to load. This means you can pretty much fire next turn. Also you are all already in cover as you are in the house so they're trying to get you through windows  and the hole from the  grenade  etc.                

Okay, so I'm fine with just opening the boxes now or would I need to make a Computers check first?

You've cracked one already, so I'd say you'd know how to repeat the action on the others.

13 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

You've cracked one already, so I'd say you'd know how to repeat the action on the others.

Alright, that works. Will be changing the IC post then and taking 2 strain to take the launcher out of the box.

14 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Teamwork! Maybe Shura is helping go through the boxes with you. One can load, the other fire?

That means I can fire, so maybe flip the turns so that Shura opens the box with Jace's help and loads a missile of your choice while Jace uses the 2 strain maneuver to pick it up and the action to fire?

Edited by satkaz

@Rabobankrider when the next turn arrives is their truck at long range of the base? Around where Usshkr would enter?

Their truck would be at medium range of the base along with the Duros, you will be entering down the road from them at long range.

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

Their truck would be at medium range of the base along with the Duros, you will be entering down the road from them at long range.

Still close enough, could Usshkr potentially drive it into them.

You can certainly try

2 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

You can certainly try

Then ramming speed it is then.

What kind of check do I need to do to open the boxes?

Thanks to @satkaz figuring out how to open them he could do an out of turn incidental (shouting instructions for you) you it will take a maneuver.

Today took longer to get stuff sorted after that I had planned, so I shall aim to get my ic posts up for tomorrow or Wednesday.

Is it an Average difficulty for shooting with my blaster? Or is there anything I need to know about that's going to make my check more difficult?

Edited by AdvocatXD

I'll make the gunnery check after work.

Gunnery [Backblast Clear] w/DP : 1eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a-s.png a-s.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

Incindienary missile, triggering Burn.

Edited by satkaz

@AdvocatXD , just an average will do