Star Wars: Kings of Nar Shaddaa (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Sure, I'll send you the details on the company that will help in a private message.

25 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@KungFuFerret , sorry, I forgot to post the response. You would be able to find out at the start of the enxt session when you go looking for info that all of their jobs are run out of the warehouse district on the outskirts of the sector, but the disadvantage mean you don't know which warehouse.

@Shlambate , I was actually thinking it might be interesting for you to be working for the courier company, perhaps your character sees a better opportunity with this gang?

@satkaz I'd say an average check for that but with a setback for being a relative outsider at this stage.

Hmm, would Expert Tracker remove that setback?

I don't see why not.

Okay then.

Streetwise [Finding a Weapon Dealer] : 3eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
a-a-a.png a-s.png a-a.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

Hmm, can't find a dealer, it seems. As for that advantage, maybe Jace notices something while walking around, like someone in the corner of his eye moving around?

Edited by satkaz

That could be a chance to spot @Edgehawk or @BeingofMortis ?

10 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

That could be a chance to spot @Edgehawk or @BeingofMortis ?

Yeah, why not?

Guess Jace will find @BeingofMortis 's character, Giz, then.

Edited by satkaz

Lovin' the idea, Edgehawk! I was just thinking the same things. I agree that it's totally awesome! Apologies for the slow reply. :) I was also considering a tomboyish attitude for Shura. Can't wait to start playing!

@Edgehawk , Are you still planning on gogo dancing at the nightclub? If so, I can have Leto introduce you into the story. I couldn't quite tell with the background if still planned too.

Worse comes to worse I can have Jex head to the club. He's not much for the streets, but even he'd know that the Nightclub's a good place to get information.

3 hours ago, Vergence said:

@Edgehawk , Are you still planning on gogo dancing at the nightclub? If so, I can have Leto introduce you into the story. I couldn't quite tell with the background if still planned too.

Hetaera wouldn't just be dancing the night away, in rotation with the other dancers. I tied her backstory with that of the other Twi'lek joining the group, so that was her "in" to the gang.

She would have scheduled performances, mostly in the VIP room, as well as some burlesque skits she has been working on with some of the other dancers. Leto would be at least passingly familiar with her schedule, which days, and approximate times she would be at the club.

@Rabobankrider Don't forget to give me the backstory info I'd need to help tie Usshkr into the party.

6 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Hetaera wouldn't just be dancing the night away, in rotation with the other dancers. I tied her backstory with that of the other Twi'lek joining the group, so that was her "in" to the gang.

She would have scheduled performances, mostly in the VIP room, as well as some burlesque skits she has been working on with some of the other dancers. Leto would be at least passingly familiar with her schedule, which days, and approximate times she would be at the club.

I read the background but were I’m seeking clarity is it was a childhood gang and everybody went their separate ways not staying in contact. We are just now “getting the band together again” in IC. So, if Shura is the glue, we are not in contact with her again yet.

The nightclub is Salc’s (separate from the gang) and Leto manages operations there. The way I read your background, it was as if the gang owned the club. The dance clubs irl I’ve attended are the dance floor attendees and music artist focused with the gogo dancers or aerial routines as background noise. With the layout and vip tables set up to focus on the music performance. The disconnect is I think burlesque skits are the focus and music is secondary (plus more private).

Does a different club location seem more in line with your character? If so, no biggy. As Jex said, he could tie Hetaera in :)

I think @Vergence has got most of it there, but I'll just do a quick run down so everyone know what's linking everyone:

@AdvocatXD does already know you guys ic, but I think we decided that @Shlambate didn't. I think that sounds right.

Edited by Rabobankrider

Slight clarification, my character and Vergence's have a shared history from their earlier days of crime. You might compare it to friends in elementary/middle school, who went different ways for highschool/college, and then literally bumped into each other in a bar later on. Though the age framework is a bit different on that, aged up a bit higher, but the concept is the impression I was under anyway.

When does this raid happen? So I can be ready by then. Still have a few things to iron out. Like what do these couriers do and why would Usshkr feel betrayed by them.

Edited by Shlambate

It'll be the final stage of this second session. I'll send you some info later on about the courier company.

Never mind.

Edited by BeingofMortis
5 hours ago, Vergence said:

I read the background but were I’m seeking clarity is it was a childhood gang and everybody went their separate ways not staying in contact. We are just now “getting the band together again” in IC. So, if Shura is the glue, we are not in contact with her again yet.

The nightclub is Salc’s (separate from the gang) and Leto manages operations there. The way I read your background, it was as if the gang owned the club. The dance clubs irl I’ve attended are the dance floor attendees and music artist focused with the gogo dancers or aerial routines as background noise. With the layout and vip tables set up to focus on the music performance. The disconnect is I think burlesque skits are the focus and music is secondary (plus more private).

Does a different club location seem more in line with your character? If so, no biggy. As Jex said, he could tie Hetaera in :)

I thought the club might have multiple rooms, levels.. whatever.. to accommodate different concepts. She intends to take her act to other venues, but maybe she could do a weekly performance at Salc's?

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

I thought the club might have multiple rooms, levels.. whatever.. to accommodate different concepts. She intends to take her act to other venues, but maybe she could do a weekly performance at Salc's?

Sure, I wasn't trying to shoot the idea down. Just trying to clarify a mutual image concept.

3 minutes ago, Vergence said:

Sure, I wasn't trying to shoot the idea down. Just trying to clarify a mutual image concept.

Alternatively..

This could be her place to go, to unwind and dance, when she's not performing.

6 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

I think @Vergence has got most of it there, but I'll just do a quick run down so everyone know what's linking everyone:

@AdvocatXD does already know you guys ic, but I think we decided that @Shlambate didn't. I think that sounds right.

Giz has the speeder truck. I figured it made sense for him to have the truck since he has the highest in planetary piloting. The Gadgeteer in him added attachments to fit his character. Speeder Truck/A-A5m "Smog"

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Alternatively..

This could be her place to go, to unwind and dance, when she's not performing.

You could be a 3rd party business that clubs hire in the area for 'diverse acts or dances' regularly or for special occasions too. Since you playing a information gather and maybe con artist, it could be useful to be mobile and get into areas with less security :P

EDIT: If Hetaera is at the club for whatever reason (fun or employment), we can introduce your character now since Leto is set up there.

Edited by Vergence
6 hours ago, Vergence said:

Since you playing a information gather and maybe con artist, it could be useful to be mobile and get into areas with less security :P

Very much thinking this would be her contribution to the gang.

5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Very much thinking this would be her contribution to the gang.

Yeah, my idea was to have Re'peek be the literal cat-burglar for the group. He's also about infiltration, but it's less about running a con/scam to bypass security, and more about climbing in through their windows, and snatching their people up. :P

http://swsheets.com/c/zvptuyk74-usshkr

So I finished the sheet, so I figured out a way for Betrayal to work and it involves a near death experience, so if anyone wants to be the one who saves Usshkr in his vulnerable state you get a life debt out of it! If not I guess he could have just toughed it out.

Now to read the IC so I can Catch up.